Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 811 812 [813] 814 815 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370751 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12180 on: June 10, 2014, 06:49:59 am »

What's worse than 1 Draugr Deathlord? 4 of them. Fuck you Skuldafn.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12181 on: June 10, 2014, 08:36:02 am »

I started on the tundra with Suryavarman and Napoleon directly below me within spitting distance.  So I man up, snag masonry/bronze for a chopped unstoned Great wall and settle the one copper on my visible map, a far flung location that polar bears would cringe at.  I was really pushing my time, because Sury DoWs just three turns after I hook up my capital to the copper.  Toki and Sulieman join him, but I haven't even found their land, so I'd wager its an alliance in the making.

Nappie DoWs his southern neighbor and basically threatens me into DoWing her too.  So Im at war with half of the civilized world and now I see settlers from Cyrus of Persia crawling through my land.  I close borders with him, but I see so nearby horses and iron that he may be going for.  With the ai mod they'd totally settle some nasty land in some far-flung icepit for a strategic resource.  So naturally I plop down a few settlers while trying my best not to get eaten by Sury.  Sury must have traded for copper, because when I started seeing his axemen (as opposed to his chariots and archers) I knew I was not playing a winning game. At this poin the only thing keeping me in contention on the scoreboard was my size, most people had a much better economy set up.

CIV
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12182 on: June 10, 2014, 09:37:53 am »

After fighting for every inch of ground we wanted, starting from Vladivostok, my North Korean troops arrived at our objective. As battered as they were the Soviets were even worse off. I brought out the remnants of our tanks, advanced and took out the remaining enemy T-72s and command vehicles, leaving me with just 3 tanks after the seemingly endless bombing.

Then, that turn, the very turn we took our objective new Soviet forces appeared, which included above all else 16 T-80As and 8 MI-28s. My poor battered and bloodied North Korean troops didn't stand a chance.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12183 on: June 10, 2014, 09:46:51 am »

Syphilis + infected battlefield wound do not mix.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12184 on: June 10, 2014, 10:42:47 am »

After fighting for every inch of ground we wanted, starting from Vladivostok, my North Korean troops arrived at our objective. As battered as they were the Soviets were even worse off. I brought out the remnants of our tanks, advanced and took out the remaining enemy T-72s and command vehicles, leaving me with just 3 tanks after the seemingly endless bombing.

Then, that turn, the very turn we took our objective new Soviet forces appeared, which included above all else 16 T-80As and 8 MI-28s. My poor battered and bloodied North Korean troops didn't stand a chance.

The soviets getting mid-80s gear in a campaign set in '79 really irritates me. Plus, it's set so early that practically everything you have is a soviet hand-me-down or knockoff, rather than the much more interesting Chinese/NK native stuff from the 80s and 90s. Bear Vs Dragon remains the only campaign I haven't beaten, purely due to how annoying it is to constantly have to fight late 70s/mid 80s gear with your ZTZ-59s (T-55s produced under license). Mt Narodnaya's probably my favourite, with Busan Pocket coming in a close second.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12185 on: June 10, 2014, 02:10:31 pm »

Fell into some stomach acid. Forgot I had just used a Potion and not simply reloaded my deck. Couldn't reload fast enough.

Because I had at most a level 6 Cure card, and Parasite Cage has level 7 attacks, I stocked it together with Goofy's card to avoid breaking it. I put Goofy first. Turns out that during Summon and Friend cards, you can't jump, and the acid still hurts you.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12186 on: June 10, 2014, 07:21:52 pm »

So I'm in Azalea Gym, hoping to beat one more trainer before going back to the Pokemon Center. Togepi manages to Disable his Beedrill's Fury Attack with her last Metronome, so I figure now would be a good opportunity to give Ekans some experience.

Beedrill knocks out Ekans from almost-full health with a critical Struggle.

Beedrill. OHKO. Struggle.

what the hell

Pokemon Crystal.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12187 on: June 10, 2014, 09:13:49 pm »

BULLET BEES ARE EATING YOUR FLESH

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12188 on: June 10, 2014, 11:55:27 pm »

So I decided to try this game out.

anexiledone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12189 on: June 11, 2014, 04:03:30 am »

Cataclysm DDA with static spawn and the spawn rate set around 20 and the fast zombie mod. I was a lowly shower victim who had just stepped out of the shelter only to find the shelter spawned between 2 mega stores. While trying to run away, my only options were to a) go north through a fungal bloom, or go south right through town. I made it halfway through the town before stumbling into a horde of zombies that damn near filled my field of view.

It didn't end well. However, I take pride in the fact that my hands were clean as I tried to find them off with a bar of soap...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12190 on: June 11, 2014, 04:51:56 am »

BULLET BEES ARE EATING YOUR FLESH
The boss fights in that game are some of the most awesome and difficult in the franchise. I hope Phantom Pain has some really good boss fights, because MGS4's BB Unit were awfully easy, though they had some pretty heartbreaking stories.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12191 on: June 11, 2014, 06:10:24 pm »

I managed to piss off the whole world, leaving my only friends Ramses, Augustus, and Lincoln.  After a tenuous DoW on almost everybody, Religion was the only thing keeping all of the above from eating me alive, as all were my neighbors.  William Von Douchbag used to be, until he DoWed Washington and left the holy city open.  I couldn't resist, having popped out Stonehenge earlier.  Stalin, the honestly quite capable underdog in about every game I play with him, had managed to hold out against all odds against me so far.

And I mean we've had 5 wars by the time the AP was built, 3 by me, and 2 by him.  He only had 2 cities left before Augustus took whatever he had behind him.

So, I wipe out William and take my rightful place as warmonger-prophet of Islam, (go team Jihad).  But then suddenly a wave of DoWs as everybody with a superior economy techs up heavy footmen, leaving me with antiquated warfare means.  I was able to catapult the first three waves from Qin Shi. Gilgamesh, and Zara easy enough, and held back Hayua at only one lost edge city (which I didn't care about given how contested that ground was), but then comes Justinian with his goddamn cataphracti just 3 turns before I get engineering.  I was boned.  And when he started rocking me even Augustus joined in.

I had -9 and -10 on a few of the leaders from 'you declared war on our friends!'

CIV
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #12192 on: June 11, 2014, 07:02:37 pm »

Sometimes you just have to leave the vaults alone. Taking 4 lightning bolts with every move you make is not good for your health.

TOME4

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12193 on: June 11, 2014, 10:54:18 pm »

The final boss. The pre-final-boss boss was easy enough, but who would have thought
would be so tough?

« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 10:58:00 pm by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #12194 on: June 12, 2014, 02:14:49 pm »

I angered a shopkeeper at one point by digging one tile too close to his shop.

On a later floor while struggling with an angry shopkeeper over a shotgun, the shopkeeper punched me and sent me flying right into a spike pit. This is Sparta?

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 811 812 [813] 814 815 ... 1575