Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 929 930 [931] 932 933 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369771 times)

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13950 on: February 12, 2015, 07:10:20 pm »

Rolled a 1 against a Beholder's Disintegrate.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13951 on: February 12, 2015, 10:47:26 pm »

Fucking V-tech.
Vault-tech I presume?  Kinda interested.

Latest death was in Fallout: New Vegas.  The... final boss of the Lonesome Road DLC.
It was like facing myself, complete with a ridiculous stash of drugs.  Add to that, I was using a mod with a ridiculous trait which prevents AP regeneration unless I'm at super low health... Which *APPARENTLY* disabled Jet entirely.  I became addicted to Jet, then accidentally backed off a ledge.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Professor Lemur

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as your glasses, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13952 on: February 13, 2015, 07:41:37 am »

Vault Technologists, yeah. What they lack in territory, they make up for by being trigger happy bucketheads who are happy gunning down even unarmed players.

Also why would you prevent AP regen? Just what was the benefit of that trait?
You can lead a horse to water, you can leave your horse behind.
'Cause your horse don't dance and if he don't dance, then he's no horse of mine.
ASK ME ABOUT MY OBSCURELY LARGE MEKHQ ARMY

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13953 on: February 14, 2015, 02:46:51 am »

The full trait description:
Near Death Experience (Passive) (ID: D2EE12)
-> Your action points only regenerate when you have less than 30% health. When your health is below 20%, VATS costs 50% less action points. Finally, when your health is below 10%, each kill will restore all of your action points.

I didn't exactly remember the rules, but it hardly matters...  Being at less than 30% health in actual combat for any length of time is nigh suicidal.  Particularly for my high-int low-endurance light armor character.  Her strategy relied on sniping, sneaking, or at worst taking cover between bursts from the Hyperbreeder Alpha.  Which was... not optimal for this fight.

Spoilers on the boss fight mechanics:

So it was frustratingly tough, but I did like the uniqueness of it.  Compared to, say, the "boss" at the end of Fallout 3 who dies just as easily as any other humanoid.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13954 on: February 14, 2015, 11:49:14 am »

Depending on your team, Ground, Dark, or Ghost also work.  Gen 6 removed Steel's resistances to the latter two, so Metagross is now weak to them.

Even with that, Metagross is still nasty-tough, though, especially in its mega mode.

Negative, Omicron uses Gen V rules, except for Fairy-types - my Aegislash has Night Slash and it practically bounces off. Even then, none of the retconned Fairy-types(like Clefairy) are their proper type except Mawile and even then only when Mega-Evolved. ...That one gave me problems with PK-096, whose team is Metagross, Bronzong, and Mawile. I've yet to see a Mega-Metagross, and I don't think it's in the game.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13955 on: February 14, 2015, 07:15:25 pm »

Yep! It's one of six: Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross [as mentione], Garchomp, Hydreigon, and Goodra. Gen III is the only gen with 2 of them.

You can have optimal type coverage and make half your team out of psuedo-legendaries using Tyranitar/Metagross/[Dragon-Type]. Some legendaries are actually considered worse than psuedos.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13956 on: February 14, 2015, 07:56:32 pm »

So i just got the M3 lee, the tank i hate the most in world of tank, anyway i take her out for a spin, place mysef and an enemy goes in my fight, fire once, both my cannon fire up at the same time, first time using a tank with dual cannon, no idea what i am doing, needless to say with the size of the main gun,  the first one didnt last long.

Then a topside artillery shojt straight in my turret killing all crew inside.... Come back in my stuart, go on full speed shooting left and right and making myself a nice juicy target so other tank behind me get free shots on the ennemy, hard to hit a stuart on evasive movement. Well thats what i tough, untill a lucky shot blew one of my track. Sitting duck in the middle of the fray? Guess what, kaboum.

Come back in another tank, do the same thing, start a hard right turn after seeing a medium tank in a snarrow street in front of me. Smack it straight in the wall corner exposing my left side to him... blowing up my track again du to the force of impact. Tried to pierce him with my cannon but merdium tank with small caliber cannon? eh....

« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 08:49:47 pm by jocan2003 »
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #13957 on: February 14, 2015, 10:14:04 pm »

Not a death per-se, but a failure that can't be corrected without restarting.

There was a mission early on where some big dude in big armor was like "oh I hope nobody notices me."  He wasn't an enemy so I just kinda ignored him and beat up everyone else.
A few chapters later, chapter 7 I think where Sully is like level 18 or so and everyone else varies from 2(Donnel) to 11(Me) and my friend told me that I should change it up so everyone gets levels, and that I should use a certain character who is really good(I forget the name), which I didn't recognize.  I asked him who he was and he said "That dude in huge armor who you get early on.  You did talk to him, right?"

WELL DAMN.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 10:20:11 pm by Cthulufaic »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13958 on: February 14, 2015, 10:20:10 pm »

Not a death per-se, but a failure that can't be corrected without restarting.

There was a mission early on where some big dude in big armor was like "oh I hope nobody notices me."  He wasn't an enemy so I just kinda ignored him and beat up everyone else.
A few chapters later, chapter 7 I think where Sully is like level 18 or so and everyone else varies from 2(Donnel) to 11(Me) and my friend told me that I should change it up so everyone gets levels, and that I should use a certain character who is really good(I forget the name), which I didn't recognize.  I asked him who he was and he said "That dude in huge armor who you get early on."

WELL DAMN.

He's pretty good, yeah. In mine he died at the end of the game, and I just went "oh well" because everyone else had found their S supports :P

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13959 on: February 14, 2015, 11:00:49 pm »

Ran out of fuel, tried to take on a pirate in hopes of getting more supplies/fuel that way.  Ended up dying.  That was a good run too :(

Sunless Sea.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13960 on: February 14, 2015, 11:38:54 pm »

Is it your first time playing a Fire Emblem game? Because a character with a unique portrait going 'I hope no one bugs me' is a pretty damn obvious sign that you should bug the heck out of them so that they can join your party. Generally. I'm sure that it doesn't work in all cases, either because said character was obviously telegraphed as an enemy, or because the game designers were feeling like dicks at the time.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13961 on: February 14, 2015, 11:57:15 pm »

As a general rule of thumb, any enemy that a) has a unique portrait/name, and b) isn't a boss can be recruited.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13962 on: February 15, 2015, 01:32:59 am »

Is it your first time playing a Fire Emblem game? Because a character with a unique portrait going 'I hope no one bugs me' is a pretty damn obvious sign that you should bug the heck out of them so that they can join your party. Generally. I'm sure that it doesn't work in all cases, either because said character was obviously telegraphed as an enemy, or because the game designers were feeling like dicks at the time.

Yeah, I messed up with Libra and Tharja on my first playthrough because I thought they were just "side shows" or something. Didn't know that both were recruitable - Libra crit Tharja, then died to a basic enemy.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #13963 on: February 15, 2015, 05:58:51 am »

Just got to the 4 primal fire and crap myself after seeing IT.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13964 on: February 15, 2015, 06:01:49 am »

Just got to the 4 primal fire and crap myself after seeing IT.

Wait, Pennywise?
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"
Pages: 1 ... 929 930 [931] 932 933 ... 1574