Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 997 998 [999] 1000 1001 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371304 times)

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14970 on: June 25, 2015, 12:56:39 pm »

I decided to download Cataclysm DDA.

Ok, whose idea was it to put a turret just outside the shelter?
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

blazing glory

« Reply #14971 on: June 25, 2015, 04:33:56 pm »

To make sure everyone enters and leaves the shelter in an orderly manner.

Be glad it's not Chicken Walkers.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #14972 on: June 25, 2015, 04:39:05 pm »

Time to beat: 8 minutes

My time: 8:03, 8:14, 8:10

All because I missed the giant flashing yellow Boss Eye of Vulerability at the lastsecondAUGH

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #14973 on: June 25, 2015, 05:39:57 pm »

More Cataclysm DDA.

Round 1: Spawn inside shelter. Go outside. See 15 different zombies RIGHT OUTSIDE THE DOOR OH GOD THEY'RE COMING FOR M...

Round 2: Spawn inside shelter. OH GOD THERE ARE 15 ZOMBIES IN HERE WITH ME! Is that the corpse of my last character in the doorway? Yes, yes it is. Crap.

Round 3: Spawn inside shelter (thankfully a different one). Go into basement because there's stuff down there. ARGH! Fall into underground science lab. Get turned to mince by manhacks. Whose idea was it to put a science lab full of manhacks directly beneath a shelter? You can't even get back up the stairs!
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14974 on: June 25, 2015, 07:04:57 pm »

Started a normal abduction mission (with Long War, might I add. This is, approximately, my 5 millionth abduction mission.) in a.. really shitty position. Seriously? Behind this building with no cover except the building itself? Thanks, Skyranger pilot.
Anywho, I send my sniper up to the observatory area to get him a good Squadsight spot, and put two or so men in the downstairs room of said observatory, when all of the sudden a Cyberdisk appears! My first. I was not glad.
My soldiers and the 'Disk exchange fire after it literally oneshots our SHIV, and then a few Thin Men decide to show up. All's rather well and good, considering, even when my medic tanks two (ONLY TWO??) damage from the 'Disk's grenade... but another 'Disk shows up. Its Drone buddies zap my scout, whom is then shot by the Thin Men, another Thin Man oneshots my infantry unit, my sniper's actually in a super shitty spot... I restarted.
XCOM - Enemy Within
Black lives matter.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14975 on: June 25, 2015, 08:50:33 pm »

for your safety.  tbf, before the outbreak reached uncontainable levels, it was probs your best friend.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14976 on: June 25, 2015, 08:51:53 pm »

for your safety.  tbf, before the outbreak reached uncontainable levels, it was probs your best friend.
Why the hell were you leaving the shelter?  It's not safe out there.  You are now safe from zombies forever *beep boop*.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14977 on: June 26, 2015, 07:19:47 am »

Two Geth Destroyers just roflstomped my team. This game's AI doesn't really play by the rules of the game, so I'll just be crouching and doing the cover shooter song-and-dance when a giant monstrosity just punches my entire party to death.

Also, I met the Black Blob effect, where the game doesn't know what to do with my graphics card and just renders characters as black pixellated blobs. I found the console workaround, but it was so frustrating that I just called it quits for that session anyway.

Mass Effect. Kinda frustrating, but Bioware RPGs are a guilty pleasure of mine so I'm still having a blast.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14978 on: June 26, 2015, 07:40:36 am »

Started a normal abduction mission (with Long War, might I add. This is, approximately, my 5 millionth abduction mission.) in a.. really shitty position. Seriously? Behind this building with no cover except the building itself? Thanks, Skyranger pilot.
Anywho, I send my sniper up to the observatory area to get him a good Squadsight spot, and put two or so men in the downstairs room of said observatory, when all of the sudden a Cyberdisk appears! My first. I was not glad.
My soldiers and the 'Disk exchange fire after it literally oneshots our SHIV, and then a few Thin Men decide to show up. All's rather well and good, considering, even when my medic tanks two (ONLY TWO??) damage from the 'Disk's grenade... but another 'Disk shows up. Its Drone buddies zap my scout, whom is then shot by the Thin Men, another Thin Man oneshots my infantry unit, my sniper's actually in a super shitty spot... I restarted.
XCOM - Enemy Within

That sounds rather like my first rounds against Cyberdisks in Long War.

Yeeeaaaah, Long War will seriously kick your ass. I've actually restarted a mission several times just so it generates with me in a spot where I can actually get cover in the first turn, since otherwise by the end of the second turn my team's dying and the aliens are breaking out the anal probes.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #14979 on: June 26, 2015, 12:21:39 pm »

Electrocuted and then smashed into the air with a giant hammer.

Dark Souls. Damn Smough and Ornstein.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14980 on: June 26, 2015, 12:22:09 pm »

I got eaten by a cell that was at least twice as large than the largest I'd ever been. And that was after its owner split.

Agar.io
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14981 on: June 26, 2015, 02:14:57 pm »

Raiding a landed UFO, doing fine after some Floaters, Sectoids, and a Muton. I enter the UFO, where everyone is altered (dammit), and encounter four more Mutons, whom I dispatch... easily enough, even with the sacrifice of my Shiv.
Then the Berserkers show up. One is shot three times via Overwatch and is almost dead, while the other apparently used his buddy as a distraction and is at full.
Two soldiers went down to the second Berserker and I promptly restarted + EVACed.
XCOM - Enemy Within (+ Long War mod)
Black lives matter.

Lossmar

• Bay Watcher
  • Humanity Fuck Yeah !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14982 on: June 27, 2015, 03:00:02 am »

Doned my best black dress and tried to recruit/seduce people for my "Fuck for Freedom" group ...

Promptly got shot in the face with shotgun by Conservative crackhead...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
How to cure gaming industry in couple easy steps :
1. Stop preordering games.
2. Stop hyping games that have nothing to show except pre-rendered hype trailer.
3. Always distrust corporations.
4. Always rage at criminal DLC , microtransactions, pre-order bonuses and other semi legal practices.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14983 on: June 28, 2015, 05:50:13 am »

I hacked a door and killed some guards, went down a hall or two, then SURPRISE! BOSS FIGHT! I died in short order due to the sudden onslaught of very tough dudes.

Mass Effect. This black blob glitch is really irritating me, the game is very pretty when you don't have to turn off all the dynamic lighting because of a stupid bug.

EDIT:

Benezia knocked me over, ran up to me, then shot me 50 billion times before I could even start to get up. It's no fun when the NPCs are actually as smart as human players :(

Mass Effect again.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 06:40:30 am by itisnotlogical »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14984 on: June 28, 2015, 07:38:47 am »

I hacked a door and killed some guards, went down a hall or two, then SURPRISE! BOSS FIGHT! I died in short order due to the sudden onslaught of very tough dudes.

Mass Effect. This black blob glitch is really irritating me, the game is very pretty when you don't have to turn off all the dynamic lighting because of a stupid bug.

EDIT:

Benezia knocked me over, ran up to me, then shot me 50 billion times before I could even start to get up. It's no fun when the NPCs are actually as smart as human players :(

Mass Effect again.

Oh, the Benezia fight. Behind fighting a Geth Armature while on foot, this is my most loathed fight.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 997 998 [999] 1000 1001 ... 1575