Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 982 983 [984] 985 986 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369966 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14745 on: June 06, 2015, 06:40:01 pm »

This should make creepers a lot less annoying:
/gamerule mobGriefing false

They're just as deadly, but no longer screw up your constructions (kinda like when they explode in water).  I think endermen won't pick up blocks anymore either, and maybe ghast fireballs.  No idea about the Wither though.
Oh yeah, all servers I go to do that until I forgot that creepers can normally fish up your constructions.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14746 on: June 06, 2015, 10:57:37 pm »

Trying to catch a train as it leaves the station, the train starts around a curve at 45kmph, causing the car I was ruining next to to have its end swing out, smacking me in the face, while in tier two armor, killing me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

shroobot3000

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastinator Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14747 on: June 07, 2015, 03:21:21 am »

Started a space crusade (re: went to war as zealots) but since the game kept crashing I ran compatibility mode for vista pack 2 (I use win 8.1). The game decided my creations are incompatible so it replaced them with armless failures. After I ran through all stages on Hard.

This is only the beginning. We will prepare, we will grow stronger. When the time is right, we will emerge and take our rightful place as the supreme power of the universe!
To be honest, the kids can barely survive step 1 of Project Traumatise-Children, let alone the "Skinny dipping in magma" Phase of the plan.

We need to perfect the main part of the childcare program before we start going all crazy.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14748 on: June 07, 2015, 03:38:45 am »

I fell from a bit too high up. Maybe a 10 foot drop. Fall damage took my last quarter of my health bar and I died in front of the megaton clinic.

It's like my Vault Dweller tripped on the doorway into the clinic. So close to heals, so far. Like a dehydrated man who's been lost in the desert, who winds up tripping and drowning face-first in an oasis.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14749 on: June 07, 2015, 03:57:28 pm »

Attacking a base, there are at least 80 people from each faction here. Air power is prevalent in this fight, so there are a few AA Max Suits around. I am one of them.
One or two ESFs at a time, no problem, raking in the certs.
Run out of ammo.
Everyone else is out of ammo.
They start pushing hard with Liberators and ESFs.
There are three engineers, all sitting on turrets, not throwing out ammo or repairing Maxes at all.
Everyone died.

(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14750 on: June 07, 2015, 08:44:58 pm »

Not so much a death as a rage quit.
I was playing as Poland. It was my first game, so I'd made some mistakes and paid for them dearly. Fortunately enough, I was beginning to get a handle on things. My ruler, the most recent in a long line of underage children, has just became an actual man at 16, complete with beard. Suddenly, Bohemia's ruler decides that he'd like to annex me, much like his father had tried and my grandmother over in Kiev. I don't understand demesnes for squat, so the country was split between me (Greater Poland and parts of Pomerania) and my vassals and brother. Bohemia mounts a 1600~1900 man force and starts consolidating it, and my levies only yield around 800 men. Tribal groups can't call out their vassal's levies, so I saved and tried upgrading my tribal organization. That allowed me to call up warriors from across the realm, a good 3000 or so men. I bravely bash my larger numbers against Bohemia's smaller numbers like a large cat falling onto a smaller cat. Joy overtakes me. Look at me grandma, I'm protecting Poland! I'm doing it! It's happening! Not five seconds watching these numbers play out before I find that my fresh and shiny new capable ruler has received a blow to the head and is incapable.  It's not the brain damage to my ruler that made me rage. It wasn't the revolt that sprung up in Plock or so that made me rage. It was the message, barely five minutes into adulthood, that stated that the same man who was my regent five minutes ago was my regent again, but it wasn't going to be only for six years this time...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 09:50:04 pm by Lukewarm »

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14751 on: June 07, 2015, 09:53:40 pm »

That actually sounds like the usual drowner stuff in witcher, minus the healing. Though I was stormed by drowners underwater, I haven't actually seen one that went into water if it spawned on ground.

Probably that, the mod adds a lot of stuff from witcher. I have no idea how hard they are in that game, but in skyrim they are an absolute pain in the ass. Speaking of that, I found a new favorite monster to hate from that mod: The treeant. It's basically a cross between a giant and a spriggan in terms of appearance, and is as strong as you'd expect it to be. Only difference from regular giants is that they are everywhere around riften and are instantly hostile to you. My latest death wasn't from them however, It was from a trio which consisted of a reaper spirit (not sure if that's the exact name, it was something like that), an ancient reaper spirit and a vampire priestess. Both reaper spirits looked exactly how they sound like, and come with a spell strong enough to kill me in a single hit. The priestess is some kind of demonic abomination wielding what looks like a daedric spear. Needless to say, I died many times from them. At least the spear, which was referred as a halberd in-game, was totally worth it. Upon further inspection, I've noticed that the model is basically the skull of corruption with a daedric sword glued on top. I have to admit the result looks awesome, if not a bit lazy.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14752 on: June 07, 2015, 11:06:15 pm »

Are drowners the enemies that regenerate when they're in water or if it's raining?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14753 on: June 08, 2015, 12:33:00 am »

I tried breaching a locked door with a frag grenade. The resulting explosion caused a tear in the space time continuum and instantly obliterated the universe.

...actually it caused the game to crash.

Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14754 on: June 08, 2015, 01:00:20 am »

I tried breaching a locked door with a frag grenade. The resulting explosion caused a tear in the space time continuum and instantly obliterated the universe.

...actually it caused the game to crash.

Beats my attempts.  Buy game, download, throw about 50 mods at it without even starting.  Finally start, get born, time ceases to continue flowing in the universe.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14755 on: June 08, 2015, 01:19:02 am »

Are drowners the enemies that regenerate when they're in water or if it's raining?

No idea if they do that in their game, since I've never played it. In the mod they only had a healing spell that they would use at the most annoying time possible, A.K.A when I'm out of mana and can't do anything to prevent them from getting back to almost full health.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14756 on: June 08, 2015, 01:25:09 am »

Beats my attempts.  Buy game, download, throw about 50 mods at it without even starting.  Finally start, get born, time ceases to continue flowing in the universe.
>>throw 50 mods at it

I think I found your problem.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14757 on: June 08, 2015, 01:25:45 am »

No idea if they do that in their game, since I've never played it. In the mod they only had a healing spell that they would use at the most annoying time possible, A.K.A when I'm out of mana and can't do anything to prevent them from getting back to almost full health.
In the first game they were crappy mooks that you cut down by the dozen.

They had no special abilities, the only thing unique about them was where and when they would show up, and you can basically guess from the name.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14758 on: June 08, 2015, 01:29:03 am »

>>throw 50 mods at it

I think I found your problem.
The actual problem was with Fallout itself.  Did some ini file editing, game hasn't crashed in the hours since, versus the every five minutes it was doing.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14759 on: June 08, 2015, 03:05:58 am »

I just remembered last night that v20 came out.  I did not realize how much I relied upon the Assault rifle and kicking shit until they got nerfed and Pinky's speed got raised :|

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 982 983 [984] 985 986 ... 1574