Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 999 1000 [1001] 1002 1003 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371099 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15000 on: June 29, 2015, 11:38:17 am »

My canon Shep died in Mass Effect 2 because fuck Mass Effect 3. :P (I think only Zaeed made it out of the suicide mission that run.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15001 on: June 29, 2015, 11:59:29 am »

Huh. I thought that if any of your squad members survive, then Shep doesn't die.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #15002 on: June 29, 2015, 12:02:05 pm »

Huh. I thought that if any of your squad members survive, then Shep doesn't die.
You need at least 2.

My canon Shep made it through all 3 games as a soldier, and never made a Renegade choice.

Except with that guy who
Spoiler: Actual Spoilers (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15003 on: June 29, 2015, 12:09:33 pm »

Hell yeah my Paragon Soldier brother. Sister. Whatever.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15004 on: June 29, 2015, 12:15:26 pm »

You can manipulate it so only Shepard and one other squaddie make it to Mass Effect 3; you just have to make sure only Shep, your chosen one, and Zaeed make it through the final mission, then go do Zaeed's loyalty mission and kill him at the end. I did that with Morinth and a pure Renegade Shepard just to be maximum asshole.

Also, back when I played, I too used to go mostly Paragon and only went Renegade when it was pragmatic (blowing up the taunting Krogan in Jack's loyalty mission) or funny (defenestrating the mercenary in Thane's recruitment mission).
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 12:18:01 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #15005 on: June 29, 2015, 01:33:06 pm »

Hell yeah my Paragon Soldier brother. Sister. Whatever.

Whoop whoop

There's also the option of
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
if you're too dumb to live.  My friend did that; he claimed it was because he was curious as to what would happen.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Astfgl66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15006 on: June 29, 2015, 02:13:15 pm »

Oh god ME talk.
I did the three on insanity, and let me say that in the first it's absolutely ridiculous how powerful the adept is. Maxed barrier is stupid (you can eat a rocket to the face and survive), singularity, levitation, and projection for crowd control which means you never get overwhelmed (actually the most dangerous thing on insanity is crowd of husks, they just do so much damage with their shockwave...). Not to mention that pistols are OP as hell with permanent marksman and you also have warp for tearing up enemy armor to help dealing with the immunity spamming enemies (which are just unkillable juggernauts without) and if you pick overload as a bonus power you can also deal with shields easily.
In the second adept is the worst class i tried (soldier,engineer, infiltrator and vanguard), because anything with a shield screws you up. You are pretty much recquired to bring with you two overload spamming companions (garrus/tali and miranda for me usually) to get through.
In 3 adept is the most fun i had because of all the biotic explosions (so satisfying and they deal huge damage) plus with bonus spell you can get flare which eliminates shields, and if you dont have the dlc just bring companions to spam overload and then go to town on eveything. Second most fun was vanguard because even on insanity charge (replenishes shields) + nova (invincibility frames) means you are unkillable (except for synch kills, but who in their right mind would charge a banshee...) and it deals a crazy amount of damage.
Soldier was fun but shooting things was not as satisfying as making everything explode. Infiltrator was OP as shit (cloak + black widow <3) but still not as fun or dynamic as adept and vanguard imho.

Now i have the urge to start another playthrough...

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15007 on: June 30, 2015, 12:52:22 am »

Short version: My zombie-shanking archer dandy dressed as a cat died in a thermonuclear explosion.

Spoiler: Long version (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Name of the game (click to show/hide)
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15008 on: June 30, 2015, 03:26:31 am »

I was so hasty to solve a puzzle that I skipped an important clue.

Trilby's Notes, a game by Yahtzee Croshaw. I don't really like adventure games, but I liked the story so much that I couldn't wait until the part 2 on the Ego Review to see what happened.

