Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374594 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12600 on: July 31, 2014, 02:19:41 pm »

Not a death per se, but I ran out of multitools trying to break into a megacorp's secret lab from the sewer, and I still needed at least one more to do my mission, thus requiring me to go all the way back out and spend all my credits on more.

All because I didn't want to walk through the front door. (Front door was guarded by four bots, two of which are military bots with rocket launchers, plus all the guards inside the main entrance)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12601 on: July 31, 2014, 06:04:37 pm »

Contrary to my previous belief, jumping off of the edge of a Mystcraft Age does not, in fact, teleport you back to the Overworld the same way a Star Fissure from the same mod does.

Lost all my stuff, too.
Black lives matter.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12602 on: August 01, 2014, 12:19:34 am »

My relatively elite ninja team was absolutely decimated by a pack of rampaging bunnymen. I somehow doubt my extremely strong army would have a problem with them, but I have to send the hero units alone due to it being a one-off instance, rather than a city to take over. Why is this a thing?

What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12603 on: August 01, 2014, 02:38:49 am »

Started (another) game as a Cyberjunkie for the mechanics and electronics levels on character creation. Starting shelter was near a swamp. Nope.avi. Made a nail board and headed out... found a public works building still guarded by a shocker zombie and some friends. Lured them to bushes, timed a dodge wrong and got infection in one leg. Then the other. Create makeshift knife. Cauterize. Cauterize. Cauterize. Nope.avi.

Grab a baseball bat and charge directly at the front door of the local hospital as the first wound heals on its own and the second turns infected. Third wound is still on course for infection. Inside is a pink hell of boomer puke, spitter puke, and decaying zombies (which I assume made me puke). I lost both arms and legs, went down swinging my baseball bat with the shattered remains of my arms against 3 boomers and a decayed nurse. I did take down half a dozen on my way out, though.

And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12604 on: August 01, 2014, 05:22:27 am »

I found a spiral stairway. There's a two-pixel-high strip that's safe to walk on in one section, and going anywhere else means death. And the controls are fairly terrible, so I died plenty of times.

King's Quest IV
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 05:53:16 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12605 on: August 01, 2014, 05:38:24 am »

Orc wizaaaaaaaaaardssssss

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #12606 on: August 01, 2014, 05:42:39 pm »

Grooved my way through almost the entire dungeon without getting hit once, then died in one hit to a blue dragon five steps away from the stairs to the last level.

We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12607 on: August 01, 2014, 05:51:54 pm »

I watched the official trailer just now and my reaction is between  :-\ and  :o

I are confused.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12608 on: August 01, 2014, 07:38:02 pm »

Anyway, my main class is priestess but according to everything I've heard earlygame wizards don't regenerate power fast enough to use spells to kill everything.  So weirdly enough you need to go for the strongest armor you can find until you get the wizard-specific quest artifact which will make you a much more valid spellcaster.  Also you are guaranteed to get Magicbane as your first sacrifice gift, which is one of the better guarenteed gifts, so you should go for that.

My Wiz ascension got through the early game by using daggers. Stock up on those and throw them at anything you need to fight.
Yeah, you're pretty much a throwing knife ninja until you get enough mana and your quest artifact. It's about as wizardly as it sounds. At least it works.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12609 on: August 01, 2014, 08:19:22 pm »

Hm.

TO NETHACK!

...And a fox killed me in six turns.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #12610 on: August 01, 2014, 09:48:15 pm »

Hm.

TO NETHACK!

...And a fox killed me in six turns.

Could be worse, you could've fallen off your horse as a knight and die in the first turn of the game.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12611 on: August 02, 2014, 02:17:27 am »

Nethack time?
Nethack time.

EDIT:

Bit to death by two giant ants as a samurai.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 02:54:50 am by Objective »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12612 on: August 02, 2014, 11:46:04 am »

The CEO of a megacorp declared war on an entire city. In response, I blasted into his main headquarters, fought my way to the fourth floor where his office was. Despite the fact that the his office was protected by an indestructable and unpickable door(and linked to an unhackable keypad), the idiot guards inside opened the door to fight me. I sent several LAMs in to clear them.

I found the CEO cowering in his office. I cut the villain down with my nanosword, and made my way out of the office. Then the game's creator killed me with script functions.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12613 on: August 02, 2014, 12:00:11 pm »

Disarming a shotgun trap.

BLAM! Your head is hit!

Please, somebody tell me how to unkill my character. I'm not going to lose this guy.

Cataclysm. THANK GOODNESS NOBODY CAST METEOR SWARM.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 04:32:12 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12614 on: August 02, 2014, 12:13:04 pm »

Might help to know what game it is, just saying...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 1575