Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1005 1006 [1007] 1008 1009 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370587 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15090 on: July 15, 2015, 09:44:25 pm »

Okay, I love Darkest Dungeon but holy crap. If the game decides that you will lose, you will lose.

On my most recent exploration of the Weald, a team consisting of my only Vestal, my new Bounty Hunter, my best Hellion, and my favorite character (that also happened to be my first ever Man-At-Arms) got completely and unceasingly wrecked. Every single fight saw the team receiving at least two crits, quickly jacking up the damage and stress while the enemy resisted status effect after status effect, dodging far too frequently for my tastes. Eventually my Man-At-Arms became Abusive, and on what I believe was the final room battle of the dungeon the entire party got killed in the space of three rounds. Not a single resisted Death Blow.

Darkest Dungeon, natch.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15091 on: July 15, 2015, 09:50:51 pm »

Yet another proud infantryman had the gall to die up at the boulder.  Siiiigh.  The enemy armor seemed preoccupied, so I sprinted up to the bloody rock and initiated resuscitation procedures.  Suddenly I realized there was an enemy ATV firing on me from the dusty plain ahead - I must have missed it!  I tried to dive for cover but nope.

and of course no other medics were foolish enough to come for us

As luck would have it, I was test-recording (bizarrely, it recorded an 800x600 midsection of the screen heh).  Checking the footage, the ATV DID come out of nowhere.  It was an infiltrator with vehicle cloaking, who certainly earned his or her kill and revive-denial.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15092 on: July 15, 2015, 10:36:15 pm »

Do you use steam or just the basic client? Friend me on Steam, we can do Duo Ops! ;D
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15093 on: July 15, 2015, 10:54:10 pm »

Steam, but I'm really shy on Steam these days for... reasons... stupid sexy yet awful ex-boyfriend... Thanks though!
Besides, I play for a couple days and then I abandon it for weeks.  Not so conductive to team play.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #15094 on: July 16, 2015, 12:48:10 am »

>_>
<_<
There are a ton of B12 Planetside 2 players--though I think most use the standalone client rather than Steam here so...yeah.
Someone add me. Same profile name in game. Though I'm unsure if you've to add the character name...
Though haven't played since a long time ago. Updating will take a bunch [9+GB?] x_x

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #15095 on: July 16, 2015, 03:30:01 am »

Tiruin, thinking of you trying to play Planetside with that net of yours makes me cry.

I'd like to play with you guys, but... Y'know, I live in Aus. Yay.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #15096 on: July 16, 2015, 02:37:17 pm »

I was killing some dead babies when the game segfaulted on me, returning me to the seedy bathroom where I had last autosaved and forcing me to trek a couple miles through the wilderness again.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15097 on: July 16, 2015, 04:28:42 pm »

" Alright, I had to give him Plock, but my levies have refilled and I think I'm ready to quell this Slavic rebellion. "
I win the first fight, then chief Warjislaz (or something like that, substitute the sound you make when you sneeze) declared his OWN Polish Slavic rebellion, complete with 1500 men to fight my 1200, alongside the 800 still walking around from the rebellion I had began with.

Not an actual death, but I gave blood and then passed out. Turns out, I WASN'T "okey dokey"

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15098 on: July 16, 2015, 04:56:45 pm »

My band of merry warriors was running low-ish on food, so I stopped off at a nearby village shortly after dusk, hoping to bargain with their Village Elder for some cheap supplies.  Unfortunately I was ambushed by two bow-and-arrow wielding bandits in the dark, and before I could even get my shield up I was one-shotted with an arrow to the head.  Nizar, my faithful companion, ran forward to avenge my fall, but they took him out before he'd made it three paces.

While they didn't cut my throat while I lay there, they did rummage through my pockets and stole 76 of my hard-earned gold before the rest of my party arrived and they ran off.  I will bring harsh justice to this land, just as soon as I've gained enough experience, weaponry and people to do so.

Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15099 on: July 16, 2015, 06:38:49 pm »

Game dropped a Geth Collossus behind me, after I was outside of the Mako and trapped between the collossus and a locked door. The Collossus got a lot of free shots on the Mako while I was rushing back to it, then dealt the final blow as I was desperately trying to make a three-point turn and get to some cover.

Mass Effect. Virmire is pretty.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15100 on: July 17, 2015, 12:45:30 am »

"Hey, why do you guys keep missing like that? Stop it! Oh wait, the torches, I forgot."

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15101 on: July 17, 2015, 04:01:43 am »

Talking about Planetside 2, it's pretty much unplayable with Thailand net.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #15102 on: July 17, 2015, 05:02:27 am »

Tiruin, thinking of you trying to play Planetside with that net of yours makes me cry.

I'd like to play with you guys, but... Y'know, I live in Aus. Yay.
It is dedication, yeah. :-\ Pretty hard given the nets of the world combined.

That said:

Was playing with one of my volunteer-team teammates and teaching her how to play a nice game we're all fond of.
I expounded on game theory, naming, values, tactics, strategem, maneuvers, flanking, advanced planning, battlefield awareness, feinting...and the supporting builds of each and every unit, especially their limitations and their efficiency when working together, plus their effectivity when on the offense and defense.
We played ONE game where this was all tested on the field (with me giving much commentary all throughout). Playing my best, given my experience, to teach her along the way...the game ended with a victory on her side.

Because I totally did not see that one move and she thought it would be a good move after asking what she thought, because 'it put the King in danger.' Which..in hindsight, did support one of the teachings I gave: "Even experienced players make mistakes at times."
It ended with "Woah wait what. How did-" -esque phrases on my part, and equal surprise on hers.
We took a picture for her remembrance and a promise that I'll keep teaching later on. T'was a very lovely game.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #15103 on: July 17, 2015, 09:15:15 am »

Ah, Chess. I've got a friend who I'll probably be teach some of it to in the future, he's fairly smart so he ought to pick it up quickly. Unfortunately, inexperienced as he was and without me directly guiding him... He may as well have been playing Rock-Paper-Scissors with God for all the chance he stood at winning. That is, only a miracle would allow it, and one did not occur.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15104 on: July 17, 2015, 10:48:08 am »

My ultimate moment in chess was when I looked up a set of moves called a scholar's mate and finally got to try it out against family.   It was executed flawlessly.   My big sister still thinks I'm some kind of chess wizard even though that's really the only trick I know.

--------
While not quite a death of myself I'm pretty sure it's the death of my car.  I noticed that I needed one more point of archery to make a scorpion ballista for my car.  There's a slime pit nearby, I'll just train on them for a bit, they were never hard.

Unfortunately it seems they were significantly buffed since my last slime dive and I barely got out alive.  My still running car though was covered by blobs when I came back to try and retrieve it.  I tried throwing some firecrackers to lure them away but ran out before I could get enough blobs off to even safely approach it.

RIP battletrike MKII I will always remember you.

Cataclysm DDA
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1005 1006 [1007] 1008 1009 ... 1575