Also, I accidentally started romancing Kaidan and decided to load a save rather than risk having made an irreversible decision. Sorry, but my love interest is not going to be the most boring man on the Normandy. :P

Mass Effect. Kinda irritating that the dialogue options almost never match up with what Shepherd ends up saying.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 03:44:13 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #15009 on: July 02, 2015, 08:01:00 am »

Mass Effect. Kinda irritating that the dialogue options almost never match up with what Shepherd ends up saying.
IMO, Shepard is a master of conciseness and brevity when delivering a point. For me, the dialogue options give the general gist of what the speaker's intent is, instead of just saying what he's saying (because by then, that's cutting so far into concise, that Shepard would be speaking...a handful of words as a response :P)

So I'm a real busy person nowadays \o/
But free time = time spent on laptop, because that's where the majority of my work is (due to movie editing and making. A really important movie to be sent to sponsors, it seems ._.)
So I hit up Steam and play a gift that a friend gave me (dear goodness I've a ton of gifts that...my whole account is purely gifts alone :-\ :'( So thankful.), and then try one of the games in a multi-game...game.

Meatboy.

I forgot how annoying the traction or friction is here as I played it before as a flash game on Kongregate. It's like there's a total less friction with the main character, that movements on this platformer is made...difficult, especially given that the character = nearly 1 tile, and in most of the early middle to later levels, the platforms are either 1 tile in width, or 2 tiles. So jumps = SLIIIIDE > ded.
Because there are traps everywhere that wouldn't make sense if it was a logical game :D (We have salt slides.)
It's fun, but gah. The slipperiness doesn't help at times. It does, however, make you very mindful of the power you put in a single key tap.

...So I guess precision and fine motor control is developed.
Doesn't help that I had to spend an hour in-between-breaks doing one darn level because of those 1 tile platforms. :-[

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15010 on: July 02, 2015, 05:17:12 pm »

Can't be worse than LA Noire though, right? Like, something'll be a bit unclear so you'll doubt the statement and then Mr Professional Detective goes off on a new widow about how she's a liar and is making a big coverup.
That isn't what doubt means at all!

EDIT: Oh wow the level was changing costantly ahead of me with every single beat. I can't keep up with that, especially when my craptop struggles with running the game in a playable manner at all.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 06:14:00 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15011 on: July 02, 2015, 09:29:08 pm »

My incredibly expensive, experimental, beyond-top-secret jet was being given a test flight by a rookie pilot. I forgot to pack an ejection seat, airbrakes, parachutes... anything, really, that would have helped her stop. Except, you know, the ground.

Kerbal Space Program
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15012 on: July 03, 2015, 02:40:50 am »

Defeated a dozen times in a row by that shadow on field V4

Gemcraft: Chasing Shadows. I swear, that bastard was deliberately trolling me... Appearing just outside of range, or even right next to my orb and bombarding away.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15013 on: July 03, 2015, 03:53:41 am »

So created character, so obviously overpowered. I run into Liu Bei's group and tag along. We ended up taking Pu Yang just as Yuan Shao get's decimated by Ma Teng.

A quick bit of negotiating after taking some empty cities led me to become prefect of Jiang Xia. Then a bit of build up to get 5 groups of marksmen; then the world was my oyster. The bottom left of China was essentially untouched, Sun Jian getting wiped out early...

Long story short: Marksmen OP, solo'd all of China.

And the ending? Liu Bei apparently doesn't trust me enough, so he has me captured and executed; by FREAKING LU BU; I CAPTURE ALL OF CHINA FOR YOU AND YOU TRUST THE LEGENDARY BACKSTABBING FATHER-KILLER OVER ME?!?!

So after sitting through the ending, load game. I then transfer all the officers I've collected to Pu Yang; the capital. I then rebel, taking every city except Pu Yang with me; I then march right in, blow away a full group of 15,000-ish soldiers with my marksmen+tower combo.

Liu Bei and his brothers, Lu Bu, Cao Cao, Sun Jian, Yuan Shao, Dong Zhuo, practically everyone well-known and less-than-so in the Sangokushi saga had joined up. I cut off all their heads, all 127 of them.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #15014 on: July 03, 2015, 04:37:41 am »

It's obviously Dynasty Warriors [Number] [Subtitle], but rules are rules...

Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.
Pages: 1 ... 999 1000 [1001] 1002 1003 ... 1575