Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 843 844 [845] 846 847 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370402 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12660 on: August 10, 2014, 07:44:30 pm »

-snip-
-snip-

I picked Marksman because traps seemed like a lot of micromanagement and not very helpful in PvE/instances, but Survivalist was my second choice (and will probably be what I dual spec with).

EDIT:

My brilliant plan of "Fly into Horde starting zones and be a minor nuisance" was once again foiled by the invisible omniscient level 90 "[zone] protector" NPC, who spawns whenever you make a bother and start killing quest NPCs or enemy players inside of a Horde area.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 03:37:33 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12661 on: August 11, 2014, 05:20:01 am »

Using a shard of glass, a pair of wirecutters, a screwdriver, a hatchet and a crowbar, I successfully managed to surgically remove my own brain.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tried to do the last six-star village quest. The one where you have to fight a Deviljho, then a high rank Tigrex and Nargacuga. Jho alone was enough to absolutely devastate me.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 01:33:32 pm by jaxy15 »
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12662 on: August 11, 2014, 06:09:34 pm »

Finally got around to assaulting that alien base. I thought it would be hard, but all the same. Of the six soldiers that assaulted the base, one of which I had to gun down myself, two survived.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 06:34:53 pm by Audioworm333 »
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12663 on: August 11, 2014, 06:20:27 pm »

I got to witness a successful rebellion - and my numerically superior forces wiped out - as we crossed into a territory that apparently had an invisible river.   :-\

Arrh.  It was also too fast of a loss for tthe river to account for all of it.  We lost hard, and I dont know why.

CKII
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12664 on: August 11, 2014, 06:30:44 pm »

Finally got around to assaulting that alien base. I thought it would be hard, but all the same. Of the six soldiers that assaulted the base, one of which I had to gun down myself, two survived.

I'll take it that that is X-Com, but unless you want asteroids with your space invaders, you'd better add the game name somewhere.

Frustrating death: checking if I have any pelts to turn into leather when I hear Lydia die behind me. I turn around to see not one, but two sabre cats. I was so shocked I didn't even consider switching to a melee weapon before I died.
Of course, this was just after bandits attacked the town too. Rorikstead seems to be a dangerous place.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12665 on: August 11, 2014, 11:09:15 pm »

Are you kidding me? I get a code black on a simple abduction mission with sectoids, and one or two missions later I get a terror mission thrown at me.

XCOM Enemy Unknown. Is it normal to get a terror mission in the second month? I'm playing on normal by the way. I don't dare touch classic.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12666 on: August 11, 2014, 11:29:55 pm »

Yup, happens every time.

Hardest part of the whole game, or at least it was pre-expansion.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12667 on: August 11, 2014, 11:31:40 pm »

I can't remember the time frame, but I think the first terror mission always happens on the same date.

I have had companions with me: Boone, Cassidy, Veronica, and Arcade. Boone had Joshua Graham's armor and an anti-material rifle, Cassidy had combat armor and a bush rifle, Veronica had a ballistic fist and T-45 power armor, while Arcade had whatever his regular weapon is, plus combat armor. I was walking to one of the ranger stations to deliver the updated security codes.  I suddenly hear Arcade and Boone open fire, and immediately get a message that Veronica has been knocked unconscious.  I turn around, and see Arcade go flying.  I finish turning around, and see two regular deathclaws and a deathclaw alpha male.  I pull out my anti-material rifle, and quickly kill one of the regular deathclaws with explosive ammunition.  Cassidy and Boone are then knocked unconscious by the alpha male, and I open fire on the second regular deathclaw.  I kill him, but the explosive rounds from my rifle cripples both my arms.  I open fire on the alpha male, but miss my first three shots, and I don't get a chance to make a fourth. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #12668 on: August 12, 2014, 12:39:49 am »

Died to the Angel of Death. Should've used that large medkit I had before fighting him. I had a bunch of great gear too. I had a double chainsaw, red nanofiber skin red armor and almost enough exp to get Berserker. Not to mention the missile launcher and BFG.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12669 on: August 12, 2014, 02:01:05 am »

I wrote a post about how red nanofiber armor is actually not good, only to realize you meant an assembly I hadn't discovered yet :/
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12670 on: August 12, 2014, 11:44:40 am »

why are terror attacks so hard

Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #12671 on: August 12, 2014, 01:07:58 pm »

I wrote a post about how red nanofiber armor is actually not good, only to realize you meant an assembly I hadn't discovered yet :/
Nanofiber skin armor is basically the normal armor but with +25% resistance to everything on top of the armor's original resistances, as well as regenerating 1% per turn after 5 turns of not taking damage, being impossible to unequip, and cannot be destroyed from losing durability. It's an advanced armor assembly that requires 1 level of Whizkid to be able to build.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12672 on: August 12, 2014, 10:56:57 pm »

I combo'd a priest, using Ambush, then Mutilate and whatever the first finisher you get is. She just refused to die, always getting to the brink and going right back to full in a heartbeat. Then, when I was out of focus, she Mind Flay'd me for massive damage.

World of Warcraft. Trying some of the other more effective PvP classes, in this case a rogue.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12673 on: August 13, 2014, 02:24:54 am »

Died repeatedly in my spaceship's medical bay, for inexplicable physics based reasons.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12674 on: August 13, 2014, 04:01:58 pm »

That friggin' dragon tank.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 843 844 [845] 846 847 ... 1575