Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 928 929 [930] 931 932 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369796 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13935 on: February 11, 2015, 11:51:30 pm »

i'm gettin real fuckin sick of how luck works in this game. Just had a game where five jumps into the first sector an autoscout with an improved laser I and a halberd drone hacked my shields in the pre-battle random event. The first thing the halberd targetted were my weapons. It proceeded to completely dismantle my poor Osprey in about thirty seconds. From full health. FML

This isn't counting all the times i've been fucked because the last sector before the last stand actually had no stores, and I lost both my marines to random chance (three systems went out at the same time on their ship, killing both my marines). I had to go up against the flagship with three crew members and the base weapons from the start of the game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13936 on: February 12, 2015, 12:09:13 am »

i'm gettin real fuckin sick of how luck works in this game. Just had a game where five jumps into the first sector an autoscout with an improved laser I and a halberd drone hacked my shields in the pre-battle random event. The first thing the halberd targetted were my weapons. It proceeded to completely dismantle my poor Osprey in about thirty seconds. From full health. FML

This isn't counting all the times i've been fucked because the last sector before the last stand actually had no stores, and I lost both my marines to random chance (three systems went out at the same time on their ship, killing both my marines). I had to go up against the flagship with three crew members and the base weapons from the start of the game.

Yeah, it drives me crazy when people say FTL is not luck based. If you can get past sector 1 in good shape, ok fine - you can still sometimes hit unfair enemy combos or get really bad luck with shops but for the most part it's fair.

But sector 1 is pure RNG garbage, there's so many BS things that can happen that are out of your control that will either kill you directly or leave you with such a poor start you might as well quit because you're never going to catch up to the curve.

----

My last death - killed by wolves, respawn, and... the wolves are spawn camping me. There's 4 or 5 of them and they kill me in 1 - 2 hits so I just spawn, attack once, die... at least 15 times, probably more.. over and over before I finally kill them.

Two worlds epic edition, seriously wtf wolves.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13937 on: February 12, 2015, 12:18:04 am »

The other player disconnected before I had even finished loading the scene. What a lame way to earn 40 gold. :(

Hearthstone
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13938 on: February 12, 2015, 12:19:18 am »

Sector one, and somewhat two, is based on a lot of luck with certain ship builds.  No shields?  Better hope you don't run into beam weaponry.  But then again, in just about every game ever made, your survival will depend on luck, and by the time you've invested a significant amount of time into a run of FTL you have had the time to invest against RNG fuckery. For example, to make up for the inability to guarantee a run in with a shop, I start building up for facing the flagship around sector five.  The early sectors are all about high risk ships dedicated to getting as much scrap as possible, mainly by boarding, and storing flagship critical equipment in the storage.  To prevent a single critical system from being put offline by a hacking drone or an absurdly lucky missile shot, invest in redundancy by upgrading systems more then needed, or having multiple offensive options for each type of ship.  Of course it is still always possible to have a hacking drone down your weapons, keeping you from breaking though a zoltan supershield fast enough to get your own hacking drone, or your teleporters, or your bombs, or your drone onto the enemy ship before they land several hits on your weapon system THROUGH 50% evasion and a defense drone.  I still call hacks on that one run
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13939 on: February 12, 2015, 04:26:03 am »

I swear, the RNG is biased against me. If I get a shit draw at the beginning, I can't replace it or I'll get an even shittier draw. Half the time, I can't even put anything on the board until turn 4, and by then I might as well concede. No matter how many low-cost minions I put in my deck, I will always draw all my ultimate late-game cards before I even start seeing my Voodoo Doctors and Goldshire Footmen. ARRRGH.

Hearthstone, aka WHY CAN'T I STOP PLAYING
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #13940 on: February 12, 2015, 04:35:20 am »

I swear, the RNG is biased against me. If I get a shit draw at the beginning, I can't replace it or I'll get an even shittier draw. Half the time, I can't even put anything on the board until turn 4, and by then I might as well concede. No matter how many low-cost minions I put in my deck, I will always draw all my ultimate late-game cards before I even start seeing my Voodoo Doctors and Goldshire Footmen. ARRRGH.

