Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 943 944 [945] 946 947 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369967 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14160 on: March 20, 2015, 02:46:45 am »

I once made a drydock, way back when pistons were first added to the official game. That didn't last very long, as I discovered that boats have a tendency to just pop out of existence when breathed on too hard.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14161 on: March 20, 2015, 03:33:47 am »

So, basically this?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14162 on: March 20, 2015, 07:48:10 am »

After clearing an AAA position, despite losing a chopper that was still 2 minutes away(given the speed of a helicopter, that's quite a distance), I am sent to the last enemy position, a naval base over 2km away. I assume I was supposed to be flown there in one of the choppers, but it didn't explicit tell me to, and when I got in, I accidentally took over the crew positions, causing them to bug out.

Deciding to go on foot - getting half a click before seeing my transport take off and fly away - resistance was somewhat light. I take out two or three MG nests, and get surprised by an APC. Despite taking a 30mm round to the chest, I hit it with my last AT rocket, blowing it up. I make my way into the base, round a corner, and suddenly a tank.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14163 on: March 20, 2015, 10:09:32 am »

I spawned in the shelter and had a look downstairs. A zombie brute was there, waiting for me. I made it a couple steps out of the shelter before dying.

C:DDA

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14164 on: March 20, 2015, 11:24:51 am »

Killed a dragon only to be crushed to death by it's corpse.

Skyrim. I have the dead body collision fix mod.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #14165 on: March 20, 2015, 01:46:28 pm »

Contra.

WITH the Konami Code.

Bloody hell.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14166 on: March 20, 2015, 10:23:14 pm »

That one level in Portal where...you've to portal jump yourself using falling momentum to get above a glass-barrier with..another barrier which stops the portal gun from firing in the next room.

I have no idea how to get the angle and timing right, or on why there's even a side room with...some kind of connection to the main room and-...
D:
I 'died' by not figuring out the puzzle.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14167 on: March 20, 2015, 10:26:27 pm »

That one level in Portal where...you've to portal jump yourself using falling momentum to get above a glass-barrier with..another barrier which stops the portal gun from firing in the next room.

I have no idea how to get the angle and timing right, or on why there's even a side room with...some kind of connection to the main room and-...
D:
I 'died' by not figuring out the puzzle.

Spoiler: Solution (click to show/hide)
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14168 on: March 20, 2015, 10:27:59 pm »

Spoiler: Solution (click to show/hide)
@_@
.___.
I did not think of that. Thanks.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14169 on: March 20, 2015, 10:41:53 pm »

Man, I remember being stuck at that stupid puzzle, too.

I didn't beat it, though, and it was at my parents' place so I can't play it again.  :-\
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14170 on: March 20, 2015, 11:50:16 pm »

I remember eventually working out the crouch and spacing to do it without the side room.  Probably for the challenge mode, though maybe it was just so close I had to see if it was possible...  Took a lot of tries though, it's pretty arbitrary.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14171 on: March 21, 2015, 03:11:46 am »

Portal's puzzles kinda seem trite after you have to deal with user-created challenge maps in Portal 2.

scrubs
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14172 on: March 21, 2015, 05:01:01 am »

I was messing around and trying to see Chell's face through a portal when I somehow ended up closing the portals with myself still inside them.

Portal.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14173 on: March 21, 2015, 05:25:12 am »

Lost all my Pokemans to my rival in Azalea town. Pokemon Gold.
thincake

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14174 on: March 21, 2015, 11:22:28 am »

I'm pretty sure the alien AI is coded to open the interior doors of UFOs on the turn after you stack up on them... Two alien NCs and a guard opened one of the center doors of the medium scout I was breaching. Since the shotgunner with Jackal armor died earlier in the mission and the shield had her piece melted down, two of the three breachers on that side were easy pickings for plasma pistols and rifles. The next turn we cleaned house. All three Xenonauts hit that mission came back in body bags.

Pages: 1 ... 943 944 [945] 946 947 ... 1574