Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 824 825 [826] 827 828 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369705 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12375 on: July 05, 2014, 04:35:17 pm »

I was a traitor assistant who had to kill an atmospheric technician. While I was thinking of a good plan, another traitor planted a power sink to drain the power, so I grabbed a crowbar, pried the atmospherics doors open and used an energy crossbow + C4 to kill the atmos tech. Unfortunately, he managed to call for help and the AI noticed me. Security busted me, but for whatever reason they decided to let me free as the escape shuttle was coming. I try to hide in one of the shuttle's lockers, but at the last minute before the round ends, the clown guts me with an energy sword.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So close, eh?
Why the fuck did the clown had an energy sword???
._.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12376 on: July 05, 2014, 04:36:50 pm »

SS13. Does it really need to be said?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12377 on: July 05, 2014, 04:38:31 pm »

I was a traitor assistant who had to kill an atmospheric technician. While I was thinking of a good plan, another traitor planted a power sink to drain the power, so I grabbed a crowbar, pried the atmospherics doors open and used an energy crossbow + C4 to kill the atmos tech. Unfortunately, he managed to call for help and the AI noticed me. Security busted me, but for whatever reason they decided to let me free as the escape shuttle was coming. I try to hide in one of the shuttle's lockers, but at the last minute before the round ends, the clown guts me with an energy sword.

So close, eh?
Why the fuck did the clown had an energy sword???
He was a traitor, too.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12378 on: July 06, 2014, 05:56:27 pm »

I lost five people on one mission, four of them in the UFO. At least it wasn't a Code Black.
Let's go down the line:
  • Shotgunner #1: Shot and killed by an alien soldier that kicked the door of a house in unexpectedly.
  • Shotgunner #2: Shot and killed when he stacked up at a door on the upper part of the main UFO room.
  • Sniper (pistol equipped): Shot and killed by the same alien as shotgunner #2.
  • Rifleman: Exploded and died breaching the wall directly ahead of the UFO's entrance because I had no idea how big Fire in the Hole!'s breaching charges were. The explosion timer also works by Xenonaut turns instead of X-COM+Alien turns, like UFO Defense, so the explosion was late and probably caused at least two of the other deaths on this list because my machinegunner couldn't get a clear line of fire.
  • Rocket launcher guy (pistol equipped): Shot and killed by an alien soldier coming out the southside door of the UFO interior.
I guess I should be fucking thankful the psi-capable officer (purpleshirt in the back) died in the crash and didn't make anybody break and run/berserk. The three surviving aliens in the screenshot were killed without further casualties: the non-combatant in the hall was killed by a pistol round to the face, the soldier was killed by a hail of machinegun bullets, and the other redshirt was flashbanged and charged by my scout before also being shot in the face.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12379 on: July 06, 2014, 11:49:55 pm »

Accidentally used Heroic Moment : Channel The Force (20 minute cool down) instead of Force Speed (20 second cool down), because they looked the same.. The sheer rage distracted me and I fell off a railing in front of the taxi to Sith Enclave.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12380 on: July 07, 2014, 10:32:42 am »

Well, I was playing the new, Alpha 5 version of Rimworld.

1. Build base
2. Build new, fancy mortar turrets
3. Mortars are ridiculously inaccurate
4. Bunch of raiders get to my base, firefight ensues
5. Forced back from first defensive line to second
6. First line, including its pair of gun turrets, are destroyed
7. Oh balls, 2 of my 4 colonists are incapacitated, but my last two turrets are still active
8. BOOM
9. Oh F***
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #12381 on: July 07, 2014, 12:54:08 pm »

While building a queue, I accidentally deleted the wrong part of a bridge, and, well...
Spoiler: Picture (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12382 on: July 07, 2014, 01:00:03 pm »

Looks like you went from Disney World to Action Park in a single moment.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12383 on: July 07, 2014, 01:01:58 pm »

I really should do an LP of that.

I've still got RCT1 Deluxe Edition sitting on my desk. When we were little, me and my brother built rollercoasters which were basically cannons that shot people. It was harf to do, but when done appropriately, people would be convinced to ride it.

Strangely, the winning park I made for Evergreen Gardens was one where I started off doing that.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #12384 on: July 07, 2014, 01:22:55 pm »

The goal in that game is to build a coaster that was so blistering fast that it would launch the guests to there death in the other amusement park so you whould look far more safe then them, oh and Vomit Comets are the best.((LOOPTY LOOPS EVERYWHHHERE.))
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #12385 on: July 07, 2014, 02:28:58 pm »

Darn station brakes failures. 28 more people lost.

I remember locking all unhappy people in a 1x1 cell, then building rollercoasters to crash on them. Didn't hurt them, but it felt great...
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12386 on: July 07, 2014, 06:14:19 pm »

Framing Frame is possibly one of the stupidest missions that I've ever had the displeasure of beating my head against.  Where are these infinite SWAT and FBI units coming from?  How do you fit 50 people into that tiny little room?!  HOW DO YOU NOT LOSE ALL MORALE SEEING A PILE OF 200 BODIES IN A SMALL CLOSET?!

Payday 2, the cops are infinite and merciless.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12387 on: July 07, 2014, 06:19:33 pm »

It turns out it's called no-mans land for a reason, and with only artillery craters to defend us on our charge, plus the remnants of a crashed 1 seater bi-plane, we spent the 4 or 5 min we had to capture the next line before the other team gets to attempt an attack getting gunned down repeatedly by the French bastards on the other side. At the end of the 30 min match, we had managed to move the front lines by one trench, or rather 3 trenches, but it was two forward and one back. But at least I now have "Long Way to Tipperary" stuck in my head.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12388 on: July 07, 2014, 06:59:07 pm »

Game over'd on Venom, the Star Wolf rematch. Falco spent the entire fight circling the base and getting shot down instead of helping when three Wolf ships attack me all at once.

Also, the dialogue doesn't make any sense because I skipped Fichina and thus didn't fight them earlier, but they act like we'd fought before regardless.

Star Fox 64.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #12389 on: July 07, 2014, 07:02:24 pm »

Fell into lava in the nether with many, many materials and tools on hand >:(

Minecraft
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 824 825 [826] 827 828 ... 1574