Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 985 986 [987] 988 989 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370176 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14790 on: June 10, 2015, 03:40:58 pm »

Played a Foundry mission without checking the recommended level. Since Foundry missions don't have a way to lock out players below the recommended level, I totally accepted a quest that was meant for characters about ten levels above me. I died two or three times each encounter.

Star Trek Online. Foundry missions are hilarious. So many typos, so many fursonas (although the gameplay actually is a lot of fun and some of them are genuinely challenging).
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14791 on: June 10, 2015, 07:46:37 pm »

A wrestler in a wolf costume, a cartoon girl with a top hat and tons of explosives, and an eldritch shapeshifting demon all walk into a bar. "Walk into a bar" in this case means utterly beat me into a pulp with the hypothetical bar.

Double, Beowulf, and Peacock are some of my least preferred characters to fight. The only way it could've been worse would be Double, Beowulf, and Big Band.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Once you perfect using Cerebella's level 1 grab Blockbuster (the ever famous "HERE WE GO!") then you can pull wins out of your arse. It's the most damaging level 1 super, and the only other one that comes close is Big Band's level 1, but only if it's been powered up by his taunt. Plus, it's a command grab super, so they can't block it easily.

Pearofclubs

• Bay Watcher
  • Servant of -it-
    • View Profile
« Reply #14792 on: June 10, 2015, 07:57:48 pm »

Stabbed to death by a moblin with a spear.

Guess I forgot how hard Zelda 2 was :P

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #14793 on: June 10, 2015, 08:59:02 pm »

You have a long and difficult path ahead of you, my friend. Best of luck.

Spoiler: Zelda II version (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 09:00:50 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14794 on: June 10, 2015, 09:35:40 pm »

Once you perfect using Cerebella's level 1 grab Blockbuster (the ever famous "HERE WE GO!") then you can pull wins out of your arse. It's the most damaging level 1 super, and the only other one that comes close is Big Band's level 1, but only if it's been powered up by his taunt. Plus, it's a command grab super, so they can't block it easily.

I am bad at remembering to use supers. And then when I remember to use supers I can wind up fumbling for the right command and get myself combo'd even more while messing up.

Plus, having tried beta and playing around with Robo Fortune, I may have found an alternate teammate for my Squigly. Robo's beams as an assist are really useful for helping Squigs to get in close. And also useful for catching and resets. And also useful for chipping. And mixups. Basically good beam spam.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14795 on: June 10, 2015, 11:28:24 pm »

Goddamn elephants. My awesome Merfolk Transmuter, cats[<-Proper name], who was basically a kung fu kitchen magician with their blade hands died trying to go toe to toe with a dire elephant. Note to self, those hurt. I did a HELL of a lot better on this run then any other, mostly because of using blinking and teleportation scrolls a lot more then I usually do. Escape items are the fucking BEST. I vanquished like 3-4 ghosts of previous incarnations of cats[I don't know how to change names for different characters, so its cats all the way down.] and ginsued the Minotaur of the Labyrinth too, for extra bragging rights.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

shroobot3000

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastinator Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14796 on: June 11, 2015, 03:20:02 am »

H H H! RETURN OF GANON
This is only the beginning. We will prepare, we will grow stronger. When the time is right, we will emerge and take our rightful place as the supreme power of the universe!
To be honest, the kids can barely survive step 1 of Project Traumatise-Children, let alone the "Skinny dipping in magma" Phase of the plan.

We need to perfect the main part of the childcare program before we start going all crazy.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14797 on: June 11, 2015, 05:01:46 am »

I am bad at remembering to use supers. And then when I remember to use supers I can wind up fumbling for the right command and get myself combo'd even more while messing up.

Plus, having tried beta and playing around with Robo Fortune, I may have found an alternate teammate for my Squigly. Robo's beams as an assist are really useful for helping Squigs to get in close. And also useful for catching and resets. And also useful for chipping. And mixups. Basically good beam spam.

Hmm. I always give myself a mental tickbox. "Have I just completed a shitty combo or ended with a HP, HK or special? Is the foe ground bouncing, rolling or just crumpling? If so, use super."
Though with Eliza that turns into "Spam Sekhmet and her medium punch combo."

Different characters have more usable supers to end combos with - a good example is Double's Level 1 super, the one with the car thingy.  Invincibility, and if you hold the opposite direction, it comes from the other side. Same with Filia's Gregor Samson, which causes wall bounce at the end of it, so you could combo into something else and into a Fenrir Drive.

Even if you're terrible with 360 inputs (there are precisely two in the game: cerebella's second level 1, and Fukua's totally for novelty level 5), her other level 1, Diamond Dynamo is a solid option for finishing a combo.

Oh yeah, and Squigly's not terrible at approaching. While her dash has a windup period to it, her jumps are not terrible. You can hit confirm pretty effectively with j. MP, and let the extra hits play out.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 05:03:19 am by Reudh »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #14798 on: June 11, 2015, 07:02:54 am »

Played a Foundry mission without checking the recommended level. Since Foundry missions don't have a way to lock out players below the recommended level, I totally accepted a quest that was meant for characters about ten levels above me. I died two or three times each encounter.

Star Trek Online. Foundry missions are hilarious. So many typos, so many fursonas (although the gameplay actually is a lot of fun and some of them are genuinely challenging).
All the good ones are REALLY FUCKING GOOD though. Like, better then the missions Cryptic craps out good. I can copy over a list for you if you like.

Also I thought missions auto'd to your level now?

Man I miss playing that, stupid virus.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14799 on: June 11, 2015, 08:42:14 am »

All the good ones are REALLY FUCKING GOOD though. Like, better then the missions Cryptic craps out good. I can copy over a list for you if you like.

Also I thought missions auto'd to your level now?

Man I miss playing that, stupid virus.

Most missions I've played have a little "Recommended for level xx characters" line in the description. I'm awful at STO and mostly just stare at the pretty lights in combat, so I don't know what's going on with the numbers behind the scenes.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14800 on: June 11, 2015, 10:13:55 am »

Found myself in the crossfire of no less than 4 enemy battleships in the middle of the map. Swift destruction followed

World of Warships
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14801 on: June 11, 2015, 01:36:33 pm »

I fell victim to the Steam summer sales already. My discipline is weak :(

Real life. At least the game I picked up was Dark Souls, a game which is somehow 100% unspoiled for me and looks like the sort of game I've been wanting to play for a long time.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14802 on: June 11, 2015, 02:19:24 pm »

At least the game I picked up was Dark Souls, a game which is somehow 100% unspoiled for me and looks like the sort of game I've been wanting to play for a long time.
Try not to die. Good luck.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14803 on: June 11, 2015, 02:32:27 pm »

I fell victim to the Steam summer sales already. My discipline is weak :(

Real life. At least the game I picked up was Dark Souls, a game which is somehow 100% unspoiled for me and looks like the sort of game I've been wanting to play for a long time.

Oh shoot that's on sale?
I know what I'll be posting here soon, then.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14804 on: June 11, 2015, 02:35:46 pm »

At least the game I picked up was Dark Souls, a game which is somehow 100% unspoiled for me and looks like the sort of game I've been wanting to play for a long time.
Try not to die. Good luck.

Or rather, Prepare to Die. I really doubt anyone with no experience can go through the game without dying.
Damn character builds though. I had no idea what to invest in and just knowing how to fight didn't help much... Using someone else's build though is very boring. Ah well, may have to have a go at it again. (Doesn't help that I only play solo, even in Monster Hunter...)
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread
Pages: 1 ... 985 986 [987] 988 989 ... 1575