Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 944 945 [946] 947 948 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369748 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14175 on: March 21, 2015, 12:15:43 pm »

Zombie.
Zombie.
Zombie on fire.
Skeleton.
Zombie.
Angry Zombie.
Hungry Zombie.
Cave Spider.
Spider on fire.
Creeper.
Lightning Creeper.
Fell off a cliff.
Ancient Enderman.
Zombie.
Spider.
Hungry Zombie.
Zombie with a goddamn fishing rod.
Creeper.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14176 on: March 22, 2015, 11:19:56 am »

Got called to crusade. Never having crusaded before, I sent the entire chapter. When my fleet finally came back, I was informed that around 850 Astartes(around 80-85% of the chapter) died in the Emperor's holy service. That number includes my entire Reclusium, all but 4 Techmarines(the head Techmarine did not survive), most of the Librarians, most of the command staff, hell, most of everyone. And I thought things got bad when my first death was just losing a single Lexicanum to the Perils of the Warp - a Greater Daemon exploded from his chest(got two new Dreadnoughts out of that, though).

The upshot, I suppose, was that the blessed Apothecaries, the ones that were left anyhow, managed to recover 1750 Geneseed, which I was really hurting for(mostly due to tithes for the Mechanicus). Now I'm bleeding Requisition to rebuild.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14177 on: March 23, 2015, 02:46:42 am »

Started a Mount&Blade:Warband character with the express intent to be a mercenary company that becomes a kingdom after ages of piracy and workshops in the cities important for me. Roll up a noble-woman with the Nords. 3 days in I am taken captive by sea raiders. They are all soldiers and I'm running fking peasants without numeric superiority. Eventually I escape rebuild my small peasant force in a day and taken by a different set of sea raiders!

I blew up that universe.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14178 on: March 23, 2015, 01:59:31 pm »

Was playing Skyrim with the rabbit hole mod. Came into a room and got instantly zerg rushed by a horde of werwolves.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14179 on: March 23, 2015, 09:27:23 pm »

Started a Mount&Blade:Warband character with the express intent to be a mercenary company that becomes a kingdom after ages of piracy and workshops in the cities important for me. Roll up a noble-woman with the Nords. 3 days in I am taken captive by sea raiders. They are all soldiers and I'm running fking peasants without numeric superiority. Eventually I escape rebuild my small peasant force in a day and taken by a different set of sea raiders!

I blew up that universe.

It'll only get worse late game once roving hordes of sea raiders lurk around Rivacheg who can quite literally trash most smaller lord armies. It's best to just be fast and run from sea raider parties, then solo the smaller parties or tackle them later on once you become established as their loot is well worth the fight.  :P

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14180 on: March 23, 2015, 09:56:54 pm »

Yeah, running around in Nords territory is a very bad idea for leveleling up troops.  For loot?  Best place.  Otherwise, best to stay out.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14181 on: March 24, 2015, 03:11:46 am »

Let's stare into the mirror of violent death. What could possibly go wrong?

I was messing around and trying to see Chell's face through a portal when I somehow ended up closing the portals with myself still inside them.

Portal.
I wasn't aware that is fatal.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14182 on: March 24, 2015, 03:14:44 am »

It certainly isn't in Portal 1.  Not sure about Portal 2, but I suspect not...  Based on the wording I suspect that something else killed them, like an energy ball, which I think closes all active portals.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14183 on: March 24, 2015, 03:15:51 am »

I was messing around and trying to see Chell's face through a portal when I somehow ended up closing the portals with myself still inside them.

Portal.
I wasn't aware you could kill yourself with...only portals ._.

Also you can see her face through a portal if you do it at a room corner. Shoot two portals adjacent to each other with the corner separating it--I like the tiny bit the devs added in, where Chell -will- look towards the portal your mouse cursor is more leaning towards. :3

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14184 on: March 24, 2015, 07:48:08 am »

The battle against Akron was going well. Then he summoned a Cosmic Rune - the strongest non-boss in the game, and stronger than all but the final two bosses. I didn't know he could that. It's attck killed all but Natz from full health, and she was hurt bad enough to fall to the tentacle-thing.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14185 on: March 24, 2015, 07:52:48 am »

I was in the Neutral Zone trying to accomplish a PvP mission and finally interact with some other players. A Bird of Prey with awesome equipment that I wouldn't even know how to buy arrived and destroyed me twice in less than a minute.

Star Trek Online.

Portal.

Also you can see her face through a portal if you do it at a room corner. Shoot two portals adjacent to each other with the corner separating it--I like the tiny bit the devs added in, where Chell -will- look towards the portal your mouse cursor is more leaning towards. :3

It was the area where you have to crouch and stand through a portal to reach the other side of some obstacle. Half of my body was on one side and half on the other when I accidentally clicked, closing the portal that I was partway through.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14186 on: March 24, 2015, 07:54:47 am »

Let's stare into the mirror of violent death. What could possibly go wrong?

I am desperadly trying to convice my D&D group to do a fallen london/sunless sea RPG, since none of them know it and half the stories are already perfect for it anyway.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14187 on: March 24, 2015, 12:55:08 pm »

Portal.

It was the area where you have to crouch and stand through a portal to reach the other side of some obstacle. Half of my body was on one side and half on the other when I accidentally clicked, closing the portal that I was partway through.

This is exactly why the portal gun needs a safety trigger.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14188 on: March 24, 2015, 01:01:55 pm »

That is literally the only situation in the entire game where you can get bifurcated with a portal. And you managed to die there.
Gg itis. G fucking g.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14189 on: March 24, 2015, 01:58:43 pm »

Yeah, anywhere else and it'll just shove you out of one side or another.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 944 945 [946] 947 948 ... 1574