Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 845 846 [847] 848 849 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370167 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12690 on: August 16, 2014, 02:08:42 pm »

Apparently, given a pair of easy-to-meet conditions*, crossbowmen can deal in excess of three thousand damage a shot. That proved to be enough damage to kill seventy percent of my army before I could breach the walls, starting with my only major shooters.

HoMM V.

*One: Dougal, Level Eighteen.
Two: Divine Strength.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12691 on: August 17, 2014, 02:36:06 pm »

Not *mine*, but... I lost dozens of Guardsmen - probably close to a hundred, actually - to the Mad Mek. All of my units did almost no damage and he could instantly destroy any vehicle I sent, as well as instakill any one model with a direct hit from his multi-shot rocket launcher, so I just started spamming Guardsmen squads and heavy weapons teams with autocannons. We killed him. Eventually.
Spoiler: The Imperial Guard Way (click to show/hide)

Dawn of War II - Retribution Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II - Retribution™

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12692 on: August 17, 2014, 02:41:44 pm »

Did you kill him by blinding him with flashlights, therefore making him fall off a cliff, or did you make him drown in the blood of dead guardsmen?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12693 on: August 17, 2014, 02:52:11 pm »

Did you kill him by blinding him with flashlights, therefore making him fall off a cliff, or did you make him drown in the blood of dead guardsmen?
He didn't move around enough to get near one of the many abyssal pits, unfortunately, and he had a tendency to teleport guardsmen to the other side of the room when they got close. With their dying breath, my loyal Guardsmen of the Emperor threw their flashlights at the Mad Mek, eventually giving him a concussion that made him black out. 'Tis the Guard way.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12694 on: August 18, 2014, 06:35:58 am »

My first time playing Battle Royale (mod for ARMA 3), a short story:

Why the hell had I been chosen for this? I was just a [insert menial labour here] assistant, and now I was to engage in a free for all deathmatch with 31 other people. Only... one... survivor... I had never shot a gun before, hell, we were not even issued guns, the thought was that we would all have to scavenge for them as we made landfall on the small island off the coast.
Find a gun, kill everyone else, survive and you are free.

That was the plan anyways.

I started to sweat and could hear my own heartbeat as I looked over my fellow "chosen ones" in the aircraft carrying us to our destination. Some of them looked as scared as me, others bobbed their heads up and down rhytmically as one person performed a perfect rendition of Darude - Sandstorm using only his mouth. I assume he was a professional beat boxer before this.

All of a sudden, we were thrown out of the plane, if you were lucky you had looked up how a parachute worked before this. Two people were not so lucky and painted the farmlands below with their bloodied corpses. I pulled my string early, thinking I would get as far away from everyone else as possible, maybe find a nice shack to hole up in until everyone had killed everyone else and I would win by default.
The air tugged at my clothes as I slowly descended on the far corner of the island, aiming for a deserted farmhouse.

Closing in on the ground I tried to steer the parachute to land in the 'courtyard' of the farmhouse, but I misjudged the turning speed and hit the roof instead, stumbling from the forwards momentum I immediately fell off the edge and broke my neck.

3 down, 29 to go.

Looking for a new server.

EDIT: Heh, I thought I was about to cheese myself to victory in my fourth game. I managed to get to a care package dropped from an airplane. I found a rebreather. I proceeded to spend the rest of my time under the sea, singing the song associated with that.
The plan would have worked too, if not for you meddling kids if I had rememberd that the blue zone will shrink every few minutes and moved towards the center. Instead I was happy sitting on the seabed singing like a crab which meant that went the circle shrank I didn't have time to swim there :p I am fucking loving this mod.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 08:46:21 am by Aptus »

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12695 on: August 18, 2014, 06:47:31 am »

Bloody giant demon thing. I took out the three mages it summoned to fuck with me from these weird plinth things. Just zapping them to bits with fire and lightning and mana seemed to work. However, after killing three enemies your level facing something with 1500 hp tends to kill you rather fast; especially if it stuns you, silences you and then proceeds to remove 200hp like wood in a chipper.

Luckily I had previously consumed a vial of blood which brought me back to life, but that didn't help later on where I died again to something else.

Tales of Maj'Eyal. Playing an Archemage with a tribeam build.
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12696 on: August 18, 2014, 12:09:07 pm »

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12697 on: August 18, 2014, 12:39:36 pm »

This sounds really fun.

It is, I have been playing it pretty much all day.

To stay on topic, last death was being run over by a car as I was hiding in a bush, apparently he had seen me before I took cover :p

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12698 on: August 18, 2014, 03:02:21 pm »

Punched a giant spore and it exploded.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12699 on: August 18, 2014, 03:05:01 pm »

Shot down a small UFO and our tank spotted 4 aliens together in a building, "Okay, we can kill a large amount of them at once." A rocket from our tank blew a huge hole in the building and killed one alien. I then brought out my auto cannon to finish the other 3 with high explosive goodness. But a terrible thing happened and I misclicked. My soldier happily took a step forward and was immediately cut down my reaction fire, before the end of the mission 3 of my 5 soldiers as well as my tank were dead because of that misclick. Also because I forgot to put more people on the ship, and forgot to load our heavy cannon with HE rounds. All in all I goof'd hard on that mission.

Openxcom
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12700 on: August 18, 2014, 03:08:25 pm »

Shot down a small UFO and our tank spotted 4 aliens together in a building, "Okay, we can kill a large amount of them at once." A rocket from our tank blew a huge hole in the building and killed one alien. I then brought out my auto cannon to finish the other 3 with high explosive goodness. But a terrible thing happened and I misclicked. My soldier happily took a step forward and was immediately cut down my reaction fire, before the end of the mission 3 of my 5 soldiers as well as my tank were dead because of that misclick. Also because I forgot to put more people on the ship, and forgot to load our heavy cannon with HE rounds. All in all I goof'd hard on that mission.

Openxcom
Look on the bright side.  You didn't order him to fire at his feet.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12701 on: August 18, 2014, 03:16:49 pm »

Openxcom
Look on the bright side.  You didn't order him to fire at his feet.
There is that, and we haven't completely failed yet. Incompetent as they tend to be you have to give Xcom operatives credit for there willingness to fire High Explosive rounds at their feet without questioning it.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12702 on: August 18, 2014, 04:25:10 pm »

"Yes sir, initiating rocket jump"
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12703 on: August 18, 2014, 04:30:09 pm »

Spoiler: Side note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 04:36:43 pm by Jacob/Lee »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12704 on: August 18, 2014, 09:06:07 pm »

Stupid Magus and his stupid magic basement.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 845 846 [847] 848 849 ... 1575