Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 849 850 [851] 852 853 ... 1572

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2326544 times)

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12750 on: August 26, 2014, 01:56:28 am »

Well, I didn't die, but I did hit a grey block at the end of a 22 minute song. Almost had a clear run through it. So damn close.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #12751 on: August 26, 2014, 02:39:54 am »

THAT GODDAMN BUNNY

Five Nights at Freddie's
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12752 on: August 26, 2014, 02:49:02 am »

Earlier I was playing FFXIV with a friend when they brought me along to an event that I was too low a level for.

A few hours afterwards my computer said "Fuck You" and promptly failed.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12753 on: August 28, 2014, 09:22:36 pm »

I saw a gap with no way around it, so I decided to levitate over it. However, I hadn't identified any potions yet. My solution? Drink every potion, one after the other!

I drank paralysis, poison gas, and something else that finally killed me.

Pixel Dungeon
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12754 on: August 29, 2014, 08:30:48 pm »

I died twice on the same level. That was an awkward spot to start in.

Surrounded by hard rock that gave me extremely limited space, I decided to push left in pursuit of the scarce few gold deposits I could see. I break into a lava cavern with a solid ground path going somewhere. My imps walk along, claiming it, when out comes a mixed team of about eight goodly mages, elves, giants, and guards. My military of three level one warlocks stood no chance.

After that, I suddenly realized there was a route to the right. I pursue that one, hoping to get around the mob of heroes, when I breach another tunnel. Great fun! It is followed and leads to a hero gate which immediately spews out a similar horde. Dead.

The next game I demolished all the walls I could and built a library, hatchery, training area, and lair. I got seven salamanders and three warlocks, trained them until I ran out of gold, and pushed back out to the left and stomped the goodly heroes. The level was easy enough after that.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12755 on: August 29, 2014, 08:33:46 pm »

Damn, I never thought new-age Mario bosses could be so DIFFICULT. Particularly in only World 6.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12756 on: August 29, 2014, 08:59:26 pm »

All my chips were deleted in a Roll vs Roll matchup, had no way of deleting the other Roll's chips as a result.
Round 10 ends, other Roll is declared victor for deleting more chips.
Only on bracket D here, with Turboman Starter.

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12757 on: August 29, 2014, 11:14:22 pm »

The monsters teleported me to a forest, and then a weird red hell world with a spinny thing that kinda freaked me out. Not actual "deaths", but the closest possible thing to failure in this game.

Yume Nikki.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Jalak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12758 on: August 30, 2014, 01:10:50 am »

Started off next to a "natural" cave and thought that it would be a great place to start my base in. It even had a "naturally" long corridor-like entrance for me to use as a choke point!
Turned out to be home to a bunch of dwarves that were none too happy with a level-1 warlock and his party of four imps interrupting their nap.

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12759 on: August 31, 2014, 09:30:25 am »

Got stabbed to death by a sailor because I slapped him for being an obscene jackass.

I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12760 on: September 01, 2014, 01:20:24 am »

The pre-Cat G train is the single most evil level in the entire game. It gives you a badass VS to use, but it's surprisingly limited in mobility because of how narrow the train cars are and any explosion (which there are many) can stumble you and make you fall off the train easily, especially since you can't dodge grenades or rockets nearly as well as you could on foot, or even a VS on literally any mission aside from this one.

Anyway: My only human player ally grabbed the VS while I was fighting some enemy footsoldiers. He turns to the left and starts shooting at the same guys when a rocket comes screaming out of nowhere and hits him - staggering his VS right off the goddamn train, and losing the mission because we ran out of battle gauge.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12761 on: September 01, 2014, 02:42:39 am »

The pre-Cat G train is the single most evil level in the entire game. It gives you a badass VS to use, but it's surprisingly limited in mobility because of how narrow the train cars are and any explosion (which there are many) can stumble you and make you fall off the train easily, especially since you can't dodge grenades or rockets nearly as well as you could on foot, or even a VS on literally any mission aside from this one.

Anyway: My only human player ally grabbed the VS while I was fighting some enemy footsoldiers. He turns to the left and starts shooting at the same guys when a rocket comes screaming out of nowhere and hits him - staggering his VS right off the goddamn train, and losing the mission because we ran out of battle gauge.

