Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 990 991 [992] 993 994 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2379239 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14865 on: June 15, 2015, 07:18:43 pm »

Uplink - Traced...
DUMBLY I forget how much time I had while grabbing the admin passwords to give me around 3-4mins of work time in the quests, first bloody thing I open I spend more then the 20sec I needed to get the password. I had just bought the major gateway too T_T
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14866 on: June 15, 2015, 08:03:59 pm »

Taurus Demon. Charges forward until you're trapped in a corner, then smashes you to death. And you WILL end up trapped in a corner, if the fight goes on for longer than ten seconds. Despite the fact that your character can most likely fit between the demon's legs, you actually can't and will just have to sit it out in the punishment corner until it kills you, because Lord knows they couldn't program it to walk backwards once in a while.

Dark Souls. I don't give a damn how fair anybody says this game is, that particular boss is the most unfair thing I have seen in a long time.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14867 on: June 15, 2015, 08:12:12 pm »

Taurus Demon. Charges forward until you're trapped in a corner, then smashes you to death. And you WILL end up trapped in a corner, if the fight goes on for longer than ten seconds. Despite the fact that your character can most likely fit between the demon's legs, you actually can't and will just have to sit it out in the punishment corner until it kills you, because Lord knows they couldn't program it to walk backwards once in a while.

Dark Souls. I don't give a damn how fair anybody says this game is, that particular boss is the most unfair thing I have seen in a long time.

...I seem to remember being able to run under its legs. Maybe try rolling?

Also, there's a ladder behind you in the corner. When the taurus demon comes out you can run back there.

When all else fails, just keep throwing yourself at the boss again and again, death after death, yelling and screaming until it finally dies.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #14868 on: June 15, 2015, 08:14:19 pm »

Also, there's a ladder behind you in the corner. When the taurus demon comes out you can run back there.
This is the intended way to beat it. I think you get an item if you manage to kill it with only plunging attacks.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14869 on: June 15, 2015, 08:14:35 pm »

Spoiler: Taurus spoilers. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Later boss spoilers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 08:16:20 pm by Culise »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14870 on: June 15, 2015, 08:31:47 pm »

This is the intended way to beat it. I think you get an item if you manage to kill it with only plunging attacks.

I do try to kite it up to the tower, but then after a plunge attack I'm just trapped between it and the wall until I get smooshed. Also, I wasted all three of the golden pine resin, which I think was supposed to be the intended way to beat him (he's ridiculously weak against lightning). I used one to see what it does, one while trying to beat Armored Dude, and one in my most recent attempt. He's also weak to firebombs...... too bad I killed the merchant on accident (chopping up barrels to try and find a secret)......

At least now that I'm semi-competent at the game, it wasn't too hard to get to the point where I was, minus a few levels and using a vastly different character.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14871 on: June 15, 2015, 08:35:17 pm »

-quote snip-

I do try to kite it up to the tower, but then after a plunge attack I'm just trapped between it and the wall until I get smooshed. Also, I wasted all three of the golden pine resin, which I think was supposed to be the intended way to beat him (he's ridiculously weak against lightning). I used one to see what it does, one while trying to beat Armored Dude, and one in my most recent attempt. He's also weak to firebombs...... too bad I killed the merchant on accident (chopping up barrels to try and find a secret)......

At least now that I'm semi-competent at the game, it wasn't too hard to get to the point where I was, minus a few levels and using a vastly different character.

Are you playing with a controller? Keyboard controls in Dark Souls is hell.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14872 on: June 15, 2015, 08:40:59 pm »

-quote snip-

Are you playing with a controller? Keyboard controls in Dark Souls is hell.

Yeah, controller. Not a great one, but a controller none the less.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14873 on: June 15, 2015, 08:58:56 pm »

Edit: Wrong thread

Uh, I guess I had to restart a level in Creeper World 3.  Guess which one?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 09:19:33 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14874 on: June 16, 2015, 01:29:47 am »

(chopping up barrels to try and find a secret)
Try rolling.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14875 on: June 16, 2015, 01:37:44 am »

Stabbing with spears should also work.
Black lives matter.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14876 on: June 16, 2015, 02:48:14 am »

(chopping up barrels to try and find a secret)
Try rolling.

'Incompetence' should be a noun choice in the message system.

"Be wary of incompetence"
"Weakness: incompetence"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14877 on: June 16, 2015, 07:51:31 am »

-snip-
Taurus Demon... That minotaur on the wall battle right... I remember my first time encounter with him. I was playing it on a stream so my friends could watch and give me advice, now being Aussie and general twitch time lags they were like 30secs behind so yeah help was a little slow getting to me. I had made a few mistakes here and there, accidently killed the merchant guy while attempting to talk to him to buy the armour (playing outcast or whatever the no armour guy was) and got a Dikatana from him. Picked that up, upped my skills to use it, got up to the door before the boss, them warning me and telling me to just jump stab it cause I would never be able to defeat it any other way...

This was due to lag of course, while they were watching me climb the ladder to the door I had enchanted my weapon with that lightning dust stuff, two handed it and then just bull rush the bull and stabbed the fucker dead, he didn't even get a chance to respond. The stream caught up, the amount of Bullshit calls I got was funny as hell...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 08:04:25 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14878 on: June 16, 2015, 07:58:11 am »

Taurus Demon... That minotaur on the wall battle right... I remember my first time encounter with him. I was playing it on a stream so my friends could watch and give me advice, now being Aussie and general twitch time lags they were like 30secs behind so yeah help was a little slow getting to me. I had made a few mistakes here and there, accidently killed the merchant guy while attempting to talk to him to buy the armour (playing outcast or whatever the no armour guy was) and got a Dikatana from him. Picked that up, upped my skills to use it, got up to the door before the boss, them warning me and telling me to just jump stab it cause I would never be able to defeat it any other way...

This was due to lag of course, while they were watching me climb the ladder to the door I had enchanted my weapon with that lightning dust stuff, two handed it and then just bull rush the bull and stabbed the fucker dead, he didn't even get a chance to respond. The stream caught up, the amount of Bullshit calls I got was funny as hell...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #14879 on: June 16, 2015, 07:59:44 am »

Maybe this should be in the "Own" thread? Also, forgot the game. It's Dark Souls.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 990 991 [992] 993 994 ... 1575