Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 883 884 [885] 886 887 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373208 times)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13260 on: November 13, 2014, 07:28:05 am »

Fire raged in couple of rooms on a completely different sides of the ship. The fact one of the fires was in sensor room didn't really help. Also my med-bay got hit by one mega-barrage so no Engi med-bots heal for me. Also, door control. Not having the control over doors the fire in the upper part, which could be put out by opening the doors to space, eventually reached oxygen room. And, the worst, drone control. Eventually I was just struggling to repair ANYTHING while having no capacity to strike back and few laser barrages later the brave Torus exploded fantastically and all the 8 crew members with him. Ah well.

What annoys me slightly is the fact I was so damn close. With some careful usage of S. Bomb in it's final moments the flagship's 3rd stage had just one crew member remaining. But to be fair, I think I got too greedy at that point, focusing more on trying to kill that guy instead of paying attention to flagship's remaining offensive capabilities. Still, it was a pretty fantastic run. The unlocking of Federation cruiser (and the mission for it) took me by complete surprise, and consequently Lanius cruiser is also in my hangar now. Also, never got past 2nd stage when using Torus before so all in all I'm very pleased, so much it's almost tempting to put this post into "how did you last own" thread. Still, I died.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13261 on: November 13, 2014, 08:35:26 am »

If you kill all the crew

Just so you know. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

blazing glory

« Reply #13262 on: November 13, 2014, 09:06:31 am »

If you kill all the crew

Just so you know. :P

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #13263 on: November 13, 2014, 10:18:32 am »

Oh.

Ah well, makes sense.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13264 on: November 13, 2014, 10:28:57 am »

Ah well, makes sense.
Am I missing some part of the story, where it's explained
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13265 on: November 13, 2014, 11:00:23 am »

Nope
It's just final boss powers
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13266 on: November 13, 2014, 11:29:05 am »

Opened the farportal room and the unique horror inside was immune to my primary elemental attack and too durable for my minions to wear him down.

You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13267 on: November 13, 2014, 03:39:21 pm »

Ah well, makes sense.
Why would the most powerful ship in the rebels' arsenal not have a failsafe in case the crew gets killed?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13268 on: November 13, 2014, 08:46:53 pm »

Engineering and monetary obstacles?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13269 on: November 13, 2014, 09:20:42 pm »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #13270 on: November 13, 2014, 09:49:16 pm »

AI is kind of the rebel's schtick.  Absolutely NO ONE else has auto-ships.  Add that to the fact that their ship structures are different (they have rounded hulls while the federation has more square edges), and there's kind of a mystery as to where the rebels got all this tech that the Federation doesn't have...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13271 on: November 13, 2014, 09:57:53 pm »

Illegal technology the Federation won't use?
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

blazing glory

« Reply #13272 on: November 14, 2014, 05:31:46 am »

Bluegh, playing Final Fantasy 6 on a emulator, forgot how brutal it was in some points, keep dying to Number 128, in other words, great big purple monster that attacks you when your minecarting at the halfway point of the game.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13273 on: November 14, 2014, 08:12:54 am »

Ah well, makes sense.
Why would the most powerful ship in the rebels' arsenal not have a failsafe in case the crew gets killed?
Have you seen Terminator? Or 2001? An AI in charge of a ship that can tear the Federal Navy a new one more or less single handed (I'm not quite sure what's happening with that dot, as we know rebels have a fleet, but no one ever interferes with the duel when you arrive)  is inherently scary even if it's crewed by a faculty of Federal computer scientists. Hell, especially then.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13274 on: November 14, 2014, 08:17:02 am »

Animal attack x10
Gunshot wounds x1
Synthetic assault x1
Fire x1

Alien Isolation
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 883 884 [885] 886 887 ... 1575