Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 922 923 [924] 925 926 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370558 times)

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13845 on: January 28, 2015, 08:03:52 pm »

GO bank, Deathwish, we got one keycard, then a teammate gunned down everything but the cams.
 Mr. Skulldozer was not amused.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13846 on: January 28, 2015, 11:09:46 pm »

Just sitting in my office, ordering supplies for the wrong people, because my objective is to suck at my job. Then someone comes to the door and asks to come in. I say no. The AI lets him in anyways. He then proceeds to stun me with a flash and throw me out the mass driver into space, where I spend ~10 minutes watching my asphyxiated body fly through space before it finally explodes into ludicrous gibs.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13847 on: January 29, 2015, 08:00:39 am »

Was on a pretty good roll, taking out a bunch of other mechs and holding the hard point that the rest of my team had long forgotten for a different objective.
Then comes two or three enemy mech, it all happened so fast. I remember loosing a salvo at the light one, a stryder. But the rest was just a haze. I remember my Mech getting compromised and I had a few seconds to pull the release lever and eject but then the much larger mech I was facing ripped off one of my mech's arms, broke a hole in the hill by bashing my mech with it's own arm then reached in, grabbed me and broke most of my ribs and probably somewhere on my spine though it happened to fast.
Then I got thrown a few hundred feet into a far wall and died on impact.

Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13848 on: January 29, 2015, 09:03:39 am »

Smashing tubines, my car starts burning, so I leave to knock one down with my hammer. It starts coming down, and I run.  I didn't run fast enough. That the whole thing toppled over in the direction I ran didn't help.

The only problem I had with that game was there aren't enough things to destroy. And certainly not enough of those smokestacks.
I recall there was a nice bit of modding which put the repair gun into single player, allowing you to knock things down to your heart's content.
That was actually a recent official update to the Steam version of the game, that included the repair gun for use once you had beaten the game once.

Martian construction is pretty sturdy, though. I tried knocking down a guard tower, which consists of four legs and a ladder. The entire tower remained standing with just one pole of the ladder holding it up after breaking the legs of it. What the hell are those ladders made of?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13849 on: January 29, 2015, 09:33:19 am »

My biggest complaint about Red Faction are the poles.  They support waaaaaay too much weight and don't break. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13850 on: January 29, 2015, 12:01:35 pm »

Martian construction is pretty sturdy, though. I tried knocking down a guard tower, which consists of four legs and a ladder. The entire tower remained standing with just one pole of the ladder holding it up after breaking the legs of it. What the hell are those ladders made of?
You musn't have been using all of your kaboom. Why weren't you using all of your kaboom?

Cowboy Colt

• Bay Watcher
  • You're gonna carry that weight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13851 on: January 29, 2015, 12:15:26 pm »

RF: EVERYTHING is made of polystyerene, aside from the poles. Which are unobtanium.
Someone needs to retire that term. It's not a good idea now and it never was.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13852 on: January 29, 2015, 12:37:31 pm »

RF: EVERYTHING is made of polystyerene, aside from the poles. Which are unobtanium.
Someone needs to retire that term. It's not a good idea now and it never was.
What did polystyrene ever do to you.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13853 on: January 29, 2015, 12:49:15 pm »

Heard people talking about it, decided to update and play it, remembered why cactus sword was okay, and then why jungles sucks unarmored.
  Surprised the critter actually got tougher there, frankly

Terraria
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #13854 on: January 29, 2015, 02:32:14 pm »

Jumped down the plughole.

The Neverhood

Man, that game. Never beaten it, but one day...

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13855 on: January 29, 2015, 03:15:58 pm »

I apparently was a bit too good at being a doctor. Not only was I killed by the Mafia, I was stabbed by a Serial Killer, Killed by a Veteran, and the Vigilante admitted to having plans to shoot me if he were alive in the dead chat. Everyone wanted me dead apparently.

Town of Salem (All Random game)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Professor Lemur

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as your glasses, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13856 on: January 29, 2015, 07:40:58 pm »

To quote an image on the Internet: "The risk I took was calculated, bit man am I bad at math."
It isn't a good idea to send the remains of your two Stars off to fight a Colossal 'mech, and then try to send yourself off. It's not cool, even if it's in character.
You can lead a horse to water, you can leave your horse behind.
'Cause your horse don't dance and if he don't dance, then he's no horse of mine.
ASK ME ABOUT MY OBSCURELY LARGE MEKHQ ARMY

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13857 on: January 30, 2015, 03:55:24 am »

I tried playing Doom, with a controller, windowed, Episode 3 on Hurt Me Plenty. There was no way this was going to end well.

At least I made it to E3M2, my least favorite map in all of Doom. :-\

The Ultimate Doom via ZDoom.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13858 on: January 30, 2015, 04:20:36 am »

I beat the daily, weekly, and nightfall. Took me less than an hour for all 3, total.

Right after the Nightfall was completed, I got the Toland exotic bounty. First requirement? "Complete a weekly or nightfall strike."

FFFF-

Anyways, I tried Crota's End after that.

I'm level 29 (with a bunch of 31's).

Three hours later, he's still not dead.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13859 on: January 30, 2015, 08:44:10 am »

You musn't have been using all of your kaboom. Why weren't you using all of your kaboom?

I did use it all... on something else. Like tanks, and barracks. And groups of EDF because you don't seem to have hand grenades in this game.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 922 923 [924] 925 926 ... 1575