When you want to stop losing constantly... Well, you keep complaining about drawing your late game super early. What kind of mana curve do you have? Is it like, 20 cards on 5+ or are you legitimately getting RNG-screwed. Also, Goldshire footman is bad, and Voodoo doctor is also bad (uuunllesss you're playing a certain priest deck, and even then there's a lot of things that are better.)
As a general rule: Minions with 1 health are bad. Unless they have Divine Shield or something to prevent them from just dying to an opponent's Hero Ability for free.

Got ganked. Died.

League of Legends.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13941 on: February 12, 2015, 04:40:21 am »

When you want to stop losing constantly... Well, you keep complaining about drawing your late game super early. What kind of mana curve do you have? Is it like, 20 cards on 5+ or are you legitimately getting RNG-screwed. Also, Goldshire footman is bad, and Voodoo doctor is also bad (uuunllesss you're playing a certain priest deck, and even then there's a lot of things that are better.)
As a general rule: Minions with 1 health are bad. Unless they have Divine Shield or something to prevent them from just dying to an opponent's Hero Ability for free.

The deck in question has 11 cards at 3 mana & below and 13 cards at 4 mana & above, so I think it'd be about even. I only started playing recently and haven't been doing that well, so I haven't had much opportunity to get packs. I actually typically don't do that bad, but it is truly infuriating to have absolutely nothing in your hand for several turns.

Edit: Derp, miscounted. 14 cards at 3 & below, 16 at 4 & above.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 04:43:04 am by itisnotlogical »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #13942 on: February 12, 2015, 04:45:17 am »

The deck in question has 11 cards at 3 mana & below and 13 cards at 4 mana & above, so I think it'd be about even. I only started playing recently and haven't been doing that well, so I haven't had much opportunity to get packs. I actually typically don't do that bad, but it is truly infuriating to have absolutely nothing in your hand for several turns.

Edit: Derp, miscounted. 14 cards at 3 & below, 16 at 4 & above.

Hmm, yeah, that should be fairly alright.
Anyway, WATCH THESE. It's a good explanation of the basic game concepts, and I guarantee it will make you a better player. I'm assuming you don't have a background in other card games so presumably you don't know a few of the basic concepts, so this will help.
The circle is complete.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13943 on: February 12, 2015, 04:54:26 am »

I did watch those when you posted them a few pages back, they were pretty helpful :) At this point I'm just learning the game and acquiring cards.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #13944 on: February 12, 2015, 04:57:31 am »

I see. Do note, though, that Goldshire Footman is a terrrriibble card and you probably shouldn't be using it. Same with Witch Doctor (that only works in certain decks, and even then it's really not that good.)

I haven't really played much in the 'new' expansion (GvG) but I doubt something has happened to make Goldshire good. >_>
At least you aren't running Murloc Raider though... Right? Right!?[/] xD
(Seriously, it's almost the worst card in the game.)
The circle is complete.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13945 on: February 12, 2015, 08:53:45 am »

Speaking of RNG, the only reason I haven't hit King rank(my goal for the LP) is because of the game rather consistently giving me nigh-unbeatable trainers. I think it's figuring out who I lose to and picking them. The last few times I've come that far, I keep getting Steven or Rosa.

Seriously, why does everyone seem to have Metagross now? I can beat Steel, I can beat Psychic, but Steel/Psychic is a bit harder since the only Firetype move I can get on my winning team is Fire Punch, and the one who can learn it has poor Attack and Metagross is a tank.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13946 on: February 12, 2015, 10:34:48 am »

Depending on your team, Ground, Dark, or Ghost also work.  Gen 6 removed Steel's resistances to the latter two, so Metagross is now weak to them.

Even with that, Metagross is still nasty-tough, though, especially in its mega mode. 

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13947 on: February 12, 2015, 11:04:04 am »

Walking through the city as I looked around on the map. IE, I had my character walking through the map as I had zoomed out and was keeping a eye for players. Didn't notice the mines in time until it was to late and I stepped on them. Thank god that I managed to get back in time to nab all my shit before someone took it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Professor Lemur

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as your glasses, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13949 on: February 12, 2015, 05:40:19 pm »

Fucking V-tech.
You can lead a horse to water, you can leave your horse behind.
'Cause your horse don't dance and if he don't dance, then he's no horse of mine.
ASK ME ABOUT MY OBSCURELY LARGE MEKHQ ARMY
Pages: 1 ... 928 929 [930] 931 932 ... 1574