Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 882 883 [884] 885 886 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373382 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13245 on: November 10, 2014, 09:43:47 pm »

Not a personal death, but an enemy wizard with that silly-named 4th level fire spell got a cheap shot at Frederick, knocking him down enough for the rest of the army to gang up on him and end him.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It is to be expected. Frederick ends up rather weak towards the end of the game.
NEVER

MYSELF, MY DRAGON WIFE, AND FREDERICK WILL POWER THROUGH, CRUSH WALMART, AND SAVE THE UNIVERSE AFTER THE LOOSE ENDS FROM CHAPTER 13 ARE TIED UP

LONG LIVE FREDERICK THE GREAT
:P

I still can't drop him, because I already lost most of the people you meet before the Arena Ferox level.
WALMART/Anna should totally have been a thing in-game.  Prices aren't the only things being cut. :P

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13246 on: November 10, 2014, 10:45:20 pm »

Not a personal death, but an enemy wizard with that silly-named 4th level fire spell got a cheap shot at Frederick, knocking him down enough for the rest of the army to gang up on him and end him.

It is to be expected. Frederick ends up rather weak towards the end of the game.
NEVER

MYSELF, MY DRAGON WIFE, AND FREDERICK WILL POWER THROUGH, CRUSH WALMART, AND SAVE THE UNIVERSE AFTER THE LOOSE ENDS FROM CHAPTER 13 ARE TIED UP

LONG LIVE FREDERICK THE GREAT
:P

I still can't drop him, because I already lost most of the people you meet before the Arena Ferox level.
WALMART/Anna should totally have been a thing in-game.  Prices aren't the only things being cut. :P

...she is.

Also, Tawarochir, who did you lose?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 10:48:06 pm by Reudh »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13247 on: November 10, 2014, 10:58:23 pm »

-snip-
This might take a while, so I'll tell you who I didn't. (Not counting second-generation characters.)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13248 on: November 10, 2014, 10:58:45 pm »

...she is.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13249 on: November 10, 2014, 11:21:50 pm »

I'm glad Awkward Zombie has so many Fire Emblem comics http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=040813

I last died by slipping off a mountain in Skyrim.  Herp.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13250 on: November 11, 2014, 12:25:03 am »

...she is.

True, but the Valkyrie class gets a skill that lets anyone paired with them have the same benefits as an A-rank support. Of course, you don't actually get the character interaction.
-snip-
This might take a while, so I'll tell you who I didn't. (Not counting second-generation characters.)

Jeeeeeezus. So assuming who you lost, you're going to be able to recruit all of the paralogue characters except Yen'fay. Second gen characters you will have: Inigo, Noire, Nah, Morgan, Gerome, Lucina. That's... less than ideal. Morgan's going to be tough, but that's really it. (Tiki is a better mother for Morgan if you gotta have a dragon though.) Also, you're missing Panne!? Woah, woah. Panne's okay on her own, but her children are far stronger. Yarne usually ends up one of your strongest meleers.

Here's who I lost:

On the plus side, I do have Emmeryn, Priam and Walmart in my party. Emmeryn in particular is pretty good, as she's got the highest MAG of anyone in the game (capping at 50, +2 from mage, +5 from Tomefaire, +4 more from Rally Mag every turn).

Priam's a melee powerhouse, comes with Sol, Luna, high base stats, decent growths, and three Breaker skills (You can grab Bowbreaker if you reclass him, but you lose out on Sol or Luna).

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13251 on: November 11, 2014, 04:37:42 am »

I really like OFP's air combat, because it makes you think about 3D space. Using the alt key, you can look around without changing the direction of your plane. It's great for confirming kills.

I was chasing down a radar contact when I heard the loud crash of yet another midair collision and used the free look to check out the damage. I notice way too late that the contact was heading towards me, rather than away.

There are also many times I've clipped a tree and exploded because I was too busy chasing a target to notice that I was losing altitude.

Operation Flashpoint.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13252 on: November 11, 2014, 07:33:49 am »

Clicked on a chain until I got levitation. I tried to levitate up a level but somehow got magicked in midair. Died.
Opened a door, saw a warrior and an imp and a burst of magick. Died.
Tried to jump through a window. Fell through the floor and into the void. Reload.
Jumped onto a lift, fell through the lift and into the void. Reload.
Fell down a hole and into water. Surrounded by four slaughterfish. Died.
Jumped by a Vampire at level 1. Died.

And yet I keep coming back to play it occasionally.

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall.

Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13253 on: November 11, 2014, 08:00:05 pm »

After some 18 hours of gameplay I've reached an unwinnable position. The council decided to give me the stupid whale mission on the US 3 times in a row, which of course I turned down because I didn't have a prayer of completing it. This raised the panic level in the US up to 100, but luckily I had a satellite that would go up 1 day before the council report, reducing panic levels. However, the day before the report a high-flying UFO shoots down the satellite (without it even going operational). The US withdraws, dropping my net funding levels to a grand total of 8 credits per month, stopping me from actually buying the cool new weapons I desperately needed. With 6 countries withdrawn, no income, and aliens upgraded enough that they can 1-shot me but I can barely scratch them, it's time to admit defeat.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13254 on: November 11, 2014, 08:34:43 pm »

On the subject of humanity not actually waiting for results before slashing founding and offering their rotund buttocks up on silver platters . . .

I set up shop in America, because just to shake it up a bit (I dont do American starts usually, Im actually fond of the ME area) and the aliens slammed into Russia and Europe, destroying my funding as Im desperately attempting to erect a base there.  Now, we start seeing mid-range baddies, and my soldiers dont even have a set of upgraded armor for each man (24 for 3 bases), let alone a plethra of laser weaponry.

what's that?  for an extra million dollars funding you can save the world?  Have a net profit of 400,000.  Ugh, that last base is what did me in, but I was hoping the extra cash from improved relations/crashed ufos would pay for it.  Not the case . . .

Xenonauts.  I just watched us spend all of our grenades nuking chryslids, because our guns wouldn't do the trick.  Half the squad because a reptile dude came up our flank.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13255 on: November 11, 2014, 08:43:32 pm »

I walked off a floating island while running from harpies. And my grapping hook decided to miss.

Terraria.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13256 on: November 12, 2014, 02:38:59 am »

Oh whoops, I accidentally picked up the dice I already threw. Better put it back down.

"Come back here, thief!" *SHOTGUN PELLETS TO THE FACE*

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13257 on: November 12, 2014, 03:18:44 pm »

Ran out of time fighting One-Eared Garuga.
I really need a sharper weapon. Fucker has a lot of health.

Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13258 on: November 13, 2014, 12:39:15 am »

I'm doing the /vr/ Retro Game Gauntlet. How it works:

The game I got was "Little Ghosts", a Japan-only action game where you tie up tomatoes in pink boxes using a rope while avoiding turnips with sunglasses, flies in top hats and orange off-model Pacman. The game is stupidly easy until you meet the fly, who follows you non-stop and will take any opportunity to maneuver in front of you. I game over'd three times on the first stage you meet him on.

Little Ghosts.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13259 on: November 13, 2014, 04:39:04 am »

I remember doing well in Spelunky. Stole a shotgun, shotgunned the storekeeper and murdered all the other ones that appeared at the exits. Then died on the ice levels since slippy.
World 3 is pretty much the worst. I used to try to get through it as fast as possible but then I realized that rushing in a slippery level means that you're more likely to fall to your doom.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 882 883 [884] 885 886 ... 1575