Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374170 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12465 on: July 17, 2014, 01:39:10 pm »

Man, crossbowman is such a misleading name. I thought they were weaker than marksmen. And I'd only been playing for a few turns, so no hunters, either.

Heroes of Might nad Magic V

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12466 on: July 17, 2014, 11:26:57 pm »

Durlag's tower

Durlags tower durlagstowerdurlagstowerdurlagtowertowertowe..r......

Durlag's tower, Baldur's gate. Im doing it at only level 5-6. Encountering a lot of lightning traps and fireball traps, not to mention the monsters within. I feel like even if I was playing with baldurs gate 2 levels I'd still be having a hard time, thats just how hard it is.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12467 on: July 18, 2014, 02:57:27 am »

I had just arrived on the station as a miner, reports of plasma everywhere, put on gas mask and try to get to the mining shuttle, mining is covered in plasma and the shutters close, begin beating a reinforced window with my oxygen tank so i can get to the mining shuttle dock. SUDDENLY WORMHOLES one of them creates a spark while teleporting someone in, plasma lit on fire, before fire reaches me I get through the window and run to the shuttle console and call it. flames draw closer and closer to me as I wait for the shuttle, airflow knocks me over, I am engulfed in flames...then like a second later the mining shuttle arrives, but it is too late.

Space Station 13

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12468 on: July 18, 2014, 03:22:43 am »

Stepped into a flame trap while following a sad ghost, then into a toxic gas trap five tiles away in the same hall.

Pixel Dungeon.

EDIT:

New death. Blown up by Elasi pirates after I interrupted their attack on a small scout ship. I'm very hesitant to say a game is "unfair", but I'm starting to think the flight sim sections in this game are a bit bullshit.

Star Trek: 25th Anniversary.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 05:43:44 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #12469 on: July 18, 2014, 08:59:12 am »

I won the civil war and decided to celebrate with some tasty chocolates that a nice vassal sent me. Not such a good idea.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12470 on: July 18, 2014, 09:47:33 am »

New death. Blown up by Elasi pirates after I interrupted their attack on a small scout ship. I'm very hesitant to say a game is "unfair", but I'm starting to think the flight sim sections in this game are a bit bullshit.

They are; I really want to find the person who thought stuffing reaction-based shooter mechanics into a point-and-click adventure game was a wise idea and ask them what the devil they were thinking.  There's a really, really nasty one that I never beat.  No spoilers, but you'll know it when you see it. 

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12471 on: July 18, 2014, 11:11:56 am »

They are; I really want to find the person who thought stuffing reaction-based shooter mechanics into a point-and-click adventure game was a wise idea and ask them what the devil they were thinking.  There's a really, really nasty one that I never beat.  No spoilers, but you'll know it when you see it.
The Wolf Among Us did a pretty good job at that sort of reaction-based stuff.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12472 on: July 18, 2014, 10:30:41 pm »

This fucking game.

I have *never* seen an ally capture a command point.  I have, maybe like 3 times, see an enemy assault an allied command point (although I have seen all sorts of bizarre CV snipes).  The most recent game, I held down 3 command points the entire game, while my ally never held one.  He didn't even leave a CV in the start area.  All he did was rush an enemy natural along a tiny waterlogged choke point with three forests at the end.  He brought two CVs and managed to lose both of them.  Meanwhile the enemy locked down the entire map with helipcoters (transport, recon and attack, not that they actually attacked of course), AT infantry and IFVs.

Every game I suffer like 2:1 casaulties and I can't tell if its because I'm bad or because I have to face off against the entire enemy air and artillery forces because no one else does anything.  I once sat through a game where we were tied in command points but the enemy got an early lead, meaning we had to hold more points than the enemy for a certain amount of time or we would lose when time ran out.  Only half of us even tried to attack.  The entire right side of the map went completely unscouted, which of course meant that the enemy could spend all of their points reinforcing the left side because there was no pressure on the right.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #12473 on: July 18, 2014, 11:57:07 pm »

Tried shooting the minigun in close quarters. Forgot that the minigun has explosive rounds. It went about as well as it sounds.

...Everything exploded. Me included.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12474 on: July 19, 2014, 12:13:56 am »

It wouldn't be as bad if you had some sort of radar and could tell where the other guys are. Once you lose them, they're just gone and it's entirely luck if you find them again before they blow you up.

I heard there's a patch that removes the space combat, I wonder if saves from the old version are compatible. :-\
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12475 on: July 19, 2014, 02:24:46 am »

A spy took my power offline. Tesla tanks take 1 power to run. I like tesla tanks.

You can see where this is going.

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12476 on: July 19, 2014, 02:33:54 am »

Since when do they need power?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12477 on: July 19, 2014, 03:26:18 am »

The mod i'm using adds the power requirement for.. Some reason.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12478 on: July 19, 2014, 03:31:04 am »

That sounds silly. Is that all it does?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12479 on: July 19, 2014, 03:37:42 am »

Adds in Uprising units, makes the Emperor King Oni, the cut-content chronotank, and Tesla Tank buildable, seems to improve the AI (since when did the peacekeepers use the riot shields for the point blank shotgun blasts?!) makes a few changes (bye bye floating in place MiGs, Apollos and Jet Tengus), overhauls the visuals and gives a few new toys. Like an ICBM for the Soviets.

The mod maker also says there's a way to build the Shogun Executioner, but I think the mod died before that got added.
Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 1575