Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374287 times)

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12510 on: July 21, 2014, 07:19:23 pm »

Rex-Cavalier.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12511 on: July 21, 2014, 11:27:57 pm »

Running Caudicus manor with 4 coworkers.  Holy shit, about four wipes per encounter.  People were pulling massive groups that we had no hope to manage, bosses were dishing out one hit KOs like it was candy on Halloween.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12512 on: July 21, 2014, 11:50:44 pm »

Running Caudicus manor with 4 coworkers.  Holy shit, about four wipes per encounter.  People were pulling massive groups that we had no hope to manage, bosses were dishing out one hit KOs like it was candy on Halloween.

Caudecus's Manor isn't too hard though. Only place I tend to struggle is the bit where there's guard dogs that spam Fear on you, where the snipers can OHKO you if you stay still. Most players will skip it.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #12513 on: July 22, 2014, 01:27:24 pm »

The Bell Gargoyles. Oh lawd those Bell Gargoyles. Think they account for my last 15 or 20 deaths.

I actually came this close to killing them once, but I made a critical error and thought that a throwing knife would do enough damage to kill the last one. It didn't.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12514 on: July 22, 2014, 11:18:49 pm »

A marsupial rat hit me and I caught on fire immediately after. I wasn't carrying any potions or anything. Maybe that's what the Glyph of Potential does? :-\

Pixel Dungeon.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12515 on: July 23, 2014, 12:03:56 am »

A marsupial rat hit me and I caught on fire immediately after. I wasn't carrying any potions or anything. Maybe that's what the Glyph of Potential does? :-\

Pixel Dungeon.
Potential    This unleashes a lightning-style blast that will damage the enemy which attacked the player and will damage the Hero/ine by 1 — damageDone (on average half the damage done to the enemy).

This glyph can be used to obtain the Death from a glyph badge.

I get set on fire a lot from Anti-Entropy.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12516 on: July 23, 2014, 01:02:28 am »

Pixel Dungeon.
Potential    This unleashes a lightning-style blast that will damage the enemy which attacked the player and will damage the Hero/ine by 1 — damageDone (on average half the damage done to the enemy).

This glyph can be used to obtain the Death from a glyph badge.

I get set on fire a lot from Anti-Entropy.

Must have been the playthrough where I got anti-entropy then. I lose track of what I have when I do several attempts in a row.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #12517 on: July 23, 2014, 01:13:49 am »

Quelaag did this fiery radius explosion thingy that caught me off guard and one shot me.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12518 on: July 23, 2014, 01:22:33 am »

What you need to learn about the secret.

The secret that is...

GIANTDAD.

The legend never dies!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12519 on: July 23, 2014, 01:29:53 am »

I was repeatedly devoured by carnivorous plants in my attempt to get the shiny things.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #12520 on: July 23, 2014, 04:01:38 am »

"The Terrorgiest is weak", they said, "It'll fall to a few good spells from Lore of Light", they said. Well, if being able to take out half of my spearmen in a single turn is considered weak, I'd hate to see a strong Vampire Counts list. There were Grave Guard who could grind basically anything down to nothing in a turn of close combat and a Mortis Engine making his already obscenely strong magic even more powerful too.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12521 on: July 23, 2014, 10:30:13 am »

I actually managed to get the Orb of Zot and promptly got blasted by a fire demon just as I was about to leave Zot 5.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12522 on: July 23, 2014, 10:33:38 am »

Seems like every enemy I face lately has the ability to knock my shields out instantly. Either they use some crazy DoT beam that drains all shield power, leaving me more or less defenseless, or a single torpedo volley knocks the shields out on one side. Torpedoes are supposedly not very good against shields, but I guess these guys didn't get the memo.
Anyway, I've been dying quite a bit lately, on story missions that I'm at the proper level for.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12523 on: July 23, 2014, 11:10:35 am »

Droid dispensers are fun.  They spit out a pair of basic battle droids every 5-10 seconds, which are pretty dumb and weak.  One commando can take it out alone, though it's faster if the rest of the squad provides cover while the charge is placed (takes 20 seconds).

Now, end of the 3rd chapter out of 4...  We have to defend a hangar from Trade Federation reinforcements trying to recapture a gutted Republic cruiser we just cleared.  A *wave* of droid dispensers floats in, and here's the kicker - some of them produce super battle droids.

The Clone Wars cartoon makes super battle droids look easy, since apparently lightsabers cut right through.  Blasters do not.  As far as I can tell each one requires FOUR (out of 6) clips from the blaster rifle, or 4 sniper rounds in the exposed wiring after its armor is blasted off.  They're deadly, too: each 4-shot volley can take down a squad member's shields.  And if they stop firing, take cover- they're charging an even more powerful attack.

Droidekas are weaksauce compared to these things, even if you just focus fire which is the "wrong" way (They're weak against melee and can't target that close).

I've had just one super battle droid wipe the entire squad on a couple of occasions.  They usually appear in pairs, but can be taken down with patience, cover, or opting to expend heavy ordinance.

Now they're spawning in pairs, forever, at the back of a horde of regular droids!  Stopping the dispensers still requires standing at each one for 20 seconds to set the (absurdly complex) explosives.  I don't know how I ever completed this mission.  And if I recall correctly, Kashyyk is even harder...

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12524 on: July 23, 2014, 11:39:06 am »

Attacked by a pack of death yaks in the Lair. Apparently, an AC of 52 wasn't high enough.

Crawl.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 1575