You do know there are abilities you can select that prevent you from being stunned right..? I use T-ENG Convservation and VS Critical I (so I can kill robits with my masheen gun >:3).

The first part is a turkey shoot. Tons of guns on the car to get you loaded up and the only thing that's going to explode you and throw you off the train is the turrets, which have shit range and don't move so as long as you don't waste time you can nail them minutes before they can even target you. The game has pretty good draw distance so stuff shows up even if you don't have a weapon with good zoom. The only thing that can do any appreciable damage are the snipers who are damn good shots and will headshot you even if you're walking and especially while you're atop the car, and the gatling VSes that drop men with shotguns onto your car, which will stunlock you to hell if you let them land.

After you've made the jump onto the enemy train there can be some trouble since some bad guys have rocket launchers (they never ever ever throw grenades even on max difficulty) but there are at least two VSes, a small biped transformer and one normal type with two gun mounts. The large VSes don't move very much when they're staggered so as long as you stand in the center of the cars you shouldn't fall off ever (but that wasn't your fault :p). IIRC you only need to reach the gun car at the front of the train to move on, but I know there's some data points around that give you valuable T-ENG. If that's how I remember it, then just pick a side and keep running, shoot guys that get in your way, don't go through the cars grapple over them. Unless you're standing still or being shot at from directly in front or behind even if you're in a VS you're not going to get blasted by rockets since the train is moving and AI don't know to aim ahead to compensate for that. Sometimes the blast can catch you but AI take their time to aim on any difficulty setting so just don't wait around.

If you're in those standard VS, the ones with two mounts, (assuming you're playing with a controller) if you hold down the left thumbstick you can mash B/circle to capture data points without having to disembark, which is by far the most useful thing ever. It also worked in Lost Planet 1. Read the manual (not sure if there's an in-game one..?) if you have it because the individual VSes all have a few unique controls that are super fucking useful that you should know about. Like how to use the sword/chainsaw and transform and hover and activate flight mode and self-destruct and stuff.

Also, learn where the critical hit areas are on VSes. Some of them are pretty obvious some are not. But if you know them even if you're on the ground with only a sniper rifle (which is IMHO the worst weapon to be using when fighting a VS) you can stun them and bring em' down with some Gum or Grenade IIs. You want either shotguns or something with good rate of fire and hammer those crit areas so you can stunlock them to death. Grenades and launchers work too but IMO they're best if they can't see you and it's kind of hard to put yourself in that sort of position what with the way the AI works.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 02:48:15 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #12762 on: September 01, 2014, 03:09:06 am »

This one almost killed me IRL. So, after putting a measly 83 minutes into the game before giving up on it, I decided to play Five Nights At Freddy's again. In the car, that is, to pass the time on the way to family vacation for labor day weekend. So here I am, laptop in the car, playing the game. I've never screamed at a game before (except maybe in rage). Not even this one. But this is the first time I'd played it with headphones on. Second night, watching diligently for the bunny that always kill me, I suddenly think "where's the duck?" and start flipping through cameras, and sure enough I put them down and the duck's right there in the room. I scream, my dad curses and nearly loses control of the car on the freeway, causing everyone else to curse. Lesson learned, don't play FN@F in the car.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12763 on: September 01, 2014, 03:32:28 am »

-snerp-

I've wanted to take a car trip recently, but I realized that I only really enjoyed gaming for hours at a time in the car. That and continental breakfast at hotels.

Goo charged me and killed me when I was starving. It really is luck-of-the-draw whether or not you get enough food in the first few levels, which is kind of a downer on this game for me. Still, accounting for the difference in scale, I've gotten much farther in this than in Nethack.

Pixel Dungeon.

By the time you reach the third special stage, you have to collect almost every ring and not get hit even once. Also, it deposited me right beside the boss with only a handful of rings yet again.

Sonic 2.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12764 on: September 01, 2014, 03:35:22 am »

Haha!  I got your chests! All 3 of them! I have outsmarted you, you flat chested who-!  *dies to sexy beam*

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 849 850 [851] 852 853 ... 1572