Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 973 974 [975] 976 977 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369840 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14610 on: May 21, 2015, 06:15:23 pm »

Ok, how am I supposed to defeat a dinosaur possessed by darkness, as a tailor, with a knife, wearing a maid outfit that is for some reason more protective than any of the armor I had?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What is that game like? I can't tell if it's trying to be Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon or what, and I can't decide whether to pick it up. How's the difficulty?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #14611 on: May 21, 2015, 06:21:20 pm »

Ok, how am I supposed to defeat a dinosaur possessed by darkness, as a tailor, with a knife, wearing a maid outfit that is for some reason more protective than any of the armor I had?

What is that game like? I can't tell if it's trying to be Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon or what, and I can't decide whether to pick it up. How's the difficulty?
The game is... interesting. I'm not really sure if it's like Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon because I haven't played though, but it basically takes the "Job" system up to 11. What the game is exactly like, depends on your job. The tailor job I had, was mostly centered around gathering or buying materials, and making progressively more expensive clothes. A friend's Mercenary job was about taking out hits on specific monsters in direct combat.

Difficulty wise, it's entirely possible to beat the main story as a non-combat class. Up until that point, I could take on all but the toughest enemies with just a knife. Admittedly, it involves a lot of dodging, but it is possible, and nothing stops you from taking multiple jobs to be able to do anything.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14612 on: May 21, 2015, 06:21:44 pm »

Clearly your in a anime. Maid-armour.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14613 on: May 21, 2015, 06:23:17 pm »

Clearly your in a anime. Maid-armour.
I take it as "the enemies are too overwhelmed by the audacity of wearing a maid outfit into combat that they don't strike with full force"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14614 on: May 21, 2015, 08:08:51 pm »

I'm pretty sure what you're supposed to do is
Spoiler: if it's a story fight (click to show/hide)

And if it's that legit actual shadow dinosaur, become a combat class because seriously, shadow dinosaurs don't mess around unless it's the story.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14615 on: May 21, 2015, 08:11:32 pm »

Sigtext!

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14616 on: May 21, 2015, 10:52:38 pm »

I'm struggling so much to bring my new habitation module to my moon colony. Most of the time I manage to reach the mun, but don't have enough fuel to land and end up crashing, but since recently when I tried using bigger engines the craft won't even orbit before reaching the last stage, which is supposed to be use for the landing phase. And also, both of my research stations have run out of data, so I can't rely on new tech for this mission. Tomorrow I'll try some of the weirder ideas that popped into my mind.

FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14617 on: May 22, 2015, 03:29:54 am »

Killed by a raven.

There's a bunch of weird deaths in this game which I don't mind. One dorf got knocked down by an army of zombies and had his head sliced off. Another died to an arrow to the knee. Dabbling Dodger dorfs getting their teeth knocked out by groundhogs.

But my most recent one had Great shield use and Adept Dodging. And really high Fighting skill. She was in leather armor. I grabbed ravens and got them to peck me. But one got lucky, clawing both lungs, one after the other. Then it pecked the dorf's guts, pancreas, stomach, to the point where I had to let it go. The poor dwarf struggled for air, before finally suffocating to death. :(
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

shroobot3000

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastinator Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14618 on: May 22, 2015, 07:06:46 am »

Killed by a raven.

There's a bunch of weird deaths in this game which I don't mind. One dorf got knocked down by an army of zombies and had his head sliced off. Another died to an arrow to the knee. Dabbling Dodger dorfs getting their teeth knocked out by groundhogs.

But my most recent one had Great shield use and Adept Dodging. And really high Fighting skill. She was in leather armor. I grabbed ravens and got them to peck me. But one got lucky, clawing both lungs, one after the other. Then it pecked the dorf's guts, pancreas, stomach, to the point where I had to let it go. The poor dwarf struggled for air, before finally suffocating to death. :(
Forgot the game name good sir

I know it's probably DF but still I needed an excuse for this
This is only the beginning. We will prepare, we will grow stronger. When the time is right, we will emerge and take our rightful place as the supreme power of the universe!
To be honest, the kids can barely survive step 1 of Project Traumatise-Children, let alone the "Skinny dipping in magma" Phase of the plan.

We need to perfect the main part of the childcare program before we start going all crazy.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14619 on: May 22, 2015, 11:11:38 am »

You know, I thought that one was Cataclysm for a second there.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14620 on: May 22, 2015, 01:56:55 pm »

You know, I thought that one was Cataclysm for a second there.

I thought the same before I opened the spoiler.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14621 on: May 22, 2015, 02:37:05 pm »

Black lives matter.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14622 on: May 22, 2015, 04:43:34 pm »

My stages failed to separate properly, and blew up the command pod.

When will I ever make orbit?!
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14623 on: May 22, 2015, 05:18:30 pm »

Rocket was supposed to test parachutes, but I added a science bay and a transmitter antenna just cuz.  Somehow that made the entire rocket tip over *on the launch pad*.  I panicked and launched, which actually worked, until the first stage ended.  The second stage (just another, smaller, booster) decided that what I *really* wanted was to point downwards.  Though that was happening even when my rocket was perfectly symmetrical, somehow.
Third stage actually managed to get the Kerbin into the upper atmosphere though!  I activated the parachute, completing the mission.  I was still grinning a few seconds later until the engine, weighted down by the heavy-ass science equipment, started glowing red hot from re-entry.  I forgot to pack a second parachute or keep enough fuel to cut my speed...  The parachute burnt up.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 05:20:15 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14624 on: May 22, 2015, 07:39:44 pm »

At this point I've pretty much given up on my mun colony project, at least until I get better, so instead I've decided to build a space station/colony. So I tried to expand it with a solar panels section, but since I had no idea how to make two things in orbit meet each other all I managed to do was to flail helplessly in space until I ran out of fuel and had to destroy it.

Pages: 1 ... 973 974 [975] 976 977 ... 1574