Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1002 1003 [1004] 1005 1006 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370938 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15045 on: July 09, 2015, 01:20:24 pm »

Oh, but the Tails and Eggman stages were so much FUN! I really enjoyed them, except for the Tails-in-the-spaceship-that-blows-up-and-sucks-you-into-space bit.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #15046 on: July 09, 2015, 04:25:14 pm »

Decided to try arcade mode on "Ridiculous" difficulty, one step up from hard, which I could usually clear with my team of Filia and Squigly. First match on Ridiculous, the game pits me against Double. A single Double. 2v1.

I HATE fighting Double. I hate everything about Double. I hate her design, I hate her moves, I hate her AI, everything. You know why? Because it constantly WRECKS MY SHIT YOU STUPID CHEATING AI BASTARD WITH YOUR GUN AND YOUR HIT CONFIRMS AND YOUR COMBOS AND SUPERS AND JUMPING AND AAAAAUGH INFURIATING.

Lost the match with Double still at half health, retried, beat her with literally a pixel of health left on Filia after Squigly got ko'd. On to the next match, guess what, ANOTHER ROUND OF ANOTHER DOUBLE. And Eliza. And Beowulf. The three AIs I have the hardest time against. BUT ESPECIALLY DOUBLE.

I forfeited the game. Screw you too, rng. The arcade run probably was Double all the way down.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15047 on: July 09, 2015, 09:08:57 pm »

Good heavens, I forgot how awful I am at this sort of game.  I'm lucky if I can get a half-dozen screens into any of the stages.
*starts humming*

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15048 on: July 09, 2015, 10:48:04 pm »

The server or room I joined had three teamers at the top of the leaderboard. As soon as my score got to 700, they started trying to aggressively spikeball me. They got me and I just fed myself to somebody nearby out of frustration.

Agar.io
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15049 on: July 10, 2015, 02:43:50 am »

there's a reason why you want to keep the fuck away from turtles

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15050 on: July 10, 2015, 03:00:30 am »

Got sloppy while clearing a tenth outpost.  I took out the sniper, silently but in view of the others.  Used the distraction to disable the alarm box and rush behind a building.  They hadn't actually spotted me, but as usual they "guessed" my general location pretty well.  A particularly crazy pirate with only a knife charged forward to investigate my spot.  No worries, I distractedly moved up to the corner of the building to ambush...  Barely noticing the sound of a grenade being found.

Short version: The pirates nuked one of their own with a grenade to get me.  By the time I stood up, I was looking down a shotgun barrel in black and white.

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15051 on: July 10, 2015, 09:49:08 am »

Decided to try arcade mode on "Ridiculous" difficulty, one step up from hard, which I could usually clear with my team of Filia and Squigly. First match on Ridiculous, the game pits me against Double. A single Double. 2v1.

I HATE fighting Double. I hate everything about Double. I hate her design, I hate her moves, I hate her AI, everything. You know why? Because it constantly WRECKS MY SHIT YOU STUPID CHEATING AI BASTARD WITH YOUR GUN AND YOUR HIT CONFIRMS AND YOUR COMBOS AND SUPERS AND JUMPING AND AAAAAUGH INFURIATING.

Lost the match with Double still at half health, retried, beat her with literally a pixel of health left on Filia after Squigly got ko'd. On to the next match, guess what, ANOTHER ROUND OF ANOTHER DOUBLE. And Eliza. And Beowulf. The three AIs I have the hardest time against. BUT ESPECIALLY DOUBLE.

I forfeited the game. Screw you too, rng. The arcade run probably was Double all the way down.

Double at any difficulty loves to hit confirm her Luger Replica into Bandwagon Rushdown, because it's so absurdly damaging, especially as a solo character. It also has invincibility frames during the entire time Double is summoning and using the Bandwagon. If you reckon you're gonna have a tough time, abuse assists with super armor (eg. Robo Fortune s. HP, Collimating Saw, or Cerebella's QCF+MP, Lock and Load, Eliza's crouching HK which I can't remember the name or Big Band's Brass Knuckles HP or MP).

Double has a lot of unique properties that make her one of the most infuriating opponents to fight - her small airsize making her able to drop out of air combos, hurting Filia and Fukua's game against her, the ability to shut down projectile spammers/zoners like Fukua, Peacock and Robo-Fortune with Flesh Step (a command dash that has a few invulnerability frames, so well timed a Double player can Flesh Step through smaller projectiles though not through larger or multi-hit ones that stay active a long time.) Also, Luger Replica is very fast travelling and can punish the slower characters like Cerebella or Big Band, though Cerebella can reflect the shot, she needs very good timing, and the CPU Double almost always goes for a Bandwagon Rushdown after Luger Replica.
To date, playing on any difficulty, up to and including Nightmare, I've never seen CPU Double rely on ANY supers besides Bandwagon Rushdown, because it's just so good. (high level double players forced to use her as a point character will prefer Catellite Lives as it makes every single attack Double has become safe on block, and the hits from the catheads don't add to IPS.) Same with CPU Cerebellas, where a solo Cerebella against a trio can deal ~50% hp with a basic hit confirm into Ultimate Showstopper (although it leaves a significant, almost all the health dealt recoverable as red damage.)

