Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 858 859 [860] 861 862 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374315 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12885 on: September 25, 2014, 10:45:34 am »

I forgot how to time the mega on Furious Heights.

Quake Live

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12886 on: September 25, 2014, 10:48:46 am »

My palace was destroyed by my own soldiers in a coup d'état. Even after all I did to keep the people happy..

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't know about T3(I have it, but don't have internet to run Steam), but in the first game, I think military can coup even with a moderately happy population. The soldiers can be happy, but if the military faction doesn't respect you, you had better hope those soldiers are really happy. I remember a time when half my military(2 of the 4 palace guards) tried to launch a coup. The remainder of the army(all 2 of them) managed to kill half the revolters' force. The coup ended, and the survivors immediately went rebel.

Actually, I think he tried to launch a popular uprising(by himself) after the coup and then rebelled when the uprising(immediately) failed.

I have no idea what I did to that guy...

Killed by some bandit juggernauts.
You'd better fix this before I go get my spellbook.
Too late
Because meteors get boring.

I've always wondered, but where the hell does all that water come from? I remember Squirtle using it in the anime, and there's no way in hell it can blast that much water with that much pressure from the volume of just its shell.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12887 on: September 25, 2014, 10:57:58 am »

I've always wondered, but where the hell does all that water come from? I remember Squirtle using it in the anime, and there's no way in hell it can blast that much water with that much pressure from the volume of just its shell.
The same way that monkeys can control fire, and blue metal disks can float around and control people's minds. Through the power of Japan.

That or there's a portal to the water dimension inside him.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12888 on: September 25, 2014, 11:22:26 am »

The same way that monkeys can control fire, and blue metal disks can float around and control people's minds. Through the power of Japan.

You can't explain Pokey mans.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12889 on: September 25, 2014, 11:26:45 am »

Dehydrated water.  Or compressed water!
Both explanations being ludicrous - water does not compress easily at all.  But if you have a magically strong reservoir, and a magically powerful way to pump more water in, then maybe...  Could explain the force behind the water blasts too.

Actually I think you'd need a two-reservoir system.  A tiny high-pressure reservoir connected to the hoses, fed by a large absurdly-high-pressure reservoir for storage.

For a rough idea of the pressures we're talking about: Modern nuclear submarines seem to have a lowest depth of about half a mile before they're expected to crumple.  If we go twelve times as deep, six miles under the ocean, the water is only about 5% compressed.  I haven't watched the show in a long time, but it sounds like we need *at least* 100% compression.  Probably more like 1000%.

So we're talking about an adamantine reservoir with adamantine mechanisms for refilling and delivering the water.  Refilling would take astronomical amounts of energy, almost all of which would be wasted on delivery...  The potential energy is there in the tank's pressure, but the water cannons clearly don't use it.  Perhaps an adamantine turbine system reclaims the energy and stores it in a magically high-capacity battery to power the refueling process.

Or uh, yeah maybe there's a portal to the elemental plane of water.

You should have said so earlier, ninja!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12890 on: September 25, 2014, 11:31:02 am »

You should have said so earlier, ninja!
huehuehuehue >:3 *poof*

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12891 on: September 25, 2014, 12:15:35 pm »

Fluffy was at the dam after all. I had put my rifle away thinking he was gone and started to loot. Turn around to see him padding through the door. That sickening feeling when you know you are dead two seconds before and cant do anything about it.

I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12892 on: September 25, 2014, 01:30:39 pm »

Pokemon goes in pokeball, Pokemon comes out of pokeball.  Can't explain that.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12893 on: September 25, 2014, 01:51:35 pm »

Pokemon goes in pokeball, Pokemon comes out of pokeball.  Can't explain that.
Pokemons are digital data.  Thats the only explanation.  Ash is in a digital world, and he refuses to face up to it, unlike his Digimon cousins.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12894 on: September 25, 2014, 02:55:01 pm »

Goddammit pisskop its a meme
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12895 on: September 25, 2014, 02:56:57 pm »

shhhh  Admittance is the first step.

(my meme is guaranteed to be older)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 02:59:09 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12896 on: September 25, 2014, 03:06:56 pm »

IIRC pokeballs work by converting the matter of the Pokemon to energy and vice-versa (the fact that said amount of energy for larger Pokemon could very easily crack the world notwithstanding). Maybe squirtle works in the same way, creating the water from the energy it creates through matter annihilation of anything it eats (which would also explain why Pokemon never have to go to the bathroom).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12897 on: September 25, 2014, 03:15:11 pm »

Man, the Trainer can catch God.

Pokemon is a fucking awesome world to live in. Gods are bowing to men! Although the animal abuse problem is massive...

Now that'd be a cool mod for Democracy 3 or something. Run a pokemon region.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12898 on: September 25, 2014, 03:27:54 pm »

The question is whether or not the Supreme Creator of the Poke on universe is actually serving the trainer, or if It just goes along for shits and giggles.

I mean, you don't see Arceus distorting reality, It just sort of.... fight.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12899 on: September 25, 2014, 03:29:18 pm »

The question is whether or not the Supreme Creator of the Poke on universe is actually serving the trainer, or if It just goes along for shits and giggles.

I mean, you don't see Arceus distorting reality, It just sort of.... fight.

The idea that Arceus is doing it fortehlawls has made my day. Mostly because I assume he spends most of his lifedaytimestuff just messing around.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 858 859 [860] 861 862 ... 1575