Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 986 987 [988] 989 990 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370663 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14805 on: June 11, 2015, 02:46:36 pm »

I, uh. I accidentally killed the guy that was trying to tell me what to do. I was trying to click on a popup thing about an item i picked up like 20 minutes prior and I ended up killing him.

Dark Souls.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14806 on: June 11, 2015, 02:49:35 pm »

At least the game I picked up was Dark Souls, a game which is somehow 100% unspoiled for me and looks like the sort of game I've been wanting to play for a long time.
Try not to die. Good luck.
Or rather, Prepare to Die. I really doubt anyone with no experience can go through the game without dying.
That's the joke. It'd be nigh impossible for someone with no prior experience to beat the game without dying at least once.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14807 on: June 11, 2015, 11:22:40 pm »

A message said "be wary of tough enemy" right in front of a big hulking dude in a whole bunch of armor. I didn't know he was going to be THAT tough :P

Dark Souls.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14808 on: June 11, 2015, 11:25:11 pm »

Whose idea was it to put nigh-invincible enemies a minute's walk from the path that every single player walks every single time they play the game!? Stupid Jackal gangers lead the Deathclaws over and they moidered me with their 10 Perception and >150 damage claw attacks.
Fallout New Vegas
Black lives matter.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14809 on: June 11, 2015, 11:40:21 pm »

A message said "be wary of tough enemy" right in front of a big hulking dude in a whole bunch of armor. I didn't know he was going to be THAT tough :P

Dark Souls.
First lesson of Dark Souls, assume that everything can kill you.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14810 on: June 12, 2015, 02:22:03 am »

Round 2 with armored dude. I hit him with all five Black Powder Bombs (or whatever they were), bringing him down to a manageable amount of health. Then I hit Y instead of R-Bumper on my controller, and he killed me in one swift combo.

Dark Souls. On the surface, Dark Souls plays like a beat-em-up I played a lot on Xbox, so I'm always hitting the wrong buttons (trying to use Y to attack, X to dodge, etc).

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14811 on: June 12, 2015, 02:50:26 am »

Have you considered rebinding the controls to the set you feel more comfortable with? I know it's probably going to result in slightly worse form, but if it works for you then it works.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14812 on: June 12, 2015, 02:59:53 am »

I tried, but I have to use an external driver for my controller so any changes to the bindings won't reflect in the game's UI (although I'm pretty sure they wouldn't even if my controller worked out of the box). If the game says to press A but A's function is actually bound to B or something, that'd mess me up more than just having to get used to the controls.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14813 on: June 12, 2015, 04:13:50 am »

So I decided to do a little action game practice. I made a new save, jumped straight in on hard (I considered using a cheat to unlock Revengeance, but I thought I'd play it normal first). Well.. yeah, it is hard. And guns are just as annoying as before.

I beat the Ray with 2.5% hp, which I consider a death in its own. Then, while running down the tower I died 2-3 times for real. Then, when finishing off the Ray I did some pretty have dmg, at which point I failed at chopping apart a few rockets and died. After that, I killed it, no sweat.

To be honest, my timings suck and the controls feel strange. I guess that's more or less normal on PC with keyboard and mouse though.

I did very well against LQ-84i, however. Only his heat knives and his claw pounce got me. I guess it's easier to parry in a direction when the direction is obvious.. I mean, which direction is the Ray's foot when it's hovering above you?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT:
Jetstream Sam DLC on Revengeance was a very, very bad idea. Died 2-3 times to the first two enemies, then couldn't pass the next area and died so many times I can't even tell you anymore. I think it's better to go through the main game first...

« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 05:02:18 am by Wimopy »
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14814 on: June 12, 2015, 09:01:34 am »

Decided to kill the Grey Prince (Agronak Gro-Malog) on the hardest possible difficulty.
27 tries and counting...

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14815 on: June 12, 2015, 09:31:42 am »

Goshdurnit, Bloody Marie on Nightmare difficulty is... well, a nightmare. This is the closest I've ever gotten with any team.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14816 on: June 12, 2015, 10:32:17 am »

Lost 4 Frigates to a single boat. The boat in question is four guys rowing, and two guys with muskets. Each Frigate has 20 or so cannons on each side.

Decided to kill the Grey Prince (Agronak Gro-Malog) on the hardest possible difficulty.
27 tries and counting...

Spoiler: Can be cheesed (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14817 on: June 12, 2015, 01:09:54 pm »

Mobius' X-42 robo-scorpions explode. At very low health, I momentarily forgot this fact.
Fallout: New Vegas, Old World Blues DLC.

OWB is hard enough just by using energy weapons...
Black lives matter.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14818 on: June 12, 2015, 10:33:01 pm »

Kevak told me how to open the tech tree. I promptly researched higher levels of sorcery and set my library on fire.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14819 on: June 12, 2015, 11:14:02 pm »

Dafauq is KeeperRL?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 986 987 [988] 989 990 ... 1575