Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 951 952 [953] 954 955 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369313 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14280 on: April 06, 2015, 07:40:50 am »

I was there was a mod for bloodbowl that makes it use a d20 or d100 instead of the frankly insane and actually non-random d6 they use, which can apperently be manipulated.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14281 on: April 06, 2015, 04:40:18 pm »

Died many times over the last few hours of a game session. Most recent and notable death was when I got killed by Providence's teleporting sword swing that caught me on the ladder up to the medbay. I was so close to heals (and not dying), and yet so far.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14282 on: April 06, 2015, 08:29:29 pm »

Scene 11, Dead Ahead.  I was getting used to hard mode, almost blazing through the levels (Alex & Ash best character).  Then I get to the detective's assault on the wharf.

Flipping heck.  Took me just over an hour, and I don't know how many tries.  The first and last part have melee enemies charging you instantly as you enter, which is silly but not a real problem. 

The third part was the worst, I entered with a 3-shot shotgun in an area which is about to get visited by 2 dogs, and there's a heavy enemy (and two gunmen) right next door.  I can't punch the dogs, and I have no melee weapon.  If I shoot the dogs, the guards rush out and kill me.  Three shots isn't enough.  Every time I died in that section I had to kick open that door on one guy, but stay in the doorway so the other doesn't see me, kill the heavy with a direct shot, then backpedal around a corner as the other guards investigate.  (Certain guards are bizarrely deaf, there's no indication of this.  The third guard in the room is like this, though, so he chills - unless I take a step too far, then he murders me).  That was a rough section.

The second part wasn't so bad, but it was hilarious.  Other sections open with melee enemies on you, this one has you stroll into a large open area with two stationary gunners opening fire instantly.  AND there are four melee guys chasing you (there's no friendly fire either).  It's not nearly as tough as part three's opening, though, you just run straight out of the killzone and take care of your pursuers, then carefully make your way on.

Here's the fourth part, the final F U:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=420986438
Firing a weapon makes those enemies to the north swarm down.  You have to lure the two gunmen out of that middle room, by playing peekaboo as always, except the only usable cover is the door I'm behind.  Those alleys?  Just a trap or sick joke, they're too thin to hide you.  Just have to take cover behind the door, being super careful not to bump it or it'll behave as doors do (randomly).  Plus, there are few shotguns to scavenge, which is great because other weapons take a second or two to kill the heavies.  The four heavies which travel in pairs, and all four will charge when you shoot.

Somehow survive all that, and then veeeeery carefully clear the rest of the level (which, as always, has dudes with guns who see just as far as you do).  The gameplay is definitely the weakest point of this sequel, it's incredibly tedious and slow compared to the original.  No flow, more like a puzzle game.  Oh, and since it's hard mode, throwing or swapping a gun makes half the ammo disappear.  So no conserving ammo by throwing at the last enemy in a room.

But phew, I feel pretty good about beating that.  I also like that this chapter is called "Climax" when it's halfway through the game.

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

HawaiianJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Hawaiian Shirts are amazing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14283 on: April 06, 2015, 10:03:58 pm »

I decided to fight fists against a guy with a gun.
We died at the same time.

Bloodborne.

Then late I did the same thing against an entire town in adventure mode as a naked human

Obviously Dwarf Fortress.
Flaming Baby Catapult

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14284 on: April 07, 2015, 12:48:24 am »

@HM2Death: I beat Hotline Miami 2. I didn't care for it. :-\

As for my own, playing split-screen co-op Resident Evil Revelations 2, Episode 3, Claire/Moira section. I managed to get Moira:

A) Shot to death by turrets
B) Impaled on a false door
C) Slashed up by a spinning blade

Only three deaths we had that chapter, all me. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14285 on: April 07, 2015, 11:19:25 am »

This happened a couple days ago, but it was memorable enough to be worth sharing. I was playing a national guard in Cataclysm, and attempting to secure a perimeter for myself on the outskirts of a moderately sized city, with the intention of retaking it with my (future) NPC comrades. I found a block of houses that was empty of enemies with a decent amount of open space in the middle of them, and set to work with my entrenching tool, hammer, boards, and nails to fortify the area. I was almost done when something finally came to investigate the noise, a zombie brute. I knew I didn't stand a chance in melee, and it was coming in through the unfinished choke point, so I just started shooting at it with my Mosin.

It was dead, but more zombies were apparently not far behind it, and they started pouring into the hole in my defenses. The ditches slowed them down, and I had functionally infinite ammo, but I had wander spawns on so I knew there would be a lot of them. I thought with my good position I could take them on, but I could only kill them so quickly and they were starting to gain ground. In a desperate attempt to slow them down before they made it into the open center area I piled the wood in my bag that was going to be used on barricades in front of the empty space between houses they were coming through, then lit it on fire.

That was certainly enough to stop them, but the narrow space between two wooden houses is... not the best of places to put a bonfire. Continuing to shoot at the zombies may also have been unwise, but some of the tougher forms were making it through the fire and I still thought I could win. The whole situation was clearly fucked of course, but by the time I realized it I didn't really have any good avenue of escape. I tried to run out through one of the houses intending to smash through one of the boarded up windows/doors and make my escape to live a quiet life out in the wilderness, but even though the house I chose to run through wasn't on fire very much it was still very much on fire. The roof fell in and crushed my dumb ass while I was futilely hammering away at the inside of my own barricaded window.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 11:21:00 am by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14286 on: April 07, 2015, 02:44:45 pm »

Bandit shot me in the face when I tried to outsmart him with my pipe rifle.

I was having a pretty decent run, too.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14287 on: April 07, 2015, 05:22:49 pm »

I killed the thriller before killing the dancers. How was I to know what would happen?

Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14288 on: April 08, 2015, 07:36:34 am »

I killed the thriller before killing the dancers. How was I to know what would happen?

I... Wha...? I must take this up again.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14289 on: April 08, 2015, 05:54:35 pm »

Started a new game, the shelter happens to be somewhat near an anthill.

I break open a window for parts, and a soldier ant climbs in. I go up to fight it with my baton (I started as a security guard) and the starting NPC decides to help me. With a molotov. Multiple, in fact.

You didn't last long, [guy's name], but at least you went out in a blaze of betrayal.

Sorry, Cataclysm DDA
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 07:08:35 pm by Worldmaster27 »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14290 on: April 08, 2015, 05:55:58 pm »

WM
YOU HAVE SINNED
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14291 on: April 08, 2015, 06:11:50 pm »

I break open a window for parts, and a soldier ant climbs in. I go up to fight it with my baton (I started as a security guard) and the starting NPC decides to help me. With a molotov. Multiple, in fact.

You didn't last long, [guy's name], but at least you went out in a blaze of betrayal.

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14292 on: April 08, 2015, 06:22:55 pm »

Prediction: Cataclysm: DDA.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14293 on: April 08, 2015, 07:09:23 pm »

Prediction: Cataclysm: DDA.
Heheh, yeah. Sorry about that.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14294 on: April 08, 2015, 08:37:49 pm »

Sorry, Cataclysm DDA

Go team a!
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 951 952 [953] 954 955 ... 1574