Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 817 818 [819] 820 821 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370584 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12270 on: June 23, 2014, 02:13:59 pm »

Not an actual death, but close enough.

Got summoned to fight Old Iron King, knocked half of his health out in the first four seconds of the fight, summoner rolled into lava and died.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12271 on: June 23, 2014, 02:39:22 pm »

Dark Souls? I dunno.
Battled a Level 2, bastard brings out 2-3 creatures per turn, then brings out a Bone Dragon and boosts it.

Elements.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #12272 on: June 23, 2014, 02:46:39 pm »

Not an actual death, but close enough.

Got summoned to fight Old Iron King, knocked half of his health out in the first four seconds of the fight, summoner rolled into lava and died.
Dark Souls 2. Hope I saved you from meteors.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #12273 on: June 23, 2014, 03:10:53 pm »

Whoops, forgot to specifiy. Was indeed the aforementioned.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12274 on: June 23, 2014, 05:33:02 pm »

I'm heading back out of the dungeon after sparking a few moves against a mys dragon deep in the dungeon, I'm almost out and a fish catches me before the exit.  It's just a bunch of normal mostly unthreatening enemies, the kinda stuff I've killed hundreds of.

They all go for Muse, she's down in 2 hits, and then she gets hit 2 more times while downed.  She lost 3 LP while grinding sparks on the Mys Dragon and those 3 hits at 0 hp was enough to take her down to 0 LP.

I overwrote my safestate at the end of the fight too, not realizing that I had lost her, forcing me to revert back to a 2 hour old hard save.

[Romancing Saga 3 SNES]
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12275 on: June 23, 2014, 08:54:36 pm »

Go into the first mission fairly confident - after all, I beat "Classic" difficulty in the regular game; this mod's "Classic" difficulty should be no different, even if they did cut the beginner difficulty.  Oh, and we start with six recruits; how kind.  Come out with a 50% casualty rate. 

Go into the second mission much less confident - once burned, twice shy.  Play much more cautiously, take advantage of flanking and full cover much more effectively.  Come out with a Code Black - all agents down.  Those drones...those evil, evil drones with automatic half-cover, high-ground advantages, and relentless flanking.   And 30-40% accuracy is...just, what. >_<

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12276 on: June 23, 2014, 09:02:11 pm »

Drones on the second mission?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12277 on: June 23, 2014, 09:04:54 pm »

Yes.  I'll admit that I never saw them coming.  I was terrified for a split-second that there'd be Cyberdiscs right behind them, then I remembered that if there were, they'd have triggered as part of the same group.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12278 on: June 23, 2014, 09:21:10 pm »

I like how the autopsy research says they have no offensive weapons.  I play on Normal where the damage is fairly minor, but it's still a weird oversight.

Last death... I burst through the door into a room with three guys with shotguns.  One got knocked down by the door, the other two were caught in my rain of lead.  I tackled the guy on the ground but a fourth guy came out of the bathroom and shot me right in the owl-mask.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12279 on: June 23, 2014, 09:35:47 pm »

Drones in long war fill the gap between sectoids and floaters (in terms of order of appearance).  They're basically a very early alien tank; slightly less dangerous than sectoids offensively, but they have 5 health and 2 points of innate damage resistance when your guns are doing 2-5 damage.  And of course they're a pain to hit.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12280 on: June 23, 2014, 09:53:51 pm »

I've played quite a bit, I know what their stats are like..
:v

Unless their stats were altered by the mod as well.

That's neat that the mod changes that as well. I'm a bit surprised since I watched a few Long War playthroughs and they haven't seen drones by themselves.

Usually by the time you're encountering drones in vanilla you can pop them with a single shot. I can see them being very annoying when your troops only have default weapons.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12281 on: June 23, 2014, 11:09:53 pm »

That's what I'm saying, LW drones are different than vanilla drones in that they appear early as part of sectoid groups and have damage resistance + a gun that could plausibly kill a soldier.  I would never call vanilla drones tanks :P
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12282 on: June 24, 2014, 11:40:12 pm »

I'm heading back out of the dungeon after sparking a few moves against a mys dragon deep in the dungeon, I'm almost out and a fish catches me before the exit.  It's just a bunch of normal mostly unthreatening enemies, the kinda stuff I've killed hundreds of.

They all go for Muse, she's down in 2 hits, and then she gets hit 2 more times while downed.  She lost 3 LP while grinding sparks on the Mys Dragon and those 3 hits at 0 hp was enough to take her down to 0 LP.

I overwrote my safestate at the end of the fight too, not realizing that I had lost her, forcing me to revert back to a 2 hour old hard save.

[Romancing Saga 3 SNES]
Ugh. Losing anyone in the SaGa series is painful.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

nearlyNonexistent

• Bay Watcher
  • "What for, robbery?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12283 on: June 25, 2014, 01:19:50 am »

Turned into paste and died, then jumped out of a spacecar into the floor and died, then almost died of rocketboots, to finally die a third time by turning into goo by overdosing.

Paranoia on IRC.
Famous for stupidity and humor.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12284 on: June 25, 2014, 01:51:28 am »

..to finally die a third time by turning into goo by overdosing.
She took three bottles of pills that had unreadable labels that were covered in blood because she had fished them out of a gibbed Armed Forces citizen's torso because she and Kashyyk were fighting over the medical kit and they fell into it, then opened the bottles and poured the contents into her gullet without even looking at them.
Pages: 1 ... 817 818 [819] 820 821 ... 1575