Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 996 997 [998] 999 1000 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371416 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14955 on: June 22, 2015, 02:04:27 pm »

I hired an Ace Liberal Attorney to defend me.

No, I didn't kill anybody, but a certain somebody haaad to be the prosecution, didn't he?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14956 on: June 22, 2015, 06:35:55 pm »

I hear it, try to make it to safety, get caught, spun around, and the last thing I see is that double-mouth opening up over me.

I make it to the first locked door to enter the key.  I hear a shriek, feel a sharp pain, look down, and see this huge spike jutting out of my chest.  Well, that's unfortunate...

I manage to hide, but the alien seems to know I'm in the area.  It's standing with its back to me in the middle of doorway, but if it turns around, it'll see me, since there are absolutely no boxes between me and it.  I ready a noisemaker to distract it while I get around to the other side of the barrier, toss it...I miss the still-open doorway and accidentally bounce the blasted thing off its head.  It pauses for a second, looks down at it, looks up at me...yep, real smoo-

« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 06:43:20 pm by Culise »

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14957 on: June 22, 2015, 07:00:38 pm »

I got beaten into a pulp by a bunch of freaky frogmen. They really don't like me for some reason.

Don't Starve
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14958 on: June 22, 2015, 07:28:15 pm »

Ran out of ammo and only made the trike mad, so I grab my machete, A Toreador I am not.

Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14959 on: June 22, 2015, 09:07:54 pm »

Killed by Hamlord Octavian.

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14960 on: June 23, 2015, 12:03:22 am »

I died cowering inside an outhouse when a monster broke the outhouse door in, beat me to death, then dragged me into a nearby lake.

Spoiler: game name (click to show/hide)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14961 on: June 23, 2015, 03:34:10 am »

I ate a box of poisoned chocolates. It seems like no matter how high you raise some of her skills, Elodie will never be especially bright.

Long Live The Queen.

I got too close to my ex-wife and she beat me up.

Murder, one of many bizarre games included on a Windows 95 shareware games disk I picked up at Goodwill.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 04:38:55 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14962 on: June 23, 2015, 07:16:58 am »

I know I always had problems with Super Mutants, but I wasn't very far from the Vault and a quest I got from Megaton led me to the encounter. It's just one, how hard can it be? If all else fails, I'll just grab my assault rifle.

Turns out it was a Super Mutant and a Super Mutant Brute with an incinerator. I'm at level 4. Took them quite long to kill me, but they still did and I could barely do damage.

On a funny note: after loading back my quicksave, I used my Chinese Officer's Sword and killed them while using only two stimpaks (I got blocked/backreaped by a random dog and suffered a pretty hard attack because of it)

Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

blazing glory

« Reply #14963 on: June 23, 2015, 07:44:47 am »

Go through intro-thingamajig, get a shot of Joker's teeth, crash.

So this is why people don't pre-order...

EDIT:Hoo-boy.

If anyone else pre-ordered this, I'll point you to this, as while it's not doing me too much good for my performance, it stopped the crashes so it works.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 09:02:34 am by blazing glory »

shroobot3000

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastinator Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14964 on: June 23, 2015, 09:18:08 am »

I got beaten into a pulp by a bunch of freaky frogmen. They really don't like me for some reason.

Don't Starve
Protip: Everything will try to kill you at some point. Even the trees.

I underestimated France, big mistake with Paradox games.

This is only the beginning. We will prepare, we will grow stronger. When the time is right, we will emerge and take our rightful place as the supreme power of the universe!
To be honest, the kids can barely survive step 1 of Project Traumatise-Children, let alone the "Skinny dipping in magma" Phase of the plan.

We need to perfect the main part of the childcare program before we start going all crazy.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14965 on: June 23, 2015, 05:36:51 pm »

Had a nice little town, with around a $2,000 profit. I decide grow by installing a water system and re-zoning for denser residences. A few months later, the extra services required put me at a $3,000 deficit and very little cash.

My war of genocide on all alien races(except other Humanoids, who enjoy being slaves) gets put full stop when half my empire decides to break away. Three seconds later, an autosave. Thirty more seconds, and the traitors demand I remove my military from their terriory. Assholes.

I'm still battling them, but they're starting to take Boskara immigrants. They are promptly purged from reconquered worlds, of course.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14966 on: June 23, 2015, 09:35:56 pm »

All was set to proceed when I decided to take a risk. I had 245 loyal, well-armed men prepared for battle. Invoking the Gods in a sacrifice, they smiled upon us and boosted morale. I sent a group of skirmishers to strike at their outer defenses and lost only one man to their ten dead. A blazing success in my eyes. In order to better assess the military might of my entrenched rivals, I decided to don civilian gear and pierce into the heart of the enemy fortress. Damn it! I've been spotted! After a fierce battle, wielding nothing but a wooden stick while clothed in peasant's robe, I ran to pick up the spear and shield of the first soldier I killed. As I grabbed the shaft and pulled back to pierce through the enemy's defenses, some jerkoff saunters 'round the corner and slices me from behind. His companions see the opening in my defenses, having grabbed the spear before a shield, and I am promptly murdered by 4 to 5 guys simultaneously breaking my block.

Damn you, Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest!

P.S: I savescummed, pillaged the fortress, and captured its leader. Revenge!
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14967 on: June 24, 2015, 01:37:46 am »

Quit the game without saving, losing about 30 minutes of play. I haven't even saved the game once, since I usually die once I'm just about done playing anyways.

Long Live the Queen.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hessra

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Internal Struggles
    • View Profile
« Reply #14968 on: June 24, 2015, 04:51:20 pm »

I was supposed to protect a bandit while he was hacking some terminal in the dead end of a sewer of sorts. At this point I'm just fucking around in the armory, switching from sniper rifle to assault and revolver because the close quarters. The battle music comes on, I hear the bandits shooting at something out of my line of sights. Now, there are three hallways leading to the terminal with walls separating them but ultimately all paths lead to Rome, right ? A knee-height eyeless biped hurls itself at one of the bandits, then another and another. These aliens are pouring in like somebody announced them dinner is served. My allies are decimated under my eyes by werewolves, fire hurling xenos and some chestbuster looking atrocities. In the chaos I shot one of the bandits and the entire troop turns hostile on me. Tough luck, the aliens rip them apart and now are drooling to take a bite out of my tender legs. I crouch before the terminal and unleash hell upon the monsters, stopping only to reload. At some point I switch to the revolver because it seems to be more effective. Everything is blowing up, my vision is blurry, I'm hearing things, I'm shooting like a fucking maniac and my legs are broken. Cornered with no way out of the horde I drop a grenade at my feet.

No brouzouf was earned that day.

shroobot3000

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastinator Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14969 on: June 25, 2015, 09:59:30 am »

First match in a while and I remembered why everybody hates artillery.

This is only the beginning. We will prepare, we will grow stronger. When the time is right, we will emerge and take our rightful place as the supreme power of the universe!
To be honest, the kids can barely survive step 1 of Project Traumatise-Children, let alone the "Skinny dipping in magma" Phase of the plan.

We need to perfect the main part of the childcare program before we start going all crazy.
Pages: 1 ... 996 997 [998] 999 1000 ... 1575