Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 887 888 [889] 890 891 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373022 times)

blazing glory

Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13320 on: November 21, 2014, 08:22:25 am »

So what's with the weird/mid to late game stuff in insect areas? I've found power armor, plutonium and fusion cells, a inactive laser turret, etc, in the various webbed basements and wasp nest houses I've searched.

EDIT: Bleargh, how did I end up posting this here? Ignore.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 08:27:47 am by blazing glory »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13321 on: November 21, 2014, 08:23:08 am »

No, dont.  They fairly slow on their own.  Its the hunters/dogs thatll be faster than you.  And the zombears :P

Man that game had a lot of ways to die.  If you get too frustrated get/build a vehicle and use it  to hit and run stores.

@bg

The wasps kill the previous survivors and the plethra of noncontaminated meat causes them to stay.  that or they are secretly apocolytic  craftsmen :p
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 08:26:03 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

blazing glory

« Reply #13322 on: November 21, 2014, 08:29:18 am »

Step out of the safehouse. "you see a turret". Oh, that's probably there to defend me, I wonder if it will be friends. Dadadadadadad. You have died.

Respawn, new location, craft some stuff and explore town. Zombies everywhere, you have been electrocuted, you have died.

Respawn, oh look a friendly NPC, I'll talk to him later. Let's start by crafting a sling, * takes down curtain*. "You see a spitter zombie", the NPC apparently also sees the spitter zombie and opens up with a machinegun with me in front of the window. You have died.

Respawn, first location, oh look, it's the corpse of my first guy, let's stay away from there. Oh dead, zombies around me and I haven't crafted a weapon yet. Maybe I can lure them towards the turret. Rattatatatatatatat, you have died.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I blame him for making me post in the wrong thread, making me think this is the Cataclysm DDA thread.

Professor Lemur

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as your glasses, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13323 on: November 21, 2014, 08:34:54 am »

Lost against Sabrina. It has been the only time I lost, after going all the way through Johto and half of Kanto with my trusty Typhlosion.
I don't think I can do it again, nor want to.
Pokemon: Gold
You can lead a horse to water, you can leave your horse behind.
'Cause your horse don't dance and if he don't dance, then he's no horse of mine.
ASK ME ABOUT MY OBSCURELY LARGE MEKHQ ARMY

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13324 on: November 21, 2014, 09:13:15 am »

I merrily conquered a piece of the Teutonic Order via clever alliance-shenanigans, then a piece of Pomerania during a moment of their greatest weakness... but then greed overtook me, as I saw my beloved people rise up in resistance in Bohemia, one of my strongest allies. I attacked him in support of those rebels, but the rebels were not quite strong or willing enough to enforce their demands quickly enough. I was swamped by my bloodthirsty neighbours, and I quit ignobly. That is a death, I'd say. Isn't it?
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13325 on: November 21, 2014, 12:56:15 pm »

There's a guaranteed shiny Gyarados in the Lake of Rage. I hit it once for half its health, and then it got confused (?) and hit itself into the red. I try to use an Ultra Ball.

Pokemon Crystal. Cue choice between reloading and losing about an hour of progress, or accepting the loss and moving on.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13326 on: November 21, 2014, 01:15:10 pm »

I am SO glad that later generations made box switching automatic :/

But why wouldn't you have saved right before fighting the red Gyarados?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13327 on: November 21, 2014, 01:19:57 pm »

I had never failed to catch a Pokemon due to running out of box space before, and saving is mostly unnecessary for me because the emulator I use keeps track of the game state even when you close the app. I ended up reloading anyway, because most of what I lost were levels for Drowzee and I was thinking about releasing him anyway.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #13328 on: November 21, 2014, 05:10:56 pm »

Got eaten by dogs.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13329 on: November 21, 2014, 05:12:51 pm »

Got eaten by dogs.

WHAT
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #13330 on: November 21, 2014, 05:27:52 pm »

Got eaten by dogs.

WHAT
It makes sense in context. Game's free, you could download it and play it for yourself.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13331 on: November 21, 2014, 05:58:14 pm »

i-i'm not sure i want to
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #13332 on: November 21, 2014, 08:37:25 pm »

i-i'm not sure i want to

You DEFINITELY want to. I just played it for the first time, like, a week ago. Think Pokemon meets Legend of Zelda meets Silent Hill, with a healthy dollop of Resident Evil.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13333 on: November 22, 2014, 12:21:23 pm »

Dueling the last opponent of the match, I'm about to deliver a massive smash with my flail when suddenly massive explosion.

First opponent of the fight, he has a bomb launcher. Half of them hit me directly before I can do anything, and I'm set on fire for the rest of the (short) match.

i-i'm not sure i want to

You DEFINITELY want to. I just played it for the first time, like, a week ago. Think Pokemon meets Legend of Zelda meets Silent Hill, with a healthy dollop of Resident Evil.
Perhaps a link would help?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #13334 on: November 22, 2014, 04:58:44 pm »

Behold the glory! It's a pretty short game, like 3-4 hours depending how how good you are at the little puzzles and remembering where you need to go next.

On topic: I used my Apothecary early to keep a Stormvermin with Tackle from being Badly Hurt. I was playing against Lizardfolk, and figured I'd need him to hunt down some skinks; he only needed 1 SPP to level up, too! About 3 turns later my best Gutter Runner died on the pitch.

Pages: 1 ... 887 888 [889] 890 891 ... 1575