Tl;dr, certain CPUs are horrific to fight on high difficulties, solo Double, solo Cerebella, duo or trio Peacock.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #15052 on: July 10, 2015, 10:09:23 pm »

Played a game of firefight on Reach with my brother, then went back to ODST's firefight because we think it's more fun.  Decided were going to beat two rounds on Heroic difficulty.

...we just couldn't, and eventually I gave up.  So many intakill projectiles, its just ridiculous.  Grenades everywhere, fuel rods, wraiths.  Not to mention getting swarmed by drones and jackles.  The only level we had a good chance of doing with 2 people, the one with the warthog, my brother refused to actually stay in as gunner so I couldn't use my sick warthog driving skills.  Nope, whenever we killed a chopper he'd jump in, and then promptly lose a ramming fight with another chopper or a wraith.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

blazing glory

« Reply #15053 on: July 11, 2015, 01:12:09 am »

Some hermit with a flamethrower or something turned me extra crispy before I even saw him.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #15054 on: July 11, 2015, 10:37:52 am »

Some hermit with a flamethrower or something turned me extra crispy before I even saw him.

You could say you went out in... Blazing glory *puts on sunglasses*

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15055 on: July 11, 2015, 06:47:29 pm »

cats, Minotaur Fighter of Ru[Ru is, as far as I'm concerned, love. He is MOST CERTAINLY life already.] died on Zot:5 to a Orb[Or is it an Eye?] of Fire within sight of the Orb of Zot. I breezed through most of the game by whacking stuff with my +8 randart Morningstar of Crushing and acid resistance while abjuring enemy shenanigans with Ru's Aura of Power and my shield. I DID try to get an eveningstar up to +7 to replace it, but ended up with a distortion brand on it after an unlucky scroll of brand weapon and elected to stick with what works. Later, augmented by some basic buff spells, I destroyed Vaults:5 with Apocalypses and, combined with the Lair branches, got myself three Runes of Zot. Keep in mind that this is the first time I've even SEEN a Rune of Zot. I equipped myself with about a hundred units of food rations, a fuckton of potions, almost as many scrolls and several offensive Evocationsy items. My only weaknesses were a lack of rMut[Compensated by my large stack of cure mutation potions], rElec[Which made my otherwise awesome disc of storms highly dangerous], a mutation that made my berserk in combat randomly and an inability to read scrolls while injured. I made my way through the first two levels of Zot with little trouble. I had to bypass the third level to conserve my resources, since I was already at my max level of 25[I sacrificed two levels to Ru earlier]. The fourth level wasn't that bad, although I had to use two Apocalypses to get rid of the annoying Draconians in cages near the only downstairs to make it safe. The following attempt to clear Zot:5 went decently at first. There were no threats I couldn't beat down, although I often needed to scram to Zot:4 and heal. Then disaster struck. A huge band of Draconians randomly spawned in Zot:4 while I was resting. I fled down the stairs. I quaffed ~10 potions of curing[I had over 30 of the bloody things, this wasn't a waste at all] and then decided to brave the Orb chamber proper. I'd cleared out most everything besides the final chamber. I entered the final chamber and popped Apocalypse. Most everything was incapacitated or killed by it. I ran around the chamber, killing the incapacitated enemies. And then: disaster! An ancient lich and an orb/eye/whatever of Fire were still alive. The former blockaded the latter with summoned minions, the orb/eye/whatever of Fire chewed through my health pool. I killed the ancient lich and blasted the orb/eye/whatever of Fire down to basically no health with my wand of cold before exhausting its charges. It was one hit away from death, but so was I. My potions of heal wounds were exhausted, I couldn't use any of Ru's powers and I had no wand of healing or anything that could heal me above the "dying in one hit from a fireball" threshold". I crossed my fingers and attacked the thing. I. Fucking. Missed. It didn't. Despite my rF+++, the fireball killed me to death. Goddammit.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #15056 on: July 11, 2015, 09:12:55 pm »

Playing Persona Q late at night in my bed.

Started the 3rd labyrinth.
Met the FOE.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOPE.
Good thing I saved before I went in, because I turned off my DS as fast as I could.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #15057 on: July 11, 2015, 09:14:10 pm »

Which one? There are several...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #15058 on: July 11, 2015, 09:16:33 pm »

Which one? There are several...
The first one you meet.  In my defense it was really damn late at night and I was pretty tired.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15059 on: July 13, 2015, 10:43:58 am »

Just before the exit on one of the last floors, there's an invisible encounter(you don't see it on the map before the battle starts): a wizard and three assassins. Okay fine. I set the Goblin up to throw choking powder to stop any special attacks, and the Succubus to put everyone to sleep while I pick them off.

Choking powder fails to effect anyone. Before Succubus can act, one of the assassins uses Cataclysm Bomb - half my party is dead(including Succubus), the other half is nearly dead and on fire. Then the wizard casts Fire Storm.

A different encounter on the same floor. More varied enemies. Just one assassin. I try the same strategy(it usually works, especially Sleep). Before anyone can act, the assassin uses Cataclysm Bomb. Then one of their warriors uses Wide Swing.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 1002 1003 [1004] 1005 1006 ... 1575