Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 948 949 [950] 951 952 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369527 times)

blazing glory

Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14235 on: March 29, 2015, 09:50:35 pm »

Was making a trip to the arctic, everything was going fine, the craft was on course, deployed parachute, however then my craft hit a mountain, causing my parachute to detach, and my craft goes tumbling down the cliff, not even my landing gear could prevent the craft from falling to pieces.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
EDIT:
Crashed into the Mun.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 11:18:51 pm by blazing glory »

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14236 on: March 30, 2015, 12:29:12 am »

Was making a trip to the arctic, everything was going fine, the craft was on course, deployed parachute, however then my craft hit a mountain, causing my parachute to detach, and my craft goes tumbling down the cliff, not even my landing gear could prevent the craft from falling to pieces.

EDIT:
Crashed into the Mun.

Just so you know, lithobraking by use of the Mun is not a generally accepted way of dropping your orbital velocity. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14237 on: March 30, 2015, 01:22:04 am »

I attack the throne, with a neat little magical trick.  Five earth/astral mages use their astral magic to form a communion, boosting one of them up to earth 3, allowing him to cast Curse of Stones.  This spell causes all enemies to become greatly encumbered.  Hopefully this results in them falling unconscious halfway through the fight.

More to the point, its a global battlefield spell coming around the year 1 mark.  Pretty powerful.  So of course, the independents at the throne somehow have a wizard with a natural fire 4 path.  He proceeds to cast Flaming Arrows, a spell human players base entire armies around, turning their mass of crappy slingers into a deadly force.  Then he produces two fire elementals.  These are ethereal, meaning my troop's physical attacks have a 75% chance of doing nothing, and they also retaliate with 12 armor piercing fire damage.  For reference, humans have 10 health.  My frontline breaks entirely against the fire elementals and then retreats under a withering hail of burning sling bullets.  In the end there are over 60% losses including four of the mages (I think the fatigue of the communion knocked them unconscious).

Adding insult to injury, the next turn the Abyssinians use their innate heat resistance to effortlessly swoop in and size the throne.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14238 on: March 30, 2015, 03:13:52 am »

Updated the game after about half a year. Prepping for, and fighting, my first mission, I learned the following the hard way:

• Giving someone armor renders them incapable of using weapons, since equipping more than half of their maximum weight causes severe TU penalties.
  • Getting shot can cause bleeding wounds, even with plasma which should technically cauterize the damage area.
  • Medkits don't do jack shit anymore. At all.
  • Aliens have enough TUs to cross most of the map, take several accurate bursts of fire at my team, and have enough left over for a couple of accurate reaction shots.
  • Meanwhile, even without the weight penalties, I can barely move a few steps and have anything left for a single snap-shot(forget aimed fire or reaction shots).

Smoke grenades are incredibly powerful, bring them, use them, love them. Throw smoke grenade - move everyone into smoke, move one guy out to spot, shoot aliens from inside the smoke. After aliens are dead, throw another grenade further up.... repeat till victory. Don't ever end your turn outside a smoke cloud, or fire at an alien when your guy is not in a smoke cloud, or you're dead.

Normally I don't like to suggest using OP cheese things like that, but the game is brutally unfair (and not in a fun way) due to the way reaction fire works, I honestly don't think the game is winnable (at least not reasonably) without using smoke grenades like that.

The weight penalty is not so bad once your guys survive a few missions and get some strength.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14239 on: March 30, 2015, 06:53:31 am »

Meh, I loaded a save from the older version, that had been paused after destroying an alien base(the canmpaign ended there, hence updating). After a few auto-missions, I saw most of my troops had reached Colonel rank and their stats hit 100 across the board. They get 100% to-hits from across the map with full-auto(and still miss with an aimed sniper shot, ffs). Now I've got EP rounds for the Assault Rifle.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14240 on: March 30, 2015, 10:07:47 am »

I was exploring a dungeon trying to find a certain alchemy ingredient for a quest. After a long while of fighting bats and skeletal warriors, the usual stuff, I noticed I was running low on health, so I hid in a room to rest. I rested long enough to regain most of my health, but was eventually stopped because enemies were nearby. I figured it was nothing I couldn't handle, so I walked around the corner with my sword drawn and was immediately blown away by a blast of lightning. I died instantly.

Daggerfall

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14241 on: March 30, 2015, 04:32:59 pm »

As far as I'm concerned, Naboo is hell. Its the one map I can't consistently win, no matter what advantages I have.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14242 on: March 30, 2015, 05:02:06 pm »

The campaign mission for Hoth is impossible. The map is ridiculously huge, and the AI can't drive for shit so you're going to be the one piloting the big slow walkers unless you'd like them turned around and heading off the battlefield, which the AI will happily provide. I got to the final objective once, and was literally ten steps away from it when I lost because I ran out of time.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14243 on: March 30, 2015, 05:44:16 pm »

No way. The difficult mission is that goddamn asteroid base, whatever it's called.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14244 on: March 30, 2015, 06:06:15 pm »

Spawned an isolated start.  Build enough warriors to fogbust and keep everyone at home happier.  GL + BC get.

Spawn horde of spearmen.  Next to my only strategic resource.  On my island.

CIV
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14245 on: March 30, 2015, 10:58:00 pm »

I was exploring a dungeon trying to find a certain alchemy ingredient for a quest. After a long while of fighting bats and skeletal warriors, the usual stuff, I noticed I was running low on health, so I hid in a room to rest. I rested long enough to regain most of my health, but was eventually stopped because enemies were nearby. I figured it was nothing I couldn't handle, so I walked around the corner with my sword drawn and was immediately blown away by a blast of lightning. I died instantly.

Daggerfall

Funny, my last death in daggerfall was also while I was searching for an alchemy ingredients for a quest, a mummy's bandages to be more precise. For some reason the whole place is filled with bards.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14246 on: March 31, 2015, 01:28:40 am »

Daggerfall

Funny, my last death in daggerfall was also while I was searching for an alchemy ingredients for a quest, a mummy's bandages to be more precise. For some reason the whole place is filled with bards.

I will sing of the greatest hero in the land!  And I will do it by killing all heroes greater than the one I currently sing about!
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14247 on: March 31, 2015, 02:09:01 am »

Suddenly
Killer bees

NetHack
thincake

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14248 on: March 31, 2015, 02:48:33 am »

Suddenly
Killer bees

NetHack
Go team a!
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14249 on: March 31, 2015, 04:06:01 am »

Suddenly
Killer bees

NetHack
Go team a!

Surely it would be "Team B". ???

Though, good thing it wasn't "Team GWAWOD".
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 948 949 [950] 951 952 ... 1574