Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 939 940 [941] 942 943 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370285 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14100 on: March 12, 2015, 11:19:46 am »

Started up the game for the first time on a new computer after installing a few things like FAR.  I throw together a plane in sandbox in about 5 minutes to get my feet wet.  Nothing fancy, just a test.

It takes off and the game is beautiful. So nice to have the game running at full frames and not constantly at yellow simulation level.  The plane gets up to 10000 altitude and I consider it a success. 

Yep, still got it, didn't even plan it, just threw a bunch of parts together and she flies juuust fine.  Still the aeronautical master.

Then when I decide to try to turn back around to go back to KSP I find a massive mistake.  I have neglected to place any kind of yaw control whatsoever.  Not even a tail fin.  It's some kind of minor miracle I got as far as I did.  The moment I tried to turn the plane slowly drifted into a flat spin, and I had absolutely no way to counter the motion.

Nope...I don't still got it.

KSP
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 11:23:12 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #14101 on: March 12, 2015, 11:45:48 am »

Started up the game for the first time on a new computer after installing a few things like FAR.  I throw together a plane in sandbox in about 5 minutes to get my feet wet.  Nothing fancy, just a test.

It takes off and the game is beautiful. So nice to have the game running at full frames and not constantly at yellow simulation level.  The plane gets up to 10000 altitude and I consider it a success. 

Yep, still got it, didn't even plan it, just threw a bunch of parts together and she flies juuust fine.  Still the aeronautical master.

Then when I decide to try to turn back around to go back to KSP I find a massive mistake.  I have neglected to place any kind of yaw control whatsoever.  Not even a tail fin.  It's some kind of minor miracle I got as far as I did.  The moment I tried to turn the plane slowly drifted into a flat spin, and I had absolutely no way to counter the motion.

Nope...I don't still got it.

KSP

Could you not have rolled to one side and pitched upwards? Seems to be a pretty decent replacement for yaw controls when I play.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14102 on: March 12, 2015, 11:47:48 am »

Woke up in a shelter directly adjacent to a power station. I managed to kill the zombie technicians, but couldn't find any more to drink that a single bottle of water. But that and some meat from wild animals lasted me through the first night. The next day, after sleeping uncomfortably on a bench, I went to the closest houses, an appartment complex. I could lure some zombies away, and kill them, but a giant bee managed to poison me. While something was tearing apart the suburban houses further to the south, a mi-go came around a corner of the appartement building. I couldn't outrun him, and my forked spear proved to be no match for him.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14103 on: March 12, 2015, 05:53:45 pm »

Raiding a gun store.

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #14104 on: March 12, 2015, 07:03:39 pm »

Not checking jump paths- FTL

7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14105 on: March 12, 2015, 07:24:22 pm »

Hitler was killed by a giant wasp on the way back to his shelter.

FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14106 on: March 12, 2015, 08:19:33 pm »

Not checking jump paths- FTL

Yeah, that's claimed my life more then a few times. Although I HAVE successfully fought/evaded my way through half a sector of Rebel controlled systems once or twice. Its awesome when you DO escape though.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14107 on: March 13, 2015, 02:29:21 am »

Prior to the expansion adding the ASB I once farmed an entire sector of rebel ships for the score.

Then I decided never to do it again because that's boring as hell.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14108 on: March 13, 2015, 12:04:59 pm »

Starved to death, twice, unsurprisingly.

FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14109 on: March 13, 2015, 02:14:02 pm »

EU IV again.

Apparently the game's AE is the exact opposite of what the devs said it was. I vassalised the papal states as Tuscany and got 80 (yes, eight zero) aggressive expansion. Smaller nations are SUPPOSED to get less than larger, but larger get almost nothing.
Actually, that's because a recent patch made it so that taking the papal states in any way causes massive penalties, unless you are Italy.

EDIT: Not saying I like the change, in case anyone reads it that way, just what I think is what happened there.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 02:18:01 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #14110 on: March 13, 2015, 05:27:40 pm »

That's hardly realistic. Philip II had the Pope as his pet, and all that did was make him essentially unstoppable.

There was no backlash for it, afaik, only benefits.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14111 on: March 14, 2015, 02:51:31 am »

Wolf3D's first episode has a dickish habit of placing enemies immediately behind a door and to the side, where you can't see them without first entering the room. Enemies do higher damage at close range. On medium difficulty, the weakest enemies frequently hit you for 40% damage or greater when they're directly adjacent to you (ie when you've just stepped in a room and there was one hiding behind the door). It's not uncommon to be one- or two-shotted starting on map five. The last one had me quit in disgust because I was literally about to hit the exit switch when I died.

Wolfenstein 3D.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14112 on: March 15, 2015, 12:26:23 am »

Got instantly shredded by several Xenon fighters before I could react upon the conclusion of a horribly lengthy tailing mission.

X3: Terran Conflict
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14113 on: March 15, 2015, 01:08:31 am »

Yah, that happens a lot in TC.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #14114 on: March 15, 2015, 07:52:35 am »

Got instantly shredded by several Xenon fighters before I could react upon the conclusion of a horribly lengthy tailing mission.

X3: Terran Conflict

Is this the "Scan Pirate base" mission?
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.
Pages: 1 ... 939 940 [941] 942 943 ... 1575