Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 981 982 [983] 984 985 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369963 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14730 on: June 05, 2015, 11:16:14 am »

Trying to do a quest to get some pants for my dragoon.  The pants are lv 52.  Nowhere near level cap (which I think is somewhere up around 99) I enter the dungeon that some thief apparently decided to stash them in (how she got so far in there solo is anyone's guess).  And use an item I bought for 10000 gil to completely bypass the dungeon's mechanics which would have otherwise required a second warm body to manipulate switches for me.  I go through the door and jump down a hole thinking the hard part is behind me and get 2 shot by a lv 90+ mob immediately.  I didn't even see it to target it.

Looking through the guide again, I'm apparently supposed to bring a level capped player with me and have them go first (for a item that's barely half level cap) cast a sneak spell (which dragoons can't cast) or just pray that mob isn't there.

Who designs a class quest that requires you to bypass a monster twice your level using tools that said class does not have access to?  Makes no sense.

Final Fantasy 11
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14731 on: June 05, 2015, 11:22:31 am »

All because of a fucking creeper holy fucking shit I hate creepers.  THey don't kill me anymore, that's not the problem.  It's that they fuck up literally everything.  They leave giant holes everywhere, they destroy the shit you're making, they're just terrible.

This, all of this. I don't want a mod that removes the creepers, I want a mod that makes them suffer and die.
And the noise they make, it's the moment you step on a rattlesnake and realize it's all over.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14732 on: June 05, 2015, 11:34:13 am »

This should make creepers a lot less annoying:
/gamerule mobGriefing false

They're just as deadly, but no longer screw up your constructions (kinda like when they explode in water).  I think endermen won't pick up blocks anymore either, and maybe ghast fireballs.  No idea about the Wither though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14733 on: June 05, 2015, 11:36:58 am »

Beat Raditz easily, then trained and trained and trained for the fight with Nappa and Vegeta. Got to the point where my power level was about 4000 after going super saiyan. Completely destroyed Nappa, got obliterated in record time by Vegeta.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14734 on: June 05, 2015, 03:42:08 pm »

I was just digging around and the game went "lol u get spiders gg"

Terraria.

Edit: Oops, explosives trap. Same game.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 03:48:59 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14735 on: June 05, 2015, 05:12:06 pm »

Trying to do a quest to get some pants for my dragon.

This is the only real way to read that sentence.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14736 on: June 05, 2015, 05:28:27 pm »

Trying to escape the harpy dungeon, I was running from a harpy when I got the message "Harpy just died" at the top of my screen. I looked all around the area and couldn't find the harpy's corpse, so I tried clipping my head through various surfaces to try and locate it. Somehow I clipped through the floor and fell through the void to the next solid surface, a good 30 feet down.

Daggerfall. TIME TO REROLL
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14737 on: June 05, 2015, 06:58:46 pm »

I threw the dagger, the only weapon I'm allowed to have, at a crypt to kill it.  I thought I was fancy, and I could easily outrun the harpy pursuing me.  A leprachan spawned on my dagger and the gold from the crypt, thus forcing me to miss a beat as I brushed up against it.

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #14738 on: June 05, 2015, 07:10:30 pm »

Some Cthulu-ish monster keeps summoning rays of light to murder me to death when I get it to half health.

Bloodborne, the "Ebrietas, daughter of the cosmos" boss.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14739 on: June 06, 2015, 01:22:06 pm »

Maria the Skullgirl, the final boss of the campaign of Skullgirls, is GODDAMNED INFURIATING. It's basically a bullet hell of projectile spams that whittle away your health. And god help you if you mess up a block or a jump, because the knockback will send you half a screen away while she pelts you with more projectiles, or the bitch decides to summon a shadow attack FROM BEHIND YOU. AAAAAAAAAARG.

I've lost track of how many times I've died to her in a row, but to give an idea, it took me maybe 10 minutes to beat the campaign up to her, and then I was stuck for 30 minutes on this ONE BOSS. With deaths taking anywhere from 1 minute to 3 minutes.

This is worse than fighting Peacock, the fighter that's made to spam projectiles.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14740 on: June 06, 2015, 01:51:11 pm »

This game is pretty ridiculous. If the enemy decides to hit you with an attack you're weak against, you're dead. Even if you're not weak to it, attacks deal so much damage that you can easily get one-rounded. I've had total-party kills in just two rounds of combat against regular mobs. And I haven't even gotten past the second floor yet.

Shin Megami Tensei IV. I'm slowly starting to get used to the combat system, but it's still brutal. Must have died nearly 10 times so far.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #14741 on: June 06, 2015, 01:53:46 pm »

This game is pretty ridiculous. If the enemy decides to hit you with an attack you're weak against, you're dead. Even if you're not weak to it, attacks deal so much damage that you can easily get one-rounded. I've had total-party kills in just two rounds of combat against regular mobs. And I haven't even gotten past the second floor yet.

Shin Megami Tensei IV. I'm slowly starting to get used to the combat system, but it's still brutal. Must have died nearly 10 times so far.

Dear god Shin Megami Tensei IV. Once you die twice you get the option for easy mode, if that helps. But yeah, if an enemy with an attack you're weak against decides to hit you, you're basically dead. Don't let enemies get first strike. Bosses always do, however ((F-ing Medusa...))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14742 on: June 06, 2015, 03:34:51 pm »

As soon as I left the city gates, battle music started and I could see a broken cart burning in the middle of the road, ox struggling to escape. Goblins were attacking it, and the guards defending it. We rushed to their aid, and after a short slaughter... A gryphon swooped down out of nowhere, grabbed the ox, and flew off as I was trying to mount the beast. It just flew off with the damn cow, into the rising sun. When I turned back around... All the caravan guards were dead, and there was even a goblin taunting me still. So much for helping. I've seen that gryphon only once since then, again swooping down to haul off a cow, refusing to engage me.

After that, I recovered a tome for a fellow, "Sallomets Grimoir" or something. When I got back to Gran Soren, I decided to save and find out what it does before handing it over. Figured I could just revert to the save afterward. Turns out, its a scroll of meteor shower, and I used it in the poorer district of the city, killing several people and landing myself in jail. Also, the grimoir was used up.

So then I found out that the game autosaved after sending me to jail, so I can't revert... I am now a murderer, and the damn quest won't go to a failed state or even acknowledge the tome doesn't exist anymore. The dude is still waiting for me to hand it over.

Dragons' Dogma: Dark Arisen
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14743 on: June 06, 2015, 04:48:06 pm »

I woke up from my tent only to be greeted by a dragon and a massive army of things called "drowners". I died a few times to the dragon but it wasn't too hard to defeat. The problem comes from the drowners, of which there was a massive horde waiting for me on the other side of the river. they seemed to be afraid of the water, despite having clearly fish-like traits (most likely due to bad AI), and so they couldn't reach me, but they blocked my road at the same time. As soon as I approached them they swarmed me from all sides, forcing me to retreat, at which point they'd run miles away. Their attacks were completely overpowered, killing me in two hits, and they had a healing spell to spam as soon as they were close to die. It took me a dozen tries to get rid of them.

FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14744 on: June 06, 2015, 05:54:07 pm »

That actually sounds like the usual drowner stuff in witcher, minus the healing. Though I was stormed by drowners underwater, I haven't actually seen one that went into water if it spawned on ground.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread
Pages: 1 ... 981 982 [983] 984 985 ... 1574