Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 867 868 [869] 870 871 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373854 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13020 on: October 11, 2014, 10:41:27 am »

I tried a mission where you have to fly the helicopter. I don't understand how to fly the helicopter.

Operation Flashpoint CWC.

Basically, you use the Q and Z(I think? Are those the defaults? It's been a while) to change altitude. You pitch the craft forward(with W or mouse up if you use mouse control) to go forward, and changing altitude can increase your speed(rising speeds you up because your engine puts out more forces, falling speeds up because you're... well, falling). Do not lean too much forward. This all applies with going backwards(S key). A and D strafe to the sides, if I recall.

Turning on auto-hover greatly limits how far you can change pitch. Useful if you want to land(and still fly afterwards), or if you're positioned low from a distant enough static or slow target, or multiple targets and want to attack them without moving much.

It takes some practice, but it's fun. Try flying the plane next.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13021 on: October 11, 2014, 11:55:39 am »

Our squad was ordered to break off from the convoy and check out reports of an enemy presence at some random farm. I thought I'd be clever and keep with the convoy, hopefully ending the mission early without our squad getting brutalized. The convoy supposedly comes under attack once you've been away for a while, but I figure that's just a scripted thing.

No such luck, the convoy actually does come under attack near Morton. An RPG destroyed our truck and killed the entire squad, including myself.

Operation Flashpoint. Simulations are cool.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13022 on: October 11, 2014, 12:26:12 pm »

I suggest playing the game and finding out yourself, especially if you like 'point and click' adventure style games... albeit with easier/fewer puzzles (really only a few per scenario), with a psycho stalking you quite often and myriad ways to hide or temporarily fend him off. And it has a total of four playable characters (two heroines, with an option to play as a male character important to each lady in the second scenario - not that it really makes a difference in playstyle), ten endings, excellent chase music and terrible voice acting! I guess it's obvious I have a lot of nostalgia for it.
I second all of this. I played it very recently and while the first scene was really off-putting as I learned the controls as soon as scissorman appeared all I could think about was running away. It's a really cool game. Ended up beating it in the space of a couple days.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13023 on: October 11, 2014, 12:49:36 pm »

There's a bonus mission where you have to sneak into a base, blow up some tanks, and get out of Dodge. Well, I manage to blow up the tanks and start ascending a hillside next to the base.

The guards from the base start firing blindly into the hillside. One shot catches me right in the head, at ranges that would be absurd for what I think hit me (machine gunner).

Operation Flashpoint.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13024 on: October 11, 2014, 01:59:22 pm »

There's a bonus mission where you have to sneak into a base, blow up some tanks, and get out of Dodge. Well, I manage to blow up the tanks and start ascending a hillside next to the base.

The guards from the base start firing blindly into the hillside. One shot catches me right in the head, at ranges that would be absurd for what I think hit me (machine gunner).

Operation Flashpoint.
My solution was a vehicle and abandoning your pals (if you had any).
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13025 on: October 11, 2014, 02:26:40 pm »

Operation Flashpoint.

Depends on the gun but heavier ones are designed to be effective at up to a couple kilometers.  You're also talking about a pretty substantial volume of fire.
Shoes...

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13026 on: October 11, 2014, 02:40:01 pm »

Savage mountain orcs one-hit me. I am also a savage orc in just about every way except I have a shield. I forgot how good the AI is with most of the combat settings at default.

The Last Days of the Third Age of Middle-Earth (A Mount&Blade mod).

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13027 on: October 11, 2014, 03:16:54 pm »

Started the map at the bottom of a ridge, enemy spots me like 3 seconds in because grenadiers have completely worthless stealth skill.

Insert epic battle with my sniper picking guys off the ridge one by one,  my scout sneaking up the ridge and attacking from the side from stealth so they don't see him (using silent SMG), my soldier gets a bunch trying to flank us with full auto from an MG42, my medic running around desperately patching up everyone's wounds, my grenadier gets shot up trying to get into grenade range but actually survives and manages to blow a few up and my engineer stands around missing the enemy and being useless because it's a useless class.

Finally, all the enemies are dead! Time to collect the documents or WTF ever I'm here for.... then it suddenly enters combat mode again and my grenadier is just completely obliterated instantly, I can't even recover him, he's just dead.

Turns out I got to the first map that has panzerkleins. Everyone dumps fire into it but I guess they are bulletproof, it blows away my sniper and soldier with one shot each in a single round. Scout makes a suicide run with a grenade... and kills it!

