Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 829 830 [831] 832 833 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374089 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12450 on: July 16, 2014, 01:00:40 am »

How do you get sprinting to augment jumping? It's always the same jump distance for me.
Back up, then run forward a ways to get your speed up, then when you try to jump, you should have a long cone where you can jump to.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #12451 on: July 16, 2014, 01:26:23 am »

Three nations are at war with each other. One nation sent their goons to attack citizens of one of these nations. I was a victim. :(

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12452 on: July 16, 2014, 01:53:23 am »

How do you get sprinting to augment jumping? It's always the same jump distance for me.
Back up, then run forward a ways to get your speed up, then when you try to jump, you should have a long cone where you can jump to.
It might also be easily missed that you have to hit Shift-S to change your gait, then you select sprint.  Down neat the bottom the game will tell you your speed and the max possible speed of your gait if yer not already at it, after moving in a straight line for a few turns you will be going max speed for the gait and when you hit j instead of a square around you your possible jumps will be a bigger cone out in front of you.

You may not need to be going at the max sprint speed, but you need to be going at a good clip or you will just keep getting the normal square.   Also the faster yer going the longer yer jump option is.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 01:56:18 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12453 on: July 16, 2014, 01:55:32 am »

It might also be easily missed that you have to hit Shift-S to change your gait, then you select sprint.  Down neat the bottom the game will tell you your speed and the max possible speed of your gait if yer not already at it, after moving in a straight line for a few turns you will be going max speed for the gait and when you hit j instead of a square around you your possible jumps will be a bigger cone out in front of you.
Also the speed has to be above 2, or at least that's the value I've seen while casually testing it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12454 on: July 16, 2014, 01:38:25 pm »

Went to a maintenance shaft to grab a gas mask so I could conceal my identity while I start murdering people with a double-bladed energy sword. It just so happened that the maintenance shaft I went to also had a guy with an energy sword in it.

Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12455 on: July 16, 2014, 02:16:11 pm »

You may not need to be going at the max sprint speed, but you need to be going at a good clip or you will just keep getting the normal square.   Also the faster yer going the longer yer jump option is.
I've found I sometimes hit escape rather then enter, and then go around thinking that I'm running when I'm actually just walking.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #12456 on: July 16, 2014, 04:48:00 pm »

God damn dogs, they can keep an whole party down with extra just biting chunks of health out of you

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12457 on: July 16, 2014, 04:57:18 pm »

Went to a maintenance shaft to grab a gas mask so I could conceal my identity while I start murdering people with a double-bladed energy sword. It just so happened that the maintenance shaft I went to also had a guy with an energy sword in it.

You sure do find people willing to murder on sight a lot.
I often find the most fun moments to be the ones where you might at first expect a fight but then you just have a conversation with your would-be assailant instead. They tend to be pretty good conversations most of the time.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #12458 on: July 16, 2014, 06:43:55 pm »

You sure do find people willing to murder on sight a lot.
I often find the most fun moments to be the ones where you might at first expect a fight but then you just have a conversation with your would-be assailant instead. They tend to be pretty good conversations most of the time.
My favorite spacestation 13 moment was on the old bay12 server, back on the luna. long story short, my sec officer (I'm HoS) wanted to tlak in private, so we do, and after him asking if armour really helps and me saying not as much as i'd like, feel free to go without, he pulls a revolver and shots me point blank, every bullet. EVERY BULLET is absorbed by my armour, leaving me laughing as he flees. the conversations was long, and fun, and he coulda tried to kill my any time but it was nice.

As for my own deaths, not last death, but recent: lost out in the dominions 4.06 game. first online game, was fun!

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12459 on: July 16, 2014, 06:45:45 pm »

I've been trying out that game, Ascendant, lately.

I have never been angrier about spikes or people that explode in my entire life, I think.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12460 on: July 17, 2014, 03:08:48 am »

Tried to climb a ladder to the lower decks of Ark 7. It turns out that the Romulans are in control of the lower decks. Kirk is vaporized with a silly "Aiiieee!" dialogue box.

Star Trek 25th Anniversary. If only they had made one for Deep Space Nine :(
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #12461 on: July 17, 2014, 03:32:05 am »

Dota 2. enemy Zeus. double rampage

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12462 on: July 17, 2014, 11:17:01 am »

WHAT DO YOU MEAN IF I BACKSTAB YOU AND OCCUPY THE LAND THAT THE REBELS ALREADY OCCUPY I DONT GET THE REST OF IT DESPITE WINNING?

RAAAAGE

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12463 on: July 17, 2014, 12:19:43 pm »

WHAT DO YOU MEAN IF I BACKSTAB YOU AND OCCUPY THE LAND THAT THE REBELS ALREADY OCCUPY I DONT GET THE REST OF IT DESPITE WINNING?

RAAAAGE

Yeah, makes you wonder how in the hell did empires expand so rapidly if they had to deal with all that claiming bullshit.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12464 on: July 17, 2014, 12:58:23 pm »

RAAAAGE

Yeah, makes you wonder how in the hell did empires expand so rapidly if they had to deal with all that claiming bullshit.

CKII's casus belli system is very rigid.  It isn't . . . wrong per se, just the ideal that may or may not be the real.  I feel like it has been balanced for gameplay, not realism.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 829 830 [831] 832 833 ... 1575