Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 947 948 [949] 950 951 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369628 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14220 on: March 27, 2015, 09:38:13 am »

I didn't die, but I managed to get permanently banished from Daggerfall within less than one day of staying there because I attempted to rest too close to the city, which is close enough to a death. Aside from this little incident, I love this game so far.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14221 on: March 27, 2015, 10:36:10 am »

I didn't die, but I managed to get permanently banished from Daggerfall within less than one day of staying there because I attempted to rest too close to the city, which is close enough to a death. Aside from this little incident, I love this game so far.

I should try to get that game to work again, last time I wasn't able to make it run. Anyways my last death was a stupid one. After successfully landing on the slope of a mountain and doing all the science stuff I had to do, I decided to try to climb the mountain on foot. I reached halfway before getting stuck, so I tried to jump but started falling instead. I was apparently rolling fast enough on the side of the mountain to die from fall damage.

Edit: managed to play daggerfall :D I'm still figuring the controls and just realized that the game doesn't save automatically after character creation, which means I have to start the character creation process all over again.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 03:13:43 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14222 on: March 27, 2015, 03:09:12 pm »

Spawn near Cherno in broad daylight, take a hike to construction site in eastside, see another player, wave, pulls a baseball bat at you, RUNAWAY, get chased by s*load of zeds, grab remington and ammo from crashed C130, get smacked a bit, bleed, run to the 3-story flats, bandage, repeat with hospital, almost die due hungry, find backpack and three cans of food, flee from zeds to hotel lobby, grab M1911, flee from lots of zeds, corner yourself to a building with one exit, kill zeds and attract more, kill all zeds, loot corpses, server reset.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14223 on: March 27, 2015, 09:02:24 pm »

Dug into a pool of lava in the nether while searching for a nether fortress and caught on fire. Burned to death. There goes another world. Ugggggggggggh.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14224 on: March 27, 2015, 10:05:07 pm »

That skeleton in the starting dungeon is overpowered. I died more than 10 time to him.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14225 on: March 28, 2015, 08:57:11 am »

That skeleton in the starting dungeon is overpowered. I died more than 10 time to him.

Don't you have to use blunt weapons or magic to even damage them in Daggerfall?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14226 on: March 28, 2015, 10:58:32 am »

I killed it with a sword, so I know it's possible to damage them with blades. Changing the controls can make fighting more pleasant, because the default controls kind of suck. Hard to move and attack with the mouse at the same time.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14227 on: March 28, 2015, 11:02:14 am »

Playing Mage against a Priest who refuses to die. I have lethal, but I know I won't be able to use it because he'll heal himself. Then, he plays a 5/5, divine spirit, inner fire, woo, 10/10. Yay. I have 5 cards left in my deck, and I know one is a polymorph, and one is a fireball. If I can just draw that....nope. I go on fighting, and after 3 turns, kill that 10.10 with 1 health. Next turn, he doesn't play any minions, and I attack with what I have left on the board. I draw a polymorph, deck's run out. I die right afterwards due to fatigue.

A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14228 on: March 28, 2015, 11:12:28 am »

No to both. Skeletons have no material requirement, and I have no idea if blunt weapons are better. There is at least one Imp, near the exit - that has Silver as a material requirement.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #14229 on: March 28, 2015, 12:14:15 pm »

Those bastards ran away when things looked bleak. I almost held them off, but there were too many.

To add insult to injury, it's been 28 days.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14230 on: March 28, 2015, 01:27:14 pm »

The martial didn't invite me on the campaign for some reason, but I went anyway.  As the main war party wasted days on a town-siege only to abandon it, I took two castles.  The horse-men aren't so tough when cornered inside their walls...  Well, actually *these* horsemen have a lot of strong infantry, but I was using huge numbers of viking infantry (from captured lands awarded to me) and tundra archers from the homelands.

Good King Yaroglek awarded me the second castle, and I figured...  Why not?  Last I saw, the Sarranids were too busy hiding from our (ADD) main war party to mount a real counterattack.  They'd even tried once, only to get 4 of their lords captured.

So yeah, of course 300 men sieged the castle as soon as I accepted it.  Outnumbered 10-1, and mysteriously no sign of the friendly war party, we decided to make them pay for every inch.

I personally got 90 kills before they surrounded me, and in the confusion I slipped off the wall.  Normally I'd just be captured, but I fell between the wall and a building, stuck in a "falling" state forever.  Nearly dead, but the enemy couldn't finish me off, and I couldn't retreat with them nearby.

There's a kill-self command just for this, except you have to enable cheats first.  Which requires restarting the program.

FINE I'll just load my save from just before the battle and NOT accept the doomed castle I guess  :P  I WAS going to accept the loss but noooo.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14231 on: March 29, 2015, 03:27:28 am »

stealth were-tortoises oh gosh

Dwarf Fortress
thincake

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14232 on: March 29, 2015, 10:37:52 am »

Updated the game after about half a year. Prepping for, and fighting, my first mission, I learned the following the hard way:

• Giving someone armor renders them incapable of using weapons, since equipping more than half of their maximum weight causes severe TU penalties.
  • Getting shot can cause bleeding wounds, even with plasma which should technically cauterize the damage area.
  • Medkits don't do jack shit anymore. At all.
  • Aliens have enough TUs to cross most of the map, take several accurate bursts of fire at my team, and have enough left over for a couple of accurate reaction shots.
  • Meanwhile, even without the weight penalties, I can barely move a few steps and have anything left for a single snap-shot(forget aimed fire or reaction shots).

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14233 on: March 29, 2015, 12:10:06 pm »

I find that it helps to specialize people. Heavier weapons don't need anything than their gun, ammo, and armor; people with lighter guns or high strength stats should be the ones to carry medkits and other support items. Also, always use reaction fire and cover - if you can use reaction fire from short range (like waiting around a corner), you can use snap shots rather than aimed ones.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14234 on: March 29, 2015, 04:59:08 pm »

I killed it with a sword, so I know it's possible to damage them with blades. Changing the controls can make fighting more pleasant, because the default controls kind of suck. Hard to move and attack with the mouse at the same time.

I made a new character with blunt weapons as a major skills and managed to kill it. I also changed my controls after the first rat so that's not a problem for me. My most recent death was from a dreugh while I was desperately trying to find air.
Pages: 1 ... 947 948 [949] 950 951 ... 1574