Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 818 819 [820] 821 822 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370450 times)

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12285 on: June 25, 2014, 02:02:17 am »

Paranoia on IRC.
How when played? I kinda wanna join if that's ok

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12286 on: June 25, 2014, 12:21:10 pm »

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12287 on: June 25, 2014, 05:17:28 pm »

Our characters awoke in our bunks to a blaring alarm, asking us to report to the briefing room in 3 minutes. Our characters all threw on their clothes and sprinted to the briefing room. This would not be fast enough, so Summ called an autohack to carry us to the briefing room. When it arrived, it hit both me and Elly, completely decimating us by turning us into paste. No chunks.

Our clones spawned in the trunk of the same autohack. Summ had taken the wheel, and was driving extremely fast. Eventually, the trunk popped open, and we had a chance to escape. As the car's mega boosters activated, I braced for a big impact. Elly jumped out of the trunk instead, instantly dying. With me still inside, the car accellerated to speeds faster than light, completely obliterating me from existence.

Summ somehow survived this, the badass, and she arrived at the briefing safely. She was given lots of gear with which she was instructed to fight commies. She walked to R&D to pick up some extras. When she got there, a robot dropped two seeds on the floor and poured water on them. They became Elly and my third clone. I got armor, and a sticky gun. Summ got grenades, and a mysterious remote. I'm not joking, as soon as the GM, GUNINANRUNIN, mentioned the remote, I had a feeling that it would be the death of me. Elly got rocketboots and a useless yellow cube. After we left, I made a phonecall.

As soon as I got off the phone, the shit had already hit the fan. Elly was flying around, while police tried to arrest her for holding the useless cube. She flew away. Summ and I went to a fast tube station. We were on official business, so we got to cut the line. Being a couple of geniuses, we accidentally stepped into the tube while there was no car available. We promptly became the cars, and flew through the tube as my hatred for public transport grew.

We safely arrived at the frontlines, and I dove into the middle of the battlefield, and asked the two armies to stop fighting. They ignored me, as bullets rapidly ricochet off of my body. Meanwhile, the remote had begun to speak to Summ in an adorable voice. It was telling Summ, "Use me! Use me!" She began using it. The remote seized my body, and Summ was piloting me around the battlefield. Both sides had become terrified, and everyone was just trying to kill me. My armor made me invincible. Nanomachines, son, they harden in response to physical trauma. They couldn't hurt me. Eventually the Commies called in a tankbot to deal with me. I tried to bullshit it by saying I was friendly. It didn't believe me. The remote instructed Summ to press the red button. Oh, why did she do it?

As soon as she did it, my character's armor folded up, and he was crushed into a cube. "The feeling of your death is not available at your clearance" GUNIN explained. My character's last words were "I HATE EVERYTHING" before he was crushed. "Miniaturization complete" the remote giggled.

Here lies DAN-R-IBO. You laughed as he died. 2014-2014

EDIT: I just noticed you guys are already talking about it. Oh well.

Paranoia on IRC
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 05:36:02 pm by IronTomato »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12288 on: June 25, 2014, 07:18:02 pm »

Right, I know what channel I'm lurking for the foreseeable future.

Edit: Oh right, death...  Well technically the "final boss" in Hotline Miami (reminded me of The Bride from Kill Bill) but also I was replaying FarCry3.  I scouted a bandit camp from a convenient ridge, I think I tagged them all with the camera.  I sneak down, I'm waiting for a good opening to stealthily knife the two guards at this entrance, when I hear growling behind me.  Followed by shouting and shooting as the guards spin towards me, followed by lots of bullets as I wrestle a tiger.  The hunter became the hunted...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 07:23:03 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12289 on: June 26, 2014, 06:59:06 pm »

I was about to climb the ladder to the loot evac point on the roof with a sliver of health left, my mentally challenged AI teammates on my heels. There was five SWAT operatives in the hallway by the ladder, so I bounced a grenade off the opposite wall and took cover.

It turns out that explosions pierce walls on this game. I did not realize this. Contract failed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12290 on: June 27, 2014, 12:15:42 am »

Shot down a terror ship. It turned out to be snakeman race.   The rest can probably be guessed.

Open X-Com
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12291 on: June 27, 2014, 12:23:50 am »

Shot down a terror ship. It turned out to be snakeman race.   The rest can probably be guessed.

Open X-Com
Did anyone make it out alive?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12292 on: June 27, 2014, 01:28:07 am »

No.  I had forgotten what terror unit the snakemen bring, by the time I saw my mistake everyone was too far from the skyranger.

Not even the HWP/Rocket was spared.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12293 on: June 27, 2014, 06:39:45 am »

Got shot by bandits after fucking up everything since everything.

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12294 on: June 27, 2014, 10:06:39 am »

Had my tank round hit the car in front of it, instead of the alien.  The explosion wiped out my tank and two guys next to it.  I was on ironman.  Ragequit.

Xenonauts.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12295 on: June 27, 2014, 10:16:47 am »

DESERT BANDITS.

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12296 on: June 27, 2014, 02:48:46 pm »

I got that game on the steam sale 2 days ago and made a new game.  The starter mission had a merchant telling me to recruit five peasants and then fight a bandit group outside the town.  I go outside, wait a bit and see a group of ten bandits charging me.  "Well," I think to my self, "its the first mission and they said I could beat it with 6 guys"...

Cue it being an actual randomly spawned bandit group and kicking my ass :/
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 02:59:40 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12297 on: June 27, 2014, 02:58:31 pm »

So...
what game?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12298 on: June 27, 2014, 03:01:14 pm »

From the use of the phrase "that game", I assume it to be a direct response to the previous post, which would make it Mount and Blade: Warband.  On the other hand...

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12299 on: June 27, 2014, 03:09:46 pm »

BOOLDUZUUUUURURURHRHRURHRUHRUHHRURH!!!
Edit: Then TAZOUR- *ZAAAP*

Payday 2
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"
Pages: 1 ... 818 819 [820] 821 822 ... 1575