Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 949 950 [951] 952 953 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369507 times)

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14250 on: March 31, 2015, 04:15:21 am »

I was exploring a dungeon trying to find a certain alchemy ingredient for a quest. After a long while of fighting bats and skeletal warriors, the usual stuff, I noticed I was running low on health, so I hid in a room to rest. I rested long enough to regain most of my health, but was eventually stopped because enemies were nearby. I figured it was nothing I couldn't handle, so I walked around the corner with my sword drawn and was immediately blown away by a blast of lightning. I died instantly.

Daggerfall

Huh, other people play Daggerfall. That is some pretty good news actually because everyone at my school makes fun of me for playing it, well that and ASCII games like Nethack.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14251 on: March 31, 2015, 05:11:54 am »

Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14252 on: March 31, 2015, 06:21:50 am »

Surely it would be "Team B". ???
Insects in Nethack are represented by a lowercase a. They're also major threats early on.

Ah, of course. I thought NetHack did the "a is for ant, b is for bee" thing but a killer bee is a yellow a.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14253 on: April 01, 2015, 01:05:18 am »

I forgot that the altimeter showed your altitude relative to sea level, not your actual distance from the ground beneath you. My ship exploded on impact because I hit the ground several kilometers before I expected it to be there.

Kerbal Space Program.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14254 on: April 01, 2015, 10:47:24 am »

DPS decides to pull Everything while I was out of TP (Technique points) that would have help'd me grab the aggro off him...
FFARR MMO...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14255 on: April 01, 2015, 11:27:48 pm »

Got overwhelmed by a gnoll pack.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14256 on: April 02, 2015, 12:26:08 am »

I forgot that the altimeter showed your altitude relative to sea level, not your actual distance from the ground beneath you. My ship exploded on impact because I hit the ground several kilometers before I expected it to be there.

Kerbal Space Program.

protip; the internal cockpit view has a radar altimeter that shows correct distance to ground :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14257 on: April 02, 2015, 12:57:25 am »

Bludgeoned unconscious by Nord's and taiga bandits repeatedly. It has not been going well.

Mount & Blade Warband
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14258 on: April 02, 2015, 11:14:17 am »

Trying to push an asteroid(class D) into Kerbin orbit. I attach, pointing towards Kerbin retrograde. Not even thrusting, my ship and the asteroid are both flailing about like someone who doesn't know how to use a nunchaku, or even what a nunchaku looks like.

Another attempt, I'm not even attached, and my ship is flailing about. During that, I noticed that the grabber was bent to the side.

In order to pass time to abuse the advantages of my Coprus, I start training my skills in Balmora's Mages' Guild. Every so often, I cast my Almalexia's Light once-a-day power to restore my attributes - keeping my Strength/Endurance gains. I get my skills up to a respectable level, I now have a ~50% chance to cast a standard Levitate spell and it only blows nearly all my Magicka. I even have a level-up ready, so I head to a nearby bed. Halfway between Ajira(who was training my Conjuration and Alchemy) and the bed, the game crashes.
 >:(
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14259 on: April 02, 2015, 04:54:53 pm »

A creeper blew up and knocked me slightly into the air. Like, two blocks.

The game said I hit the ground too hard and died. What the hell, game. There goes another world.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #14260 on: April 03, 2015, 10:55:40 am »

Managed to declare indepence from Denmark but the loans I took to pay mercenaries wrecked my economy. Denmark came back after a few years and I still hadn't managed to pay my loans...

[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14261 on: April 03, 2015, 11:27:12 am »

I forgot how hard the Plagas hit. I've upgraded my health at every opportunity, but one hit still takes a little more than half my health. And there's no room to dodge inside the cabin, and Luis always aims for the head, and I only have so many flash grenades...

Also, I just found out that the game crashes if you try to get on the lift when the lift isn't actually there.

Resident Evil 4.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 11:50:23 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14262 on: April 03, 2015, 12:56:23 pm »

A large pirate raid came to attack my base, which was dug into a mountain. When they get inside I fire a desperation doomsday rocket. *cue rooms with 600 degrees celsius, fires, 7 psychotic mental break soldiers, exploding batteries and turrets*

A single colonist survived, who had a wandering mental break and just walked past the carnage. He then promptly starved to death.

RimWorld

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14263 on: April 03, 2015, 01:09:59 pm »

My Eve lander was 2000 dV short of reaching orbit.

KSP.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Altivera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14264 on: April 03, 2015, 01:35:24 pm »

While on the mission We Will Endure I badly miscalculated how strong the enemy invasion from the rival island would be.

Tropico 5
Pages: 1 ... 949 950 [951] 952 953 ... 1574