Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 870 871 [872] 873 874 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373756 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13065 on: October 16, 2014, 02:02:14 pm »

My IRC-bot turned against me and stabbed me in the face.
GAEM.
My IRC-bot turned against me and stabbed me in the face.
I have to agree with Darvi here- since you're not litterally dead, that stroy needs more context to explain in what way it "stabbed" you and/or what you were playing in that channel.
Show me where the Darvbot touched you
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13066 on: October 16, 2014, 03:50:34 pm »

The tank drivers in OFP:CWC seem to have their own ideas about what things like "forward" and "fast" mean. Even though I was jamming on the "forward, fast" command key, the AI driver just sat there with the engine idling as a Russian anti-tank soldier casually took aim and blew us up with one direct hit.

Operation Flashpoint: CWC.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13067 on: October 16, 2014, 06:07:04 pm »

The tank drivers in OFP:CWC seem to have their own ideas about what things like "forward" and "fast" mean. Even though I was jamming on the "forward, fast" command key, the AI driver just sat there with the engine idling as a Russian anti-tank soldier casually took aim and blew us up with one direct hit.

something something водка something
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13068 on: October 16, 2014, 06:54:26 pm »

After upgrading the game to Cold War Assault, I found to my annoyance that my profile got deleted and my saved progress was lost. As I was skipping through missions to get back to my place, I noticed that using the level cheat gave you a score of 0. After cheating past so many missions, my score was so low that I got court-martialed. I don't think this is even possible in regular gameplay, because getting a failing score usually means you died or failed in such a way that you can't advance to the next mission.

Operation Flashpoint
ARMA: Cold War Assault
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13069 on: October 16, 2014, 08:50:37 pm »

something something водка something

Driver-san no водка!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13070 on: October 17, 2014, 04:10:10 am »

So I decide I'll make this char a werewolf.  She was origonally planned to be a stealth archer, but since I had played a char like that in skyrim before I figured I'd mix it up.  Besides, wolf gives her an option for when the OP stealth arrow misses.

After informing a friend of my plans he insisted I download a werewolf mod.  Because apperantly vanilla skyrim's werewolf system blows.  I grudgingly download the mod, and go to a bandit fort to try it out.

First bandit gets wrecked.  My char apparently jumped on the poor chump and ripped his throat out.  Nice.  I charge towards one of his buddies....  and get one shot by a crossbow bolt....

I tried to werewolf my way through that fort 3 more times, adjusting my plan each time, but still getting wrecked seconds after I eat the poor front gate guard's face.

If this is AFTER the mod makes werewolves more useful, what shape were skyrim werewolves in BEFORE the mod?

Skyrim
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13071 on: October 17, 2014, 09:46:29 am »

So I decide I'll make this char a werewolf.  She was origonally planned to be a stealth archer, but since I had played a char like that in skyrim before I figured I'd mix it up.  Besides, wolf gives her an option for when the OP stealth arrow misses.

After informing a friend of my plans he insisted I download a werewolf mod.  Because apperantly vanilla skyrim's werewolf system blows.  I grudgingly download the mod, and go to a bandit fort to try it out.

First bandit gets wrecked.  My char apparently jumped on the poor chump and ripped his throat out.  Nice.  I charge towards one of his buddies....  and get one shot by a crossbow bolt....

I tried to werewolf my way through that fort 3 more times, adjusting my plan each time, but still getting wrecked seconds after I eat the poor front gate guard's face.

If this is AFTER the mod makes werewolves more useful, what shape were skyrim werewolves in BEFORE the mod?

Skyrim

Crossbows are super strong, also basically werewolves in vanilla had no armor rating, and only lasted 60 seconds and could only be used once per day. I assume you're using Moonlight Tales, which gives werewolf form an inherent armor rating, and while the form lasts on average 60 seconds, it can be boosted every time you feed.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13072 on: October 17, 2014, 09:48:52 am »

If I recall correctly, it was a problem with scaling.  The wolf form didn't scale well with your level, because you couldn't wear armor while in it.  I believe the werewolf mod adds more skills for the werewolf?  I know the dawnguard expansion has werewolf perks as well, but I don't have it.  Should help, put some points into the skill tree.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13073 on: October 17, 2014, 10:30:34 am »

Me being impatient, I hired a merc to help me oust Kevin from his home outside New Serino. I gave the merc my extra pistol and some ammo and headed out. I went through the dialogue tree with Kevin hoping that I could intimate him out. It threw me into combat with the guy, and I thought I would be alright since it's two guys with pistols versus one guy with what looked like a mosin or something.

It was an assault rifle, and the dice hate me. About 6 shots, all doing roughly 15-25 damage, hit me. My 160 health + leather jacket did nothing.

>_>

I hired that meatshield merc for a reason...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13074 on: October 17, 2014, 11:16:15 am »

Got a swarm of bees up my hair due curiosity.

Tjoh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13075 on: October 17, 2014, 02:47:32 pm »

I did not pay enough attention to a vent in the ceiling and got a nasty surprise.

Defacto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13076 on: October 17, 2014, 06:20:23 pm »

Was enjoying myself blasting apart smugglers in a lawless zone and taking their cargo when a crazy fighter craft rams me from above, instantly destroying my Cobra Mk.III.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13077 on: October 17, 2014, 11:40:45 pm »

So, follow some Bradleys into hostile territory. You need to follow in the perilously open jeep, when there is no reason you couldn't be riding in the Bradleys at least a little bit of the way. Oh, and there's machine gunners hiding behind every piece of brush. Every last one. Have fun driving the jeep, lieutenant!  :D

OFP: CWC

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13078 on: October 18, 2014, 12:36:00 am »

Does me dying of laughter count?

I was playing Medieval II: Total War, and I was attacking a rebel town with a new general. I decide to listen to his pre-battle speech, expecting the usual comments about how killing the rebels would be a blessing because it would get them away from the shrill whores they call wives, stuff like that.

Instead, the general launches into a clearly-not-at-all-prepared speech in which he forgets his lines, rambles about the weather and the food, and at one point realizes that yes, he's going into battle and it might not be a very nice experience. His soldiers clearly don't know what the fuck is going on, since they don't cheer once during the speech.
(spoiler alert: we win anyway)

Okay...actual death (or close enough, anyway). The Pope calls a crusade on Cairo, and I, being a good Catholic English King, decide to send my faction leader and a large army by ship. They draw closer and closer until, two turns away from landing in Egypt, the faction leader dies of supposedly-natural causes. This causes EVERY. SINGLE. UNIT in his army to desert on the next turn (despite still being on ships, and no I have no idea how they got away), which means I lost thousands of florins worth of soldiers and mercenaries, not to mention my faction leader, for absolutely no gain whatsoever. We never even freaking landed in Egypt.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 01:11:57 am by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13079 on: October 18, 2014, 06:31:44 am »

Need one more Alatreon tail for my lance, so I cut off his tail, carved it and allowed him to violently murder me so the quest would end.

And I ended up carving yet another azure dragongem from his tail, like I did the last time I fought him.
What does the desire sensor want from me?

Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.
Pages: 1 ... 870 871 [872] 873 874 ... 1575