Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 881 882 [883] 884 885 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373539 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13230 on: November 07, 2014, 06:57:40 am »

Level 9 CPU Little Macs are vicious.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #13231 on: November 07, 2014, 04:19:45 pm »

I may have gotten carried away with the eating.  I cleared the bandit tower, two Stormcloak camps, a necromancer camp, and several bears and deer along the way.
Like a true werewolf.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13232 on: November 07, 2014, 08:03:23 pm »

Charles Ingram rushed forward to secure the Meld canister: a rare substance the alien invaders always brought on their missions for reasons unknown. It was still questionably useful, but Central had marked it as a valuable resource.

This was his last mistake.

---
Spoiler: sectoidpocalypse (click to show/hide)
Note that three of them are mind-merged, meaning there was at least ten Sectoids back there. Ingram triggered two squads of four that spawned on the same damn tile, which merged with the two surviving Sectoids from the previous squad. At the end of it all, three soldiers died (Ingram included, of course) and a couple of the survivors were promoted. Da 'ardest an' killiest of them all was Rocketeer Holly Morgan, who killed at least three of the Sectoids, dodged two overwatch shots while running for cover, beat the rolls on three mindfray attempts on the same turn, and got shot twice before finally being critically wounded. She's Australian, naturally. By the time she went down there was two Sectoids and two X-COM operatives left to fight - one was brained by the sniper (who only managed to land two shots out of the ten or so he took that battle) and the other was rushed and killed by the PFC.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13233 on: November 08, 2014, 02:02:35 am »

A hunt target appeared, and was attacked much too early.

Usually people will wait a few minutes to allow other players to build parties and arrive at the hunt target's location.

There were just too few people to kill the target. Maybe only a dozen or so. One AOE and that number was halved.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13234 on: November 08, 2014, 03:27:34 am »

Was doing a nuzlocke run and everything was going fine till the second gym, which was fighting type when my entire party consisted entirely of pokemon with weakness to fighting (except for my level 10 beautifly, which was basically useless at the time). Nevertheless I managed to cruise through the entire gym on the sheer overleveledness of my Marshtomp, up until the very last gym leader pokemon, a Makuhita, which proceeded to crit OHKO my Marshtomp before karate chopping his way through the entire rest of my party, resulting in a white out and game over.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13235 on: November 08, 2014, 11:39:02 am »

Was doing a nuzlocke run and everything was going fine till the second gym, which was fighting type when my entire party consisted entirely of pokemon with weakness to fighting (except for my level 10 beautifly, which was basically useless at the time). Nevertheless I managed to cruise through the entire gym on the sheer overleveledness of my Marshtomp, up until the very last gym leader pokemon, a Makuhita, which proceeded to crit OHKO my Marshtomp before karate chopping his way through the entire rest of my party, resulting in a white out and game over.

Yeah, Brawly can be a real pain in the ass for Nuzlockers.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13236 on: November 08, 2014, 06:07:43 pm »

I died many, many times in the first dungeon.

Not because the enemies are tricky to deal with (though they kinda are), but because I couldn't figure out how to run. You have to hold the attack button in the classic Mario Bros style, not double-tap forward like in modern games. I can't believe it took me so long to figure that out >_<
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13237 on: November 08, 2014, 08:25:35 pm »

Bug types resist Fighting but are frail. Abra exists in the cave nearby, but is hard to catch and is totally useless until it learns Confusion. Your best bet is looking for a Sableye, or grinding your life out. Sableye's incredibly useful at that gym, because none of the gym leader's pokemon carry a move that isn't Fighting or Normal type, so Sableye's immune to that.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13238 on: November 09, 2014, 01:28:34 am »

Bug types resist Fighting but are frail. Abra exists in the cave nearby, but is hard to catch and is totally useless until it learns Confusion. Your best bet is looking for a Sableye, or grinding your life out. Sableye's incredibly useful at that gym, because none of the gym leader's pokemon carry a move that isn't Fighting or Normal type, so Sableye's immune to that.

Excellent advice in general--Sableye makes the gym a hilarious cakewalk. Not so useful for the Nuzlockers, though.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13239 on: November 09, 2014, 02:56:34 am »

I created a custom mission just to get the hang of flying the plane, consisting of a bunch of American planes and choppers versus a bunch of Russian planes and choppers over the ocean.

With the high-speed fighter planes zooming around and having their own battle amidst the relatively static helicopters, collisions happened quite frequently. One such collision actually involved one plane hitting a helicopter, and then I hit the mass that resulted from that. And when I was flying the helicopter, the Russian planes loved nothing more than to try a pass at me, then say "fuck it" and ram right into me when that fails.

Operation Flashpoint. Air combat is annoying because you almost never get points for your kills. CPU pilots will instantly abandon a plane that's even slightly damaged, and you don't get points for the plane crashing into the ground after that; you only get points for completely destroying the plane with gunfire and killing the pilot.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13240 on: November 10, 2014, 09:59:25 am »

I created a custom mission just to get the hang of flying the plane, consisting of a bunch of American planes and choppers versus a bunch of Russian planes and choppers over the ocean.

With the high-speed fighter planes zooming around and having their own battle amidst the relatively static helicopters, collisions happened quite frequently. One such collision actually involved one plane hitting a helicopter, and then I hit the mass that resulted from that. And when I was flying the helicopter, the Russian planes loved nothing more than to try a pass at me, then say "fuck it" and ram right into me when that fails.

Operation Flashpoint. Air combat is annoying because you almost never get points for your kills. CPU pilots will instantly abandon a plane that's even slightly damaged, and you don't get points for the plane crashing into the ground after that; you only get points for completely destroying the plane with gunfire and killing the pilot.
I've played Operation Flashpoint before, and I knew that air combat AI was fairly bad, but damn.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13241 on: November 10, 2014, 01:54:22 pm »

Managed to beat the first three groups of opponents. My health is down to about 40% but that's fine. Next two enemies that show up, one has that gun that shoots little rocket bombs everywhere, the other has the one that shoots flaming death-missiles. The latter shot me in the face.

Another attempt, I get to the last pair. I'm down to low health, but neither of them have guns, so I can just smash them. Then one of them throws a Siege Bomb, which for reference has a similar sound effect(and appropriate player response; ie GTFO naow) to a Minecraft Creeper. I'm two screen-lengths away from it when it went off and I still died.

I've played Operation Flashpoint before, and I knew that air combat AI was fairly bad, but damn.

OF's AI is great for positioning large groups, but it cannot really handle small tactics.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13242 on: November 10, 2014, 05:18:34 pm »

Not a personal death, but an enemy wizard with that silly-named 4th level fire spell got a cheap shot at Frederick, knocking him down enough for the rest of the army to gang up on him and end him.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13243 on: November 10, 2014, 09:36:28 pm »

Not a personal death, but an enemy wizard with that silly-named 4th level fire spell got a cheap shot at Frederick, knocking him down enough for the rest of the army to gang up on him and end him.

It is to be expected. Frederick ends up rather weak towards the end of the game.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13244 on: November 10, 2014, 09:40:28 pm »

It is to be expected. Frederick ends up rather weak towards the end of the game.
NEVER

MYSELF, MY DRAGON WIFE, AND FREDERICK WILL POWER THROUGH, CRUSH WALMART, AND SAVE THE UNIVERSE AFTER THE LOOSE ENDS FROM CHAPTER 13 ARE TIED UP

LONG LIVE FREDERICK THE GREAT
:P

I still can't drop him, because I already lost most of the people you meet before the Arena Ferox level.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 881 882 [883] 884 885 ... 1575