Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 823 824 [825] 826 827 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370055 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12360 on: July 03, 2014, 10:26:33 am »

Jumped out of the black market transport. I intended to grapple-hook the ground, only I accidentally held the key down, causing me to try and tether the ground to itself. Couldn't get my parachute out.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My fleets were getting roflstomped by the Shakturi. And while I think that's supposed to happen in the story, what really annoyed me was the fact that my ships simply parked with the Shakturi just outside their weapons range, but still within the Shakturi's range. Or, the fact that my fleet attacking one of the Shakturi's conquered worlds refused to defend themselves as the Shakturi ships shot them out of the sky, losing the space control advantage that really didn't help anyway.

I got really bored, so I debugged in multiple V12 engines and an armored car and took a drive through a city at over 1000 miles per hour.

I think that there's a limit of 250MPH before the game stops letting you go faster. Unless they removed that recently.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12361 on: July 03, 2014, 02:06:53 pm »

Going through the tutorial.

"Use left shift to dodge to cover"
*Uses left shift*
"Why is my guy standing? I just- GOD DAMN IT HELICOPTER"

*Load last checkpoint*
"Left shift, that's what it says."
*Uses left shift*
"STOP STANDING UP YOU ASSHOLE"

*Load last checkpoint*
"It says right there, that's how you dodge over to the next bit of cover, it works on this one, but why not on this one?"
*Tries again*
"...Y U NO STAY IN COVER?"

*Load last checkpoint*

I went through this about 10 times before it would actually friggin' work.
Never had that problem anywhere else in the game, just that spot in the tutorial.

Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Gulddom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12362 on: July 03, 2014, 07:06:17 pm »

Hit a wall, over and over and over, for roughly five minutes. Finally managed to survive a whole twelve seconds! I guess I don't have the reflexes for the Hardester level of Super Hexagon
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 07:12:16 pm by Gulddom »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12363 on: July 03, 2014, 07:49:25 pm »

In an attempt to save souls on my third run through, I attacked Licia, thinking 'I'll just kill her quick for her souls and save the 2000 I'd spend on her later, too.' Turns out that she's ridiculously OP... so I'm just gonna delete that file since that screws me out of ever going to the mines and by extension ever fighting Old Iron King, aka my favorite boss to grind...

Dark Souls 2.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12364 on: July 03, 2014, 07:57:19 pm »

Lost a ton of points after 3 failed attempts to snatch and grab a Commander from an Ethereal base. I had made several mistakes by the time that this happened, as well as simply not being able to handle the huge number of aliens. Funding Council was not amused, and terminated XCOM. The knowledge gained through my project was lost, and I failed to save the Earth.

OpenXCOM

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #12365 on: July 03, 2014, 10:56:42 pm »

I got murdered by a boar in magicite. I think it's because I played as the dwelf, a horrific hybrid of dwarf and elf with little hp at the start.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12366 on: July 03, 2014, 11:46:48 pm »

My command nodes were flooded by an all-consuming fluid. Poor Skars.

Spoiler: HONKHONKHONK (click to show/hide)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12367 on: July 03, 2014, 11:47:11 pm »

I was in second place with 1 house each for three properties. My dad was ahead of me, with 6 properties with 4 houses each. There were four of us... I went bankrupt second, a turn after my mom and three turns before my brother. Nobody landed on any of my properties ever after I bought those houses. And I just kept landing on tax after tax, community chest after community chest (never the ones earning you cash), Dad's property after dad's property.

Fastest game of Monopoly ever.

Skars is in orbit above. He wasn't in those command nodes. Only in CW1 and CW2 were the protagonists in the flying cities.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12368 on: July 04, 2014, 12:55:55 am »

Skars is in orbit above. He wasn't in those command nodes. Only in CW1 and CW2 were the protagonists in the flying cities.
Besides, when the command nodes get badly damaged they just take off and fly away.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #12369 on: July 04, 2014, 04:01:38 am »

That's the full game and not the demo right?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12370 on: July 04, 2014, 06:52:19 am »

Besides, when the command nodes get badly damaged they just take off and fly away.
Still, Skars just lost a world. So poor him and his reality-ending incompetence.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12371 on: July 04, 2014, 08:40:59 am »

Give it up for the person who flips perspective and controls! I... I died 9 times. Something in that range.

Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12372 on: July 05, 2014, 11:39:47 am »

I was a traitor assistant who had to kill an atmospheric technician. While I was thinking of a good plan, another traitor planted a power sink to drain the power, so I grabbed a crowbar, pried the atmospherics doors open and used an energy crossbow + C4 to kill the atmos tech. Unfortunately, he managed to call for help and the AI noticed me. Security busted me, but for whatever reason they decided to let me free as the escape shuttle was coming. I try to hide in one of the shuttle's lockers, but at the last minute before the round ends, the clown guts me with an energy sword.

Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12373 on: July 05, 2014, 02:15:38 pm »

Give it up for the person who flips perspective and controls! I... I died 9 times. Something in that range.

From what I've seen for most of her flip-in-the-middle-of-attack shenanigans you must keep pressing the same button.
._.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12374 on: July 05, 2014, 03:49:52 pm »

I was a traitor assistant who had to kill an atmospheric technician. While I was thinking of a good plan, another traitor planted a power sink to drain the power, so I grabbed a crowbar, pried the atmospherics doors open and used an energy crossbow + C4 to kill the atmos tech. Unfortunately, he managed to call for help and the AI noticed me. Security busted me, but for whatever reason they decided to let me free as the escape shuttle was coming. I try to hide in one of the shuttle's lockers, but at the last minute before the round ends, the clown guts me with an energy sword.

So close, eh?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 823 824 [825] 826 827 ... 1574