Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 886 887 [888] 889 890 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372764 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13305 on: November 18, 2014, 02:59:35 am »

Trying to take down a child zombie with fancy Kung Fu ain't easy, especially when you're not actually skilled in unarmed combat. I survived the conflict because I had a gun, however, but I ended up bleeding out, anyway.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13306 on: November 18, 2014, 08:46:31 pm »

Didnt die, yet, but I play above the level I can reliably win at (emperor) and

Civ IV.  Welcome to Getphuked Island, where everyone else has unit Buildprobs that at least match your own as a PC.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 08:48:35 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13307 on: November 19, 2014, 03:22:09 am »

Men of War Assault Squad 2, doing the first mission.  Moved my squads up into the trees and wreckage closer to the road so the attacking Germans can't reach their cover.  A SdKfz 223 comes barreling towards us and we hit it with a rocket, killing the driver and sending it out of control.  It crashes right into the wrecked truck my AT squad was using as cover and rolls it over, physkilling all of them.

Good game.
Shoes...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13308 on: November 19, 2014, 09:13:44 am »

I got plenty of first aid on first level, then combat shotgun and chaingun on next level. Berserk pack right next to arena entrance, hell yeah.

I stormed the Arena, blasted next two levels, ripped through Chained Court with 100% HP. This is gonna be my best run!

Then I descended onto next level and found a random lever, and I pulled it...

FLOOR BECAME LAVA

ALL OF IT

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Professor Lemur

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as your glasses, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13309 on: November 19, 2014, 11:16:55 am »

Two words: UCS. Japan.
Fuck this map. Fuck the map designers.
This is so unnecessarily difficult, yet there's only one map that's actually unbeatable. How the hell do I beat this?
You can lead a horse to water, you can leave your horse behind.
'Cause your horse don't dance and if he don't dance, then he's no horse of mine.
ASK ME ABOUT MY OBSCURELY LARGE MEKHQ ARMY

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13310 on: November 19, 2014, 02:42:15 pm »

I got plenty of first aid on first level, then combat shotgun and chaingun on next level. Berserk pack right next to arena entrance, hell yeah.

I stormed the Arena, blasted next two levels, ripped through Chained Court with 100% HP. This is gonna be my best run!

Then I descended onto next level and found a random lever, and I pulled it...

FLOOR BECAME LAVA

ALL OF IT

WELCOME TO FUCKING BOATMURDERED

(I'm a terrible person and you should judge me.)

Also, I died to goddamn two Raptros' on It Came From the Skies. Fuck those things.

War of the Monsters
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13311 on: November 19, 2014, 03:05:13 pm »

You might need to use more than two. Let's start with the game you're playing and work from there.

I was killed by a travelling mountain that apparently has guns. That was a really good run too, I had about 4000 echos worth of stuff between my boat and my home.

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13312 on: November 19, 2014, 08:04:33 pm »

Not death, but a major loss.

I had just finished assembling my Grand Army at Toulouse - it consisted of 19 of my best and most elite units and one of my better generals. 3 Units of Gunpowder Artillery, 6 Units of Yeoman/Retinue Archers, 3 Teutonic Knights, 2 Dismounted English Knights, 5 Units of Armored Swordsmen and my general. Many of these units had multiple chevrons from fighting the evil and much hated Papal States. I load these onto a much more regular fleet of ships - about 5 Holks and a couple of Cogs - and set off on my merry way towards pillaging Rome. Next turn however, a smaller but gunpowder-equipped fleet of the Papacy attacks my fleet who is just out of port. They beat them, but okay. Only a couple ships were lost and I can still make it back to port (hopefully). But then the Papacy pulls another fleet out of thin air the fog of war and send my fleet packing back to about where my port is. Well guess who still has enough movement points to reach me? That's right, the original fleet. And because I'm on a coast pretty much right next to my safe port, I can't retreat and everybody dies horribly.

I fully blame this newfangled gunpowder and I'll be going back to reliable trebuchets. Why shoot the pope when you can fling dead cows at him, after all?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13313 on: November 19, 2014, 08:35:29 pm »

Silly Worldmaster. You need to fuck his fear-turkey.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Professor Lemur

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as your glasses, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13314 on: November 20, 2014, 04:14:50 am »

You might need to use more than two. Let's start with the game you're playing and work from there.

I was killed by a travelling mountain that apparently has guns. That was a really good run too, I had about 4000 echos worth of stuff between my boat and my home.

Earth 2150 has three separate campaigns, and the one I was playing was the UCS (United Civilised States). Japan is notorious for a lot of players because of how difficult it is. You're given units that have the health integrity of rice paper, and you've probably ran out of research funds back at HQ if you're not careful, so you'll be stuck at that level if you're not careful.
The enemy, on the other hand, surrounds you and generally have superior weaponry, which is either lasers (overheats your unit and then blows it up) or electro-cannons (knocks your units internal systems offline then blows it up). It'll generally take you a long whileon the UCS campaign scraping by with grenades and rockets.
Basically, you're outfunded, outgunned, surrounded, and outteched.

But, if you like microing... You will love this.
It took a lot of manoeuvring and savescumming, but I survived the first onslaught. I have a large group of Gargoyles (light fighter craft) that are knocking out power plants and supply lines. It's working well, I guess?

I still hate this mission.
You can lead a horse to water, you can leave your horse behind.
'Cause your horse don't dance and if he don't dance, then he's no horse of mine.
ASK ME ABOUT MY OBSCURELY LARGE MEKHQ ARMY

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13315 on: November 20, 2014, 08:23:02 am »

Men of War Assault Squad 2, doing the first mission.  Moved my squads up into the trees and wreckage closer to the road so the attacking Germans can't reach their cover.  A SdKfz 223 comes barreling towards us and we hit it with a rocket, killing the driver and sending it out of control.  It crashes right into the wrecked truck my AT squad was using as cover and rolls it over, physkilling all of them.

Good game.

MoW has some good memory for me, especially the physics system and multiplayer - back in the days you had various kinds of ammo (regular shells and arty shells) - arty shells would explode when hit, the others don't. Drop your Nebelwerfer rockets, one at a time, next to a ammo truck load worth of regular ammo, blow em and you get map-crossing rain of tiny objects and kingtigers if you want to. A fun multiplayer tactic was to drive a truck and drop single missles out as you drive alone, ram/explode/daisychain it up. Good times.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13316 on: November 20, 2014, 12:22:02 pm »

Dokuro-chan got blasted by Darkdeath Evilman for over 3k damage.

Zettai Hero Project.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13317 on: November 20, 2014, 02:36:04 pm »

Some giant skull thing vomited a laser beam made of blood on me.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13318 on: November 20, 2014, 06:54:07 pm »

Sudden difficulty spike at the end of Sonic's campaign. Impossibly tiny moving platforms, losing all your rings every two steps, and a tough final boss fight over an abyss all led to me losing seven or more lives on the last hour of gameplay.

Sonic Adventure.

It's about 3/4 of a good Sonic game. There's times when it seems totally ingenious and has me on the edge of my seat, but other times I just have to groan at the quirky camera controls, glitchy set pieces that don't always work as intended, average-to-terribad animation and of course the voice acting. Now that I'm starting the other character campaigns, at least it looks like the plot is going to turn out to be much deeper than expected.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 06:55:44 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Lapoleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13319 on: November 21, 2014, 08:14:23 am »

Step out of the safehouse. "you see a turret". Oh, that's probably there to defend me, I wonder if it will be friends. Dadadadadadad. You have died.

Respawn, new location, craft some stuff and explore town. Zombies everywhere, you have been electrocuted, you have died.

Respawn, oh look a friendly NPC, I'll talk to him later. Let's start by crafting a sling, * takes down curtain*. "You see a spitter zombie", the NPC apparently also sees the spitter zombie and opens up with a machinegun with me in front of the window. You have died.

Respawn, first location, oh look, it's the corpse of my first guy, let's stay away from there. Oh dead, zombies around me and I haven't crafted a weapon yet. Maybe I can lure them towards the turret. Rattatatatatatatat, you have died.

Pages: 1 ... 886 887 [888] 889 890 ... 1575