Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 994 995 [996] 997 998 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371400 times)

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14925 on: June 19, 2015, 03:28:03 am »

I died inside as Psycho Mantis told me just how incompetent I was. I really need to stop snapping people's necks so much.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14926 on: June 19, 2015, 05:26:26 am »

Pah, what does a misanthrope with bullshit mind powers know about competence?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14927 on: June 19, 2015, 05:29:07 am »

Pah, what does a misanthrope with bullshit mind powers know about competence?
He can read my mind. I'm pretty sure that counts for something.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14928 on: June 19, 2015, 05:33:25 am »

The time honored tactic of steering into enemy fire doesn't work when there is a destroyer waiting around the bend to suckerpunch you with a full salvo of torpedos and battery fire.
Thats mostly for dealing with gunfire...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #14929 on: June 19, 2015, 03:45:37 pm »

goddammit, no, NO, FUCK YOU GAME.  I WAS GONNA FINISH HER SOCIAL LINK LATER YOU PIECE OF SHIT.  AND FUCK YOU TOO DOJIMA.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 03:50:20 pm by Cthulufaic »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #14930 on: June 19, 2015, 03:50:49 pm »

goddammit, no, NO, FUCK YOU GAME.  I WAS GONNA FINISH HER SOCIAL LINK LATER YOU PIECE OF SHIT.  AND FUCK YOU TOO DOJIMA.

Spoiler: Actual Spoilers (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #14931 on: June 19, 2015, 03:52:03 pm »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #14932 on: June 19, 2015, 04:04:33 pm »

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #14933 on: June 19, 2015, 08:04:26 pm »

Last time through I was a bit of a tourist, so I decided to try and Speedrun with Lilac.

The good news is that I died much less this time around and didn't game over on Brevon despite many fewer lives in the bank! The bad news is that apparently there are achievements for speedrunning individual levels... a fact I did not discover until I achieved it on Final Dreadnought Part 1.

Speedrun Achievement: 90min game.

My time: 130 minutes.

hessra

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Internal Struggles
    • View Profile
« Reply #14934 on: June 20, 2015, 04:21:55 am »

I was doing town raids to gather resources. The plan was to build a little cabin on the edge of town where I can go back and store resources and have a good night's sleep. It was all cool and dandy until I got bumrushed by skeletons, from there on it quickly went downhill.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14935 on: June 20, 2015, 05:27:36 am »

Sounds like you got too near to the Tumblr headquarter.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14936 on: June 20, 2015, 07:02:04 am »

YOU WEREN'T READY TO JOIN THE SKELETON WAR
Black lives matter.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #14937 on: June 20, 2015, 12:04:04 pm »

My current objective being a speedrun clear, I figured I'd practice by doing Time Trials to get speedrun clears on each individual map before doing them all in one go. For shits and giggles I decided to add up how much time a speedrun clear of each individual level would be.

Speedrun Clear Achievement: Clear game in less than 90 minutes.

Adding up the individual level Speedrun achievements: 104 minutes.

So for this to happen, not only do I need to qualify for every single speedrun achievement on each level, but I need to have enough cushion there to make up 14 minutes across 14 levels. So really all those chieves should be a minute shorter. I've accomplished this by accident on Final Dreadnought 1 and 2, but after giving the first two levels my very best I've only cleared them with 15 extra seconds to spare.

I may not have died in game, but I died a little IRL

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14938 on: June 20, 2015, 12:11:06 pm »

On the elevator rides up, my two starting characters were getting in arguments about a past conflict they were both involved with.   Then, halfway through the game, one of them MURDERED THE OTHER ONE.

This was a good thing in the sense that he was the token evil teammate, but a bad thing in the sense that he was our main fighter.  The next level was much, much harder than the previous ones for some reason, and I lost as a result.  If I had compensated by building more turrets I could have probably made it.  But I had stubbornly refused to make more than a bear minimum of turrets the whole game, preferring to push my resources into food production to upgrade my characters.  My backup combat character died unexpectedly fast to one wave and from there it was all over but the crying.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14939 on: June 20, 2015, 12:19:37 pm »

I dont remember this being possible to happen in Dungeon of the Endless, :o but then I played in early release.

Anyway, I thought I had a good start, all the races pretty much minding their own business (I should have known there is no such thing), when the insects suddenly murdered the communists sloths. I propped the warmongers people a bit to fight the insects, but even though they were at war, they took the time to annihalte the mad scientists ewoks that were in my federation.
Right now, the 2 warlike factions are figthing it out over most of the solar system. There's only three races that survived (one with lonely boars, one with happy robots, and one with honorable aliens, which are the sole survivor of my early federation). The capitalistic robots died too.
Despite me sabotaging the 2 factions and helping the 3 others, the military difference is getting stronger and stronger, and I think this system will end in another unending war  :-\

Pages: 1 ... 994 995 [996] 997 998 ... 1575