Then a second one stomps onto the screen and one-shots my squad leader which is an instant fail. >:(

I thought people were exaggerating when they said they ruined the game but I guess not.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Rahjital

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13028 on: October 11, 2014, 04:17:45 pm »

I teleport into the last map and check my gear. Plenty of ammo for all guns and healthy with medkits to spare, armor has a few dents but that's okay. I go outside the room and meet a pair of laser-armed scientists right behind them, so I put an SMG mag into each of them and continue onwards. The level is ominously empty apart from a few security cameras, so I loot everything I can and go on towards the final boss. I reach a hallway and alert a pair of welder bots, a tough nut to crack but not that dangerous, so I retreat a bit to take potshots at them from distance...

... and hear too familiar humming and beeping from behind as a door opens and reveals four squid bots focusing their lasers. 'Yeah, I'm dead'. But it's a miracle, only the closest fires and grazes me! I'm half dead, but before it can shoot again I kill it and its friends with a railgun. Good, that's it, now it's time to heal up and- ZAP-ZAP-ZAP-ZAP-ZAP-ZAP

I forgot about the welders :(

Operation Flashpoint.

I think you can steal the tanks (it's possible in the campaign missions, should be in the standalones too). Kill the crew if there is any relaxing nearby, climb into the turret and unleash mayhem. Then drive the tank off to a safe place, blow it up with explosives and continue on foot. Mind the AT soldiers if you do it, though, they can wreck your ride pretty easily.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13029 on: October 11, 2014, 11:52:08 pm »

During "Strange Meeting", your squad gets wrecked while investigating an enemy presence near the convoy. Having survived the ambush and escaping through the forest with 4 squad members surviving (out of 10 at the start; that's unprecedented success for this mission), our squad leader promptly leads us into a squad of Russian machine gunners hiding just behind the hillside. I, of course, am the first to die.

Operation Flashpoint.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #13030 on: October 11, 2014, 11:58:05 pm »

That sounds like heaven compared to the ARMA 2 singleplayer where if squad member or objective important person dies, you instantly lose.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13031 on: October 12, 2014, 12:49:23 am »

There we were. The immortal, deathless metal army standing at the top of a moderate hill. Our lord promised us the death of the living who dared to wake us up from our nap, or at least assumed he did since we never talked. Their Kabal Fortress could be seen from across the entire planet, or 'map' as the living call it. We had three of our siege monoliths, an active monolith and numberless warriors of undeath. These elv-/eldar/, through their twisted use of BDSM gear as armor, crushed not only multiple space marine chapters, the tyranids and even the orks, but nearly ourselves. The Nightbringer was with us, and thousands of others awaited in space to 'deepstrike' into the battle and thousands more awaited underground to claw their way to the surface and purge this wrectched piece of land!

Then we realized. They outnumber us and also surround us. And had nukes.

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13032 on: October 12, 2014, 01:40:49 am »

Well, now I know the full parameters of when and where Master Core will show up.
The first time I actually fought him, the last post of mine in this thread... was on the maximum intensity, 9.0; I had beat Master Hand on 7.8, so I thought I could try the max. Only once you hit 8.0 or higher, you have no choice but to fight Both Hands, and if you fight Both Hands on intensity 6.1 or higher, you fight Master Core. I learned most of this the hard way.

Anyways, after being beaten with unexpected true final boss fight the last time, I tried fighting Master Core on a lower difficulty; 6.7 to be precise. And I beat him! \o/

Well, this gave me hope. So I tried again. At a higher difficulty... somewhere above 7.5, I don't remember exactly where. He appeared in his Sapiens form again. I apparently can't beat him when he starts in that form, because he just has so much darned stamina. >:( And he keeps throwing the whole darn stage, it's worse than Master Hand's card trick.

I really need to learn how to shield and dodge. :P How did I get to this point without them?

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13033 on: October 12, 2014, 03:17:36 pm »

I can fight through undead monsters, demonic abominations, evil mages, even killed a couple of demons.
But I can't even put up a fight against a room of dogs.
What the fuck game.

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13034 on: October 12, 2014, 03:28:31 pm »

I can fight through undead monsters, demonic abominations, evil mages, even killed a couple of demons.
But I can't even put up a fight against a room of dogs.
What the fuck game.

One of the worst wilderness encounters is a pack of wolves. They're like Evil Dogs and come at you from all sides.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 867 868 [869] 870 871 ... 1575