Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374288 times)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12495 on: July 20, 2014, 01:04:47 pm »

Quicksaved at a somewhat bad point, though I'm not sure why it ended up attacking me.

When the game crashed, and I reloadeded, I was treated to a view of my character being swooped down upon by the dragon. Instant kill death grab and drop. Reload, try running a different direction, same thing.

This was entertaining for about 5 minutes until I decided to just reload my most recent autosave.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12496 on: July 20, 2014, 01:40:59 pm »

Apparently, even if you have apes as hosts and you have the ape-human transmission mutation, you still lose when you run out if infected people.

Whoever thought of that's pretty moronic.

Plague Inc. Evolved

As it would happen, Canada's a bastard. I couldn't keep a camp in there for five seconds without the bastards launching a UAV at them.
:3

FEAR US, FOR WE ARE THE CANADA. Birthed from a womb of ice, our tomb shall be made of snow.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12497 on: July 20, 2014, 01:47:48 pm »

Killed 2 titans fairly esily, tried to kill a third one, only for it to grab me and eat me.

Attack on Titan Tribute Game.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12498 on: July 20, 2014, 02:03:58 pm »

Got all mixed up with my controls and grappled myself into the explosions I had just set off.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12499 on: July 20, 2014, 03:02:58 pm »

Holy genital piercings this level is brutal.

There's two ways I can see to complete this, either quickly get to a heavily defended area and destroy some thingamabobs there, or get 20 minutes more to destroy something even more heavily defended. Keeping in mind I spent the first however long you get (probably 20 minutes) just getting two tiny bases up as well, because there's no even remotely convenient location to put your command centres. The best things are two islands with a hill that gives you maybe 40 seconds of protection before you need to have weapons up.
And then expanding to the other small islands to amass enough power to storm the main heavily defended one (which has AA on it so you can't even try an effective air assault, just send them to the edges and maybe alleviate the pressure a bit for the turrets and that you fly over and allow to get damaged with no ability to provide ammo, so you have to cycle them out constantly to hold a front until they can clear out a safe space to send either a vehicle that can carry supplies long distances or for long enough to build a pathway to send resources permanently) would take probably the rest of the 20 minutes.

Because while I stress how heavily defended the central island is, the others are still pretty solid to get to. I can't see what I can do being unable to get enough land in time. This is where I might end up completely stuck.

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12500 on: July 20, 2014, 04:16:54 pm »

You mean Farbor?
Yeah, that one took me the longest too; not longest in-game, of course, since I had to restart so many times to beat it.

I have since learned more about early aggression, though I'm far from skilled at it; which happens to be the key is to NOT turtle on those two tiny first bases, and micromanage your energy with the... was in N or M?... frame-by-frame key. You don't NEED to frame-by-frame, but it makes it easier if you intend to assault the first target instead of the second.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12501 on: July 20, 2014, 04:39:53 pm »

early aggression ... the key is to NOT turtle
Oh.
This may present some problems.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #12502 on: July 20, 2014, 07:32:31 pm »

Tried getting in a fist fight with a hell knight. I fought poorly. Not nearly enough kicks to the groin. Went from 200 health and 200 armor to dead in seconds.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12503 on: July 21, 2014, 03:06:03 am »

I got the bad ending to "The Feathered Serpent" several times in a row. Then, after I beat that mission and the next one after it, I forgot to save and ended up losing one of the bullshit flight segments.

Star Trek: 25th Anniversary. The quality is definitely starting to taper off towards the end (you can be screwed for one mission if you forget to do something on the Enterprise before you beam over, and of course there's a 3v1 flight section where you are the one).

Aside from that, it's up there with Bridge Commander and DS9: The Fallen in terms of Star Trek games. I wish Interplay had made a TNG game based on 25th Anniversary. :(
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12504 on: July 21, 2014, 09:14:18 am »

I got the bad ending to "The Feathered Serpent" several times in a row. Then, after I beat that mission and the next one after it, I forgot to save and ended up losing one of the bullshit flight segments.

Star Trek: 25th Anniversary. The quality is definitely starting to taper off towards the end (you can be screwed for one mission if you forget to do something on the Enterprise before you beam over, and of course there's a 3v1 flight section where you are the one).

Aside from that, it's up there with Bridge Commander and DS9: The Fallen in terms of Star Trek games. I wish Interplay had made a TNG game based on 25th Anniversary. :(
Did you ever try A Final Unity?  Its combat mode aren't that much better, but I thought it was fairly decent, as well.  I think you can skip combat in it by changing the difficulty settings, too.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12505 on: July 21, 2014, 12:55:55 pm »

The coders readded monkey mode (with some changes) to /tg/station for some reason. I was patient zero of the jungle fever infection. After I transformed, I infected a bunch of people and also turned them into monkeys. The janitor then cornered me with foam grenades, punched me unconscious and promptly beat me to death. My fellow primates still lost because the humans ate bananas, which cures the monkey disease and makes them immune to any further infections.

Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12506 on: July 21, 2014, 12:56:54 pm »

That seems... like an easily solvable problem.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12507 on: July 21, 2014, 03:39:03 pm »

More goddamned Geists. I had lost Hsai to an Earth Elemental or something, and I had to get out of there. Some Trolls and a Bull had cornered Elis on the way to the entrance, and it was just Dage and Sari to get back to Melmond, head over the ocean to Coneria, and heal Hsai and Elis.

Then, a PACK of like seven or eight Ghouls and Geists show up literally 3 TILES from Melmond, stun Sari and Dage every turn, murder Dage in two rounds, and then give Sari a slow death.

I get the message "Sari party perished", and NERD RAGE takes over, leaving me to ragequit.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #12508 on: July 21, 2014, 04:54:03 pm »

Managed to do some sweet ass parkour and looted a blue tearstone ring in Undead Burg. Apparently this was what the black knight was guarding, and he promptly ran up and skewered me.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12509 on: July 21, 2014, 05:37:33 pm »

Drew 1 forest and all 4 Fonts of Fertility for my opening hand. Didn't draw another forest the whole game, drew nothing else with 1 mana cost (I have several critters and cheap spells, too). After the game, I checked what I would have drawn next. Two forests in a row.

This deck requires me to mulligan until I have 2 forests to start, apparently. And it still needs more draw.

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 1575