Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 995 996 [997] 998 999 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371427 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14940 on: June 20, 2015, 12:23:51 pm »

I was fighting near a supernova, so I did standard Fire-Prevention procedures: Vent the entirety of the ship but the rooms with crew in them. It was all going well. Until the enemy shot my oxygen system. RIP crew of the FS Doomed.

Probably should have picked a less foreboding name.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14941 on: June 20, 2015, 12:48:43 pm »

So for this to happen, not only do I need to qualify for every single speedrun achievement on each level, but I need to have enough cushion there to make up 14 minutes across 14 levels.
You could also do really, really well on a handful of missions and then not make the cutoff on a few others. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #14942 on: June 20, 2015, 01:50:44 pm »

So for this to happen, not only do I need to qualify for every single speedrun achievement on each level, but I need to have enough cushion there to make up 14 minutes across 14 levels.
You could also do really, really well on a handful of missions and then not make the cutoff on a few others. :P

Unfortunately "really, really well" has thus far been "barely on pace," hence the dying and crying.

On the elevator rides up, my two starting characters were getting in arguments about a past conflict they were both involved with.   Then, halfway through the game, one of them MURDERED THE OTHER ONE.

This was a good thing in the sense that he was the token evil teammate...

I haven't been arsed to look up a wiki on the subject, but do you recall if Token Evil was higher level than Whatserface? I know he was when it happened to me, and I'm not sure if that story turns out the same every time or if relative level is a factor.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14943 on: June 20, 2015, 01:54:58 pm »

I was wandering in a forest when I suddenly encountered a vine beast. I took out my gun to shoot but apparently there wasn't enough inventory space to keep the knife I was originally holding. The game then asked if I wanted to drop my knife instead and I said yes, wanting to kill this vine beast as soon as possible.

I took a few shots at it but I wasn't doing any damage. At first I thought I was just missing my shots when suddenly in my combat log I spotted the message "The bullet passes through". At this point I run, trying to get as far away from the vine beast as possible. Then I realize that I forgot my knife. That knife meant everything to me, it's my lifeline. It allows me to butcher animals to eat and it's my strongest melee weapon.

I ran back in to find it but unfortunately I bumped into a few queen trifids. I did not survive that encounter.

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14944 on: June 20, 2015, 03:11:42 pm »

Unfortunately "really, really well" has thus far been "barely on pace," hence the dying and crying.

On the elevator rides up, my two starting characters were getting in arguments about a past conflict they were both involved with.   Then, halfway through the game, one of them MURDERED THE OTHER ONE.

This was a good thing in the sense that he was the token evil teammate...

I haven't been arsed to look up a wiki on the subject, but do you recall if Token Evil was higher level than Whatserface? I know he was when it happened to me, and I'm not sure if that story turns out the same every time or if relative level is a factor.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14945 on: June 20, 2015, 03:15:20 pm »

I simply don't have the heart to breeze through Zone three, let alone kill Death Metal.

Teh back and forth step.  most critter will come to you.  And goblins are easy peasy.  You can literally corner them.

the lute is weak, but hits just about everything.  A catseye with upgraded range, so as long as you stay out of attacked squares you good.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14946 on: June 20, 2015, 03:58:26 pm »

Someone should write a TAS program for speedrunning DF: Conquering the Circus being the goal. This would require a large number of scripts that can call eachother, and an ability to accept failure. Which I assume will be hard for a machine.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14947 on: June 20, 2015, 04:24:59 pm »

Someone should write a TAS program for speedrunning DF: Conquering the Circus being the goal. This would require a large number of scripts that can call eachother, and an ability to accept failure. Which I assume will be hard for a machine.
Speedrun as in minimum amount of real time? Or as minimum amount of in-game time? Because I've seen some designs that could easily conquer the circus in the first two seasons if you invested your starting points right and had a bit of luck.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14948 on: June 20, 2015, 10:14:29 pm »

Some kinda giant demon-hog decided he didn't like the way I was sedately wandering around harvesting grass, so he headbutted me into oblivion.

Don't Starve
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14949 on: June 21, 2015, 04:27:19 pm »

That...thing dropped down literally right in front of me while I was heading back through the ward; didn't even technically kill me because I panicked and killed the program.  I ordinarily attempt to avoid cursing, but I literally figuratively cursed a blue streak with my heart still racing. 

Gods, I don't even know how I'm going to keep playing this game if I keep panicking like his. 

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #14950 on: June 21, 2015, 06:00:26 pm »

Damnit... it feels like a non-standard game over.  It was so sad, but I probably deserved it for ignoring that social link.  THIS SUPER PEACEFUL MUSIC CAN'T STOP MY TEARS GAME.

At least I got the good end though.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14951 on: June 21, 2015, 06:08:51 pm »

I accidentally wandered into an evil zone... Apparently I was playing as a Japanese schoolgirl, since I was immediately surrounded by half a dozen giant spiky tentacles.

Don't Starve
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14952 on: June 21, 2015, 09:52:57 pm »

I finally got XCOM for the first time and it's kicking my ass.

There was this one moment when my rookie was being attacked by 2 floaters. Both shots missed thankfully but what ended up happening instead was honestly alot worse. So the shots missed and they end up hitting the wall behind my squad.  Behind that wall was a dormant pod of thinmen who have now been alerted. To make matters worse they had a flanking position on my squad.

And it's not even over yet. A third floater then one-shots my other rookie and the entire squad panics.

My entire squad got eviscerated the next turn.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

shroobot3000

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastinator Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14953 on: June 22, 2015, 06:24:52 am »

Deerclops paid us a visit. After that hounds showed up.

This is only the beginning. We will prepare, we will grow stronger. When the time is right, we will emerge and take our rightful place as the supreme power of the universe!
To be honest, the kids can barely survive step 1 of Project Traumatise-Children, let alone the "Skinny dipping in magma" Phase of the plan.

We need to perfect the main part of the childcare program before we start going all crazy.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14954 on: June 22, 2015, 08:40:36 am »

Killed by father.

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 995 996 [997] 998 999 ... 1575