Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 911 912 [913] 914 915 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371382 times)

Professor Lemur

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as your glasses, man.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13680 on: January 09, 2015, 07:55:50 am »

Just tried the Battle Tests. Never again. That was probably the most I swore and ranted at my DS.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You can lead a horse to water, you can leave your horse behind.
'Cause your horse don't dance and if he don't dance, then he's no horse of mine.
ASK ME ABOUT MY OBSCURELY LARGE MEKHQ ARMY

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #13681 on: January 09, 2015, 08:02:40 am »

From the Medieval to the Enlightenment age, I fought my neighbour to a standstill over my border city. Then they got tanks.

Rise of Nations.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #13682 on: January 09, 2015, 10:13:03 am »

From the Medieval to the Enlightenment age, I fought my neighbour to a standstill over my border city. Then they got tanks.

Rise of Nations.

People still play RoN? Happy to see that, might get back into it and try some online play.

Golden hook'd a communist, thinking I had the run in the bag; then it backfired spectacularly when ran into some spikes on the way.

Speedrunners.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13683 on: January 09, 2015, 02:35:33 pm »

Was playing a terror mission with all of my HEAT ammo gunners fatigued only to get a chryssalid boss, a cyberdisk boss, and two sectopod bosses. Needless to say I'm going to be restarting with a HEAT ammo gunner along, fatigue be damned.

Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13684 on: January 09, 2015, 02:40:13 pm »

Game hit the point where it can start freezing if I try to do too much too fast.  Damn all my cities and spy points!

CIV
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13685 on: January 09, 2015, 06:43:02 pm »

Just tried the Battle Tests. Never again. That was probably the most I swore and ranted at my DS.
The thing with the battle tests is the same reason even competitive pros despise Super Battles at the Battle Tower/Frontier/Subway/Maison/what have you--the AI knows your moveset. It's a Mario Kart-type thing where the game is arbitrarily cheating to make up for how you have the potential to play better if you're playing fair.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13686 on: January 09, 2015, 09:07:52 pm »

The thing with the battle tests is the same reason even competitive pros despise Super Battles at the Battle Tower/Frontier/Subway/Maison/what have you--the AI knows your moveset. It's a Mario Kart-type thing where the game is arbitrarily cheating to make up for how you have the potential to play better if you're playing fair.

There are unbeatable movesets the AI can't cope with, but they're few and far between.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #13687 on: January 10, 2015, 06:23:03 pm »

I was JUST too slow snagging a generous amount of cash from a company (~100000c). Had I only a moment longer, I could have gotten away with it too, and upgraded my gateway into a monster. I also learned from the same account of another one that sent a similar amount of cash too, which was going to be my next hit.

I had a CPU upgrade on the way too. I probably should have waited the additional 12 hours for it to get installed first. It would have been a double-up on my initial CPU output, potentially avoiding getting caught. I got greedy.

Remember kids. Don't rob a bank with mostly starter equipment.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 06:26:14 pm by Itnetlolor »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13688 on: January 10, 2015, 06:30:59 pm »

How did you rob a bank without upgrading your rig at all? I've tried but always get caught :/
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13689 on: January 10, 2015, 07:21:04 pm »

Last (currently, anyway) floor, harcore, with Eli (No weapons, infinite bombs). Got swamped with enemies straight off the stairs. So close.

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13690 on: January 10, 2015, 08:33:17 pm »

How did you rob a bank without upgrading your rig at all? I've tried but always get caught :/

If you already know an account number that has a high balance it's easier, as you can skip trying to actually hack into the bank's own admin area and just go straight for that account.  Get in, transfer the money to your (secondary!) bank account, delete record, get out, get into your secondary bank account, delete record, get out, InterNIC, delete logs.  It's difficult with starter gear (especially as you'll be running anti-monitor, anti-proxy and possibly anti-firewall bypassers all at once, as well as the necessary crackers/log deleters), but it can be done.  It's easier if you've managed to upgrade a bit first though, naturally.

How I last died: the helicopter I was in got hit and destroyed by multiple rockets from soldiers who appeared to be not at all phased by the exploding trucks going up right next to them.  Damn cool-headed guys.

(Also, I've just now finally completed Far Cry 3!  Huzzah!  This means I can move onto Far Cry 4 at last.)  :D
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13691 on: January 10, 2015, 08:39:59 pm »

Picked a fight with a Duergar in the sewers over 1000 gold. No way in hell I am paying you that when you've got loot.
Totally got pillar of fired by 5 high level enemies... BG2, save die reload.
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13692 on: January 10, 2015, 09:45:11 pm »

Goto's Yacht is full of droids that hit like semi trucks, quickly blowing straight through even Echani shields and doing 30+ damage per turn per droid. Although Handmaiden and Mira have the best damage output of anyone in my party besides Exile himself, they can't really tank that much damage. I should have brought Kreia instead of Handmaiden, all those Force buffs would have helped. With Handmaiden and Mira though, I only really make it by the skin of my teeth; every other encounter sees the party being completely wiped in under a minute, maybe a little more if I've scrounged any shields.

KOTOR2.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #13693 on: January 11, 2015, 12:45:48 am »

Hit by two trucks in succession

-Turbo Dismount
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13694 on: January 11, 2015, 12:46:16 am »

Hit by two trucks in succession

-Turbo Dismount
That's not a death, it's kinda the goal of the game.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 911 912 [913] 914 915 ... 1575