Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 821 822 [823] 824 825 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370112 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12330 on: June 30, 2014, 12:24:51 am »

Is Papa and Smurf a thing? Seems like it'd work, Papa is Bigs Smough, Smurf is Smalls Ornstein, put 'em together you and you got the obvious play on Papa Smurf.
..You had me remembering Papa Smurf xD (yes, he's a thing :P)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12331 on: June 30, 2014, 12:26:43 am »

Playing on Hard Mode, trying to get S ranks on all the bosses.

Not doing too well at it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I picked that game up myself during the summer sales and it's been pretty fun, if a little unforgiving at times. I died a lot in the mines before I figured out you need to go up after you get the boss item there (I thought that passage was blocked off).
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12332 on: June 30, 2014, 12:31:36 am »

Playing on Hard Mode, trying to get S ranks on all the bosses.

Not doing too well at it.

I picked that game up myself during the summer sales and it's been pretty fun, if a little unforgiving at times. I died a lot in the mines before I figured out you need to go up after you get the boss item there (I thought that passage was blocked off).

Yeah, it's a fun game.  I just wish that the developers would update the damned thing. :V

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12333 on: June 30, 2014, 12:33:16 am »

What's the planned updates? Valdyn and Gilda? I'm currently under the impression you just unlock them somehow. It'll suck if you can't play them yet. :\
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12334 on: June 30, 2014, 12:40:06 am »

Toejam and Earl.
Aw yeah. I totally get that reference. I feel like a cool dude right now.  8)

And a complete embarrassment for saying that in public, but it's an ironic embarrassment, so it's cool too. 8)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12335 on: June 30, 2014, 12:42:09 am »

Dragged off to jail because I went broke working for a crappy wage.

Papers, Please.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12336 on: June 30, 2014, 05:25:36 am »

I rode with a raised lance into a group of Swadian sharpshooters.
Not even my horse survived.

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12337 on: June 30, 2014, 09:28:50 am »

I got done in by an evil eye. Used up all potions of healing, still no match for them. If only I have a wand of blink...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12338 on: June 30, 2014, 10:11:57 am »

I got done in by an evil eye. Used up all potions of healing, still no match for them. If only I have a wand of blink...

I haven't even gotten close to the first boss, AFAIK. I keep getting tempted by rare weapons/gravestones/libraries/etc. and dying on the first or second floor.

Anyways, replaying Half Life 2. The APCs keep getting me with the tracking rockets, and even the machine gun isn't much help because it locks on to the rockets before the APCs themselves, and the camera's flying everywhere because I'm trying to dodge and shoot from the bloody airboat. Water Hazard remains the weakest level in HL2 IMHO.

Half Life 2.

Blew up the chemical tanks, then got shot to death trying to remember whether I exit from the door or the chute.

Goldeneye, via 1964 with mouse control + 60 FPS. Google "Perfect Dark Mouse Injector" to find it, I'm not sure how much trouble I'd get in for linking an emulation site.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12339 on: June 30, 2014, 11:04:25 am »

I haven't even gotten close to the first boss, AFAIK. I keep getting tempted by rare weapons/gravestones/libraries/etc. and dying on the first or second floor.
Graves are easy after you realize one secret - the game tells you that after you beat Goo, which is too late.

Rushed by a bunch of berserking gnolls. With a 5-men level 3 party, one or two hits from them is sufficient to kill. Did they really think this through when making these balance changes?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12340 on: June 30, 2014, 03:43:34 pm »

Also, why is it my guys' power suits allow them to shrug off missiles, but can barely protect them from plasma, the only weapon the aliens consistently use?

Because heavy plasma is fricken awesome, that's why.

One strategy I've heard but never used (I avoid fighting ethereals until I'm damn sure everyone in the squad is psionic resistant) is to bring conventional rifles to the fight.  Since ethereals are physically frail your weapons will work on them, but your power suits will protect your own guys from MC induced friendly fire.

Of course, that's not going to save you if there's an ethereal terror mission...
So long as you've detected said UFO with a hyper-wave decoder.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12341 on: June 30, 2014, 06:58:40 pm »

Oh, I know!  I start an adventure and visit my old fort!  Let me just . . . stop by this old fort here to stock up on supplies . . .  And maybe swim too . . .  Whats this?  Im melting?  In the river!

DF
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12342 on: June 30, 2014, 07:15:44 pm »

Also, why is it my guys' power suits allow them to shrug off missiles, but can barely protect them from plasma, the only weapon the aliens consistently use?

Because heavy plasma is fricken awesome, that's why.

One strategy I've heard but never used (I avoid fighting ethereals until I'm damn sure everyone in the squad is psionic resistant) is to bring conventional rifles to the fight.  Since ethereals are physically frail your weapons will work on them, but your power suits will protect your own guys from MC induced friendly fire.

Of course, that's not going to save you if there's an ethereal terror mission...
So long as you've detected said UFO with a hyper-wave decoder.
At the time of that death, I had those in all my bases. 'Course, I don't have it anymore, since there got to be so many huge ships that my firestorms (with plasma cannons) couldn't handle all of them at once, and my interceptors couldn't even catch up to them.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12343 on: June 30, 2014, 09:48:39 pm »

Just invaded somebody in the Darkroot forest. As I spawned in near the entrance, I noticed a gold phantom chilling out on the ground between the ledge I was standing on and the cliff edge off to the side.

"Aha," I think to myself, "I will jump down and kill them with a plunging attack from above before they even realize I'm here!"

Misjudged the distance, leapt over their head and did a majestic plunging attack off the edge of the cliff into oblivion.

I'm laughing my head off.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12344 on: July 01, 2014, 10:32:45 am »

Oh, I know!  I start an adventure and visit my old fort!  Let me just . . . stop by this old fort here to stock up on supplies . . .  And maybe swim too . . .  Whats this?  Im melting?  In the river!

DF
Whiskey tango foxtrot?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 821 822 [823] 824 825 ... 1574