Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 854 855 [856] 857 858 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374543 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12825 on: September 15, 2014, 12:41:47 pm »

Reached HR5, so I thought to myself, what better way to celebrate than to take on the HR5 Alatreon event quest solo?

In hindsight, I probably should've just abandoned the quest after the FIRST time I got two-shotted. Most of the fight was just me trying to dodge his attacks while pitifully hitting him every now and then.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12826 on: September 15, 2014, 02:02:59 pm »

After a particularly vicious fight to secure the temple that left me with only six Hydralisks (still a presentable force, mind you. Hydralisks are fucking boss in Heart of the Swarm.), three Ultralisks (All with like 1/3rd health left, so one full health Ultralisk that gets three attacks and bodies. :P ) and ZERO ZERGLINGS. Completely out. This had never happened before, because I got the Swarmling strain of Zergling, so I get SWARMS of them. Three for the cost of one.

I immediately spawned the full contingent of three Hatcheries worth of Larva as Swarmlings. Instantly I am rewarded with 81 Swarmlings. (3 per egg, 9 eggs per hatchery, 3 hatcheries.) I send them to Stukov, where he is holding the temple against the Taldarim assault. The ultralisks died quickly to the basic Protoss, and my Hydralisks died to the two Hybrids. The eighty-one Zerglings only arrived as Stukov died finally, and they were quickly destroyed by the Hybrids without any support from Stukov.

The failure of this assault meant I would have to spawn a whole new assault force, and GET TO the Temple again. I didn't have enough time. :/

StarCraft 2 Heart of the Swarm
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12827 on: September 16, 2014, 10:39:14 pm »

I go to open a blue key door. It turns out that it is not in fact a door, but a booby trap that opens two monster closets right behind me. Considering that MAP02 is almost entirely made of monster closets, I was not surprised.

Memento Mori, a megawad for Doom 2.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12828 on: September 17, 2014, 10:54:10 am »

Played around with the spikes and it turns out you can swing into them while still on the bat-chain thing

Super Castlevania
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12829 on: September 17, 2014, 12:25:26 pm »

I hate Men O' War, except when they're almost dead from fighting anothe country's ships so I can board them both.

ACIV
Black lives matter.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12830 on: September 17, 2014, 03:14:58 pm »

I shot just about everywhere except at the Nazis, and got killed by a medium-sized cluster of brown shirts.

Wolfenstein 3D Touch for Android. It's much, much better on the phone than on tablets.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12831 on: September 17, 2014, 04:19:10 pm »

I just played a round as a waiter on a slow night on our station. We didn't have many patrons, but the one had were very dedicated and gave us much respect. But that calm time was stopped when a troublemaker clown popped in and made a mess with helluva of paper. When I threw him out, he started screaming something about a revolution or something. A pal of his told him to burn down the bar, and I noticed the name of the clown. Comrade Honkers or something like that. He ran away, and I was forced to  clean the dirty bar. But I planned a cunning revenge plan quickly. I noticed that the joker was running near the joint very often, so I thought that an ambush was in order. I picked up a Zippo lighter, a pack of smokes and a bottle of the finest rum we had. I smoked one of the cigs, and went out to search for the clown. I found him near the escape pods, just standing around. I pulled out my bottle and bashed it on the back of the head of the clown, and I ran, giggling incessantly. I decided that a further punishment should be applied to the foul beast, so I returned to the alcohol soaked clown. Then suddenly an electric storm struck and we lost the lights. I saw this as an occasin to strike. When he wasn't looking, I snuck up behind him and pulled out my trusty Zippo and lit it. And then I set the clown ablaze. The started screaming, shouting, but nothing was coherent. No one came. I tried to put him out, as I thought he had enough, but I was too late. I killed that poor man... for littering? What have I become? But then an occasion to redeem myself has shown. I overheard the radio saying: "Security to AI, Syndicate attacking!". I picked u pa bottle of gin and sipped a little. I ran to the AI Upload chamber and I saw heavy combat between Security and Bots versus the Syndicate killers. One of them was disguised as the Captain and was uploading new laws to the AI. I seen that my interference was needed, that without me the station would fall under the combined force of Syndicate and a rouge AI. I rushed between the lasers and hit the captain wannabe in the head with the bottle, but I didn't ahev enough time to set him on fire. I was forced to run, but the lasers of the Syndicate hit me in the back. So much pain! And those bastards weren't content with that - one of them pulled out an energy sword and cut my head pretty badly. I felt my blood flowing out quickly, and I knew that I would die soon, but I was unable to move, or fight. I died due to the massive blood loss. And I didn't even got to see the end - I lost connection  to Yogstation and I had to restart my PC. Overall, one of the most fun games I've played in a while.

I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12832 on: September 18, 2014, 07:03:55 am »

Temporarily set back on getting the achirvements that require over 200 people as about 15-20% of my population died of a most horrible disease: old age. I built a large cemetary with 63 graves, and within 3 years it was full. It was wave after wave of "...the Farmer has died of old age. There is no laborer to replace...". Even letting over a dozen nomads into town didn't slow it down.

On the plus side, we now have almost a full year's worth of food(ignoring non-farm income like gatherers, then it's much higher) stored and some more ready for trade.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12833 on: September 18, 2014, 12:28:51 pm »

Temporarily set back on getting the achirvements that require over 200 people as about 15-20% of my population died of a most horrible disease: old age. I built a large cemetary with 63 graves, and within 3 years it was full. It was wave after wave of "...the Farmer has died of old age. There is no laborer to replace...". Even letting over a dozen nomads into town didn't slow it down.

On the plus side, we now have almost a full year's worth of food(ignoring non-farm income like gatherers, then it's much higher) stored and some more ready for trade.

Oh yeah, my second game I didn't build enough houses for young couples to move into so they weren't making babies and all ended up old and childless.
I kind of gave up on that town, even though the population was recovering the labour was spread way too thin.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #12834 on: September 18, 2014, 12:38:33 pm »

Dark Souls II DLC is hardcore. Everything has massive immunity to all but physical damage (and it doesn't help that they nerfed offensive miracles to crap). Then I found they have an equivalent to Artorias.

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12835 on: September 18, 2014, 02:28:12 pm »

Tasered in the ass, repeatedly and enthusiastically, by a small flying robot.

Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #12836 on: September 18, 2014, 02:41:17 pm »

Tasered in the ass, repeatedly and enthusiastically, by a small flying robot.

Ugh fuck those taser bots >:(
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

aireoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12837 on: September 18, 2014, 02:44:26 pm »

Explosive decompression due to catastrophic hull failure.

I don't post much, but the forums I'm even slightly active in I have a huge passion for.

In regards to DF, I've been playing for almost 8 years, since the earliest of editions, love this game.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12838 on: September 18, 2014, 06:56:00 pm »

Anybody who's played a significant amount of DOOM, I challenge you to say without irony that you like E3M2.

The Ultimate Doom.

Spoiler: explanation (click to show/hide)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12839 on: September 18, 2014, 07:09:27 pm »

Spoiler: Actual spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwarf Fortress
Pages: 1 ... 854 855 [856] 857 858 ... 1575