Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373699 times)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13035 on: October 12, 2014, 03:39:47 pm »

same mission as last time, except I realized you can capture the enemy panzerkleins before they get in them. Captured two PKs, proceeded to mow down the enemy infantry with the heavy machine gun one, while the laser gun one sat in the back picking off the enemy PKs

Finally got everyone down, including the leader. Combat ends and it goes into real-time mode, so I eject my squad leader from his PK to heal him... and instantly, like... literally the instant he pops out the game jumps into combat mode and he explodes and dies in one hit. I assume there was one last enemy PK that sniped him from out of visual range, because I dunno WTF else it could have been.

Sucks because you can't save in combat so I have to do the whole thing over again. It's not even hard once you steal the PKs, just like a half hour of slowwwwwwwwwly stomping around mowing down helpless infantry.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13036 on: October 12, 2014, 03:47:46 pm »

One of the worst wilderness encounters is a pack of wolves. They're like Evil Dogs and come at you from all sides.
Blight wolves maybe are worse, but mubari are definitely worse than regular wolves.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13037 on: October 12, 2014, 10:46:03 pm »

Still stuck on Strange Meeting. Still can't beat the mission before properly to skip Strange Meeting altogether; I was about to evac after taking the town when a bloody HIND helicopter showed up from nowhere to shoot down our transport. I had grabbed a LAW earlier, but I have no idea if it's good for ground-to-air. But it didn't matter--it was empty; I had never checked to see if there was anything in it. That's the first death/failure.

The next death comes during yet another attempt at Strange Meeting. With an astonishing six squad mates surviving the assault on the farm and making it through the forest ambush totally unscathed, our squad leader again takes us around the hillside and right into the second ambush, instead of going over the hill and gaining the high ground.

The Russian machine gunners didn't even bother shooting at us, they just tossed some grenades. The entire squad was dead before anybody (except me, natch) had noticed the Russians.

Operation Flashpoint.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 10:47:46 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13038 on: October 12, 2014, 11:00:21 pm »

Gave up in utter defeat against Triple Goro. Barely being able to down one of them, with no lifebar left and Goro having plenty of ways to sneak in damage through missile spam, and Triple Goro seems on paper at least, totally f'ing impossible. Maybe with Stryker or Rayden. But Ermac? I don't think I'm that good. And this is after beating Triple Shao Khan.

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13039 on: October 12, 2014, 11:22:31 pm »

Even Max Payne can't survive a point-blank shotgun blast to the chest.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #13040 on: October 13, 2014, 06:29:22 am »

Tried to blow up a shop to steal the shinies within, got a facefull of buckshot for my troubles.

Yet Another Spelunky Mod.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13041 on: October 13, 2014, 12:34:02 pm »

Also, since I missed it the first time:

Wolf Packs in DA:O are easy. You just focus fire on one at a time until it's dead and move on to the next. Prioritize the ones attacking your squishies.

Also copious stuns to keep them from murderalating.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13042 on: October 13, 2014, 12:54:20 pm »

From what I remember, focusing fire on one didn't help much when the other 8 used their knockdown-maul attack on all 4 party members simultaneously.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13043 on: October 13, 2014, 12:58:34 pm »

So after almost one thousand days of adventuring, Igna Kiesselainen decided to crop the numerous njerpez camps that spawned in recent time. Jolly good axefighting, and thinning out their numbers with sneaky neck-cutting in the night helped lots.

Four camps later she got enough wounds (and loot) to decide to take a break and return home to her sheep and pet dog and her neatly squared farms.

So she gathered her loot (ton of fur clothes and ring/mail armors and spare weapons), patched those 42% of wounds, and then wen-*TWANG*

Turns out there were 10 njeprez in this one camp, not 9.

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13044 on: October 13, 2014, 05:16:34 pm »

Playing heavily modded skyrim.  Companions fighting giant outside Whiterun.

Fire arrow at giant, miss giant, headshot one of the companions instead.

Oops.

Giant dies, big guy in heavy armor, wearing eyeshadow, charges at me with sword.

Sword hits, one shot, launched into the sky.

Spaaaaaaace.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13045 on: October 13, 2014, 05:37:51 pm »

Farkas confirmed for Giantborn

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13046 on: October 13, 2014, 05:50:01 pm »

Oops.

Giant dies, big guy in heavy armor, wearing eyeshadow, charges at me with sword.

Spaaaaaaace.

I BELIEVE I CAN FLLYYY
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #13047 on: October 13, 2014, 06:13:36 pm »

Oops.

Spaaaaaaace.

He just wanted you to have the experience of fighting a giant yourself :P
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tjoh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13048 on: October 14, 2014, 06:44:12 am »

It can hear the motion detector.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13049 on: October 14, 2014, 07:56:02 am »

Mission to recover and repair a Galaxy-class ship that was disabled, deep in Borg space. I clear about half the map, using Steamrunners to bombard a line of turrets. I get a message to a Cube is making a run on the ship. Luckily, the Enterprise and her fleet are near enough to make it warp. Or so I had thought. Before I realized the repair ship was slowing everyone else down, the Cube got there first.

Next attempt, I ditch the repair ship and beat the Cube there. However, it two-shots the Galaxy before the Enterprise's group can destroy it. Multiple attempts have the same result.

Reverted to an older save, built some Defiants and researched antimatter mines to give the Cube a little surprise. I run for the ship at full warp even before the message about the Cube appears.

There was an entire Borg fleet waiting for me by the Galaxy, including several Spheres and a Cube. They also fired on the ship.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 868 869 [870] 871 872 ... 1575