Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 988 989 [990] 991 992 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370540 times)

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14835 on: June 14, 2015, 03:57:55 am »

I'd just gotten my Sheridan and was playing my first round with it, when suddenly a wild T-72 appeared! He promptly shot and killed me with a lucky engine fire, as my ATGM somehow failed to penetrate his sides.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14836 on: June 14, 2015, 06:10:27 am »

Was steaming along on the enemy side of the map in my desytroyer looking for the carriers-when one of the carrier drivers got lucky and managed to hit me with a few torps(it's definitely not easy setting up a torpedo run on a fast moving target like a destroyer, so props to him!)

World of Warships. Seriously having a blast with this, especially now that I got my gtx750 ti
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14837 on: June 14, 2015, 06:20:27 am »

Doing the Super Saiyan Legend Parallel Quest to try and level up my new character. Even with Nappa and Frieza on my side and playing as Raditz, I took way too much damage fighting Gohan, Piccolo and Vegeta, so I was totally unprepared for Goku and Krillin. Maybe playing as Raditz was the problem...?

Dragon Ball Xenoverse.
Black lives matter.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14838 on: June 14, 2015, 07:00:43 am »

Eviscerated, launched, burned, drowned, etc etc.

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #14839 on: June 14, 2015, 08:16:23 am »

Micolash, F**k your move that shoots lasers.

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14840 on: June 14, 2015, 11:14:28 am »

Round 11 with Armored Dude. I've found the area's boss and I think I know it's weakness, but I absolutely refuse to move on from Undead Burgh until I defeat Armored Dude and take whatever treasure he has on him.

I think I've found a sustainable strategy to beat Armored Dude; dodge his combos and go for safe, little jabs from behind my shield. However, I got too greedy and tried to go for a firebomb once I'd kited him to my preferred arena. Since there is nothing in the world that can faze Armored Dude, he simply charged through it and combo'd me to death. I tried to leave a message about my strategy, but the best I could come up with to convey the spear idea was the highly Freudian "try thrust".

Dark Souls. If I loot just one more Hollow Warrior Waistcloth, I am going to scream.

Oh, yeah, that guy in Undead Burg. I remember finding a way to parkour over to the treasure that guy's guarding. Gotta roll from higher up over the gap and over the railing to land on the balcony. Lead to me dying several times while trying to do it.

Pro-tip, successfully doing this will result in Armored Dude running up and tackling you. There is no escape.

For fighting Armored Dude, I'd recommend parries and backstabs in a wide open area.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14841 on: June 14, 2015, 11:28:37 am »

Round 11 with Armored Dude. I've found the area's boss and I think I know it's weakness, but I absolutely refuse to move on from Undead Burgh until I defeat Armored Dude and take whatever treasure he has on him.

I think I've found a sustainable strategy to beat Armored Dude; dodge his combos and go for safe, little jabs from behind my shield. However, I got too greedy and tried to go for a firebomb once I'd kited him to my preferred arena. Since there is nothing in the world that can faze Armored Dude, he simply charged through it and combo'd me to death. I tried to leave a message about my strategy, but the best I could come up with to convey the spear idea was the highly Freudian "try thrust".

Dark Souls. If I loot just one more Hollow Warrior Waistcloth, I am going to scream.

Oh, yeah, that guy in Undead Burg. I remember finding a way to parkour over to the treasure that guy's guarding. Gotta roll from higher up over the gap and over the railing to land on the balcony. Lead to me dying several times while trying to do it.

Pro-tip, successfully doing this will result in Armored Dude running up and tackling you. There is no escape.

For fighting Armored Dude, I'd recommend parries and backstabs in a wide open area.
A message near that point said "try jumping", so I did.

I got the item he was guarding, but was rather surprised to find myself trapped between a pit and a miniboss.  Fortunately you keep items even if you don't retrieve your bloodstain.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14842 on: June 14, 2015, 11:44:12 am »

Chapter 7. As soon as the second radiator is destroyed Selvaria shows up and murders half my squad in one turn. How am I supposed to do this?

Valkyria Chronicles.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14843 on: June 14, 2015, 03:33:00 pm »

I got the item he was guarding, but was rather surprised to find myself trapped between a pit and a miniboss.  Fortunately you keep items even if you don't retrieve your bloodstain.

I had already got the item that he was guarding by jumping down from the stairway leading up to the area boss. I don't even remember what it was, so it must not have been too impressive. :P I was mostly hoping that he'd drop a piece of his armor, or maybe his weapon. I did beat him, but only got a titanite chunk or whatever (which I'll probably lug around in my inventory forever since I'll be too afraid of wasting it).

I have never successfully parried. The timing is way too tricky, and leaves me vulnerable for much longer than I can justify when I can just jab enemies to death from behind my shield.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14844 on: June 14, 2015, 04:32:22 pm »

I had already got the item that he was guarding by jumping down from the stairway leading up to the area boss. I don't even remember what it was, so it must not have been too impressive. :P I was mostly hoping that he'd drop a piece of his armor, or maybe his weapon. I did beat him, but only got a titanite chunk or whatever (which I'll probably lug around in my inventory forever since I'll be too afraid of wasting it).

I have never successfully parried. The timing is way too tricky, and leaves me vulnerable for much longer than I can justify when I can just jab enemies to death from behind my shield.
Parrying is quite useful. Learn to do it. You could practice on the undead dudes around undead burg, they have easy-to-read attacks. Backstabbing is also good, but not as tricky as parrying. Just face an enemy's backside and hit the right button.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14845 on: June 14, 2015, 05:15:38 pm »

Chapter 7. As soon as the second radiator is destroyed Selvaria shows up and murders half my squad in one turn. How am I supposed to do this?

Valkyria Chronicles.
Endure.

Store up a full bar of CP for the reinforcement waves.  Kill all the infantry the first or second turn they appear, and then make sure you get to anyone who she downs.  Call in reinforcements as needed from the main base.  Hint: you will probably need quite a few reinforcements.  In my experience, she only moves twice for the first couple of turns and then starts moving once.  Every one of her attacks is pretty much guaranteed to down someone tho.

In the same game, there's a mission where you have to re-unite the squad leader with his squad after they separate.  But the squad leader got stuck and everyone else seemed to be doing fine, so I focused on winning the main battle.  Then once everything was dead and the enemy forward base captured, I realized I needed to bring the squad leader in to win.  So I run him through the canyon he has to go through.  Cue stepping on 2 different land mines and getting an instant game over.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14846 on: June 14, 2015, 07:17:22 pm »

Guys, Binding of Isaac is really hard.

The first boss I meet keeps killing me.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14847 on: June 14, 2015, 07:18:44 pm »

Oh, you poor soul. You have no idea what's in store.
* Sirus offers a comforting pat
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14848 on: June 14, 2015, 08:02:51 pm »

Oh, you poor soul. You have no idea what's in store.
* Sirus offers a comforting pat
*SNERK*
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14849 on: June 14, 2015, 08:23:15 pm »

Oh dear. I'm so screwed.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!
Pages: 1 ... 988 989 [990] 991 992 ... 1575