Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 888 889 [890] 891 892 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373098 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13335 on: November 22, 2014, 07:00:41 pm »

After several false starts and mindworm related tyraids, I get a decent start with controllable food ripe for foresting.  I build the human geneome and even befriend the believers, who strongarm the pirates.  Then I find out whos sharing my continent.  My first and only Santiago, who murderates me

SMAC.  Morgan is such a delight when he goes well too.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13336 on: November 22, 2014, 09:13:21 pm »

Imported party of babies from X and Y.  Dratini, Zoura, Eevee, Charmander, Fletchling, and the sole party native my starter treecko.

Dratini is low hp but I'm fighting the magikarp fisherman.   But dratini is also now above lv 10, and I don't have a badge yet, I forgot that pokemon get a bit belligerent when you not playing the poke's original trainer if you don't have the proper badges for it's level.

Dratini use twister.
*dratini pretends to have not heard*
Dammit dratini, twister.
*Dratini won't obey! It hurt itself in its confusion!*
*Dratini is KO'd*

And that is how I got my first team pokemon ko of the game to the bloody magikarp fisherman.

(Pokemon AS)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #13337 on: November 23, 2014, 06:12:36 am »

People need to chill the fuck out.  Every single member of our five man team was called out by someone as being bad.  Sometimes you just lose, deal with it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13338 on: November 23, 2014, 12:33:03 pm »

I leave my village, and try to cross a nearby river. I forgot to put points into swimming.

Then an alligator attacked me.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13339 on: November 23, 2014, 12:48:29 pm »

I leave my village, and try to cross a nearby river. I forgot to put points into swimming.

Then an alligator attacked me.

Was it named?  They'll get names for killing you.  Unless you specifically drowned.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13340 on: November 23, 2014, 12:58:26 pm »

It wasn't. I didn't drown, though I probably should have given how long I was underwater. It was the only gator around, so I stabbed it. Repeatedly. With a silver two-hander.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13341 on: November 23, 2014, 09:46:15 pm »

It wasn't. I didn't drown, though I probably should have given how long I was underwater. It was the only gator around, so I stabbed it. Repeatedly. With a silver two-hander.
your story reminds me of this.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13342 on: November 23, 2014, 10:56:57 pm »

In Knuckles' campaign there's a part where you have to put two statues on pedestals to open the door to the next mission. However, it isn't entirely clear where you're supposed to drop the statues. Cue me resetting the area several times as I try to put the statue somewhere, only to drop it behind some scenery where it becomes unreachable.

Sonic Adventure. I see why people say that this game hasn't aged very well.

EDIT:

I thought Sonic: The Fighters was dumb. I thought Shadow the Hedgehog was pretty effing stupid. I have seen Sonic 06 from beginning to end.

In all of Sonic's history, I have never seen anything as godawful as Big the Cat's section in Sonic Adventure. It is literally the most terrible thing I have ever seen in a Sonic game.

"Hey, you know what we need in our fast-paced action platformer? AN ENTIRE CAMPAIGN DEDICATED ENTIRELY TO FISHING. But, but get this- it'll still be kinda like a platformer, because we're making it in the same engine, see? But we'll make the character really slow and fat, so they can barely get anywhere. And here's the best part: the player character is going to be huge, and still have to maneuver in levels designed for characters half their size!" *snorts cocaine* "WHERE IS MY FUCKING CHECK"

Sonic Adventure. By the way, I died mostly by snapping a line, or drowning because Big is so god damn slow
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 08:30:28 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #13343 on: November 24, 2014, 09:53:18 pm »

Got splattered all over the wall by the cyberdemon. Classic.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13344 on: November 24, 2014, 11:14:46 pm »

Take four players, and throw them in one of the harder non-endgame dungeons. None of them have done it before.

One is far too undergeared. Another cannot dodge to save their life, and doesn't understand debuffs or terrain hazards. The healer tries too hard to keep everyone up, and the tank keeps going down because the healer loses focus on them to (very slowly) revive dead teammates instead.

We ran out of time in that dungeon. Took us twenty minutes to kill the first boss. Another twenty or so to kill the second. We ran out of time just as we were wiped by the final boss. For the fifth time or so.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13345 on: November 25, 2014, 01:08:52 am »

Crossing a mountain range, beating up wildlife. One of my companions is a crossbowman, and is taking potshots at the wildlife as well. So I get mauled by an angry kea and pass out. My companion shoots and kills the kea... one story directly above me. It falls on my head and crushes my skull. Cue my companions exclaiming how horrifying this is and then reminding each other that I am indeed dead.

I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13346 on: November 25, 2014, 01:29:33 am »

200ms ping + Team Fortress 2 = u ded.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13347 on: November 25, 2014, 01:37:17 am »

I just use the portal only to face a telecreeper right in my face and goes boom, no big deal, telecreeper can only teleport you right?

Well thats nice when your nether portal isnt sitting on an up-side down growing tree with a big huge magma sea under it....

Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13348 on: November 25, 2014, 08:59:52 am »

Apparently the 20th level of the Arena is specifically designed to be impossible, with it randomly deciding to kill you for no reason or deciding that your weapons need not be attatched to you anymore. And that's not counting the more numerous gunners who also got a damage boost and faster reload. I'm using god-tier equipment(Colussus and Machine Flail+amethyst) and I'm getting splattered in one salvo from a noob with a rocket launcher.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13349 on: November 25, 2014, 08:16:58 pm »

Doing the archwing quest, specifically the part where you have to obtain the blueprints for it.  SO far, I've managed to obtain nine wing blueprints, and seven system blueprints.  How many do I have for the harness, the last one I need?  Zero.  If someone claims that the drops for this are anywhere NEAR random and equal, I will cut open their chest and strangle them with their own intestines.  I hate this mission so, so, so much now. 
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 01:45:26 am by Lightningfalcon »
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.
Pages: 1 ... 888 889 [890] 891 892 